PDA

View Full Version : What Obama Hasn't Done

Gayle in MD
10-06-2009, 01:59 PM
He hasn't tried to launch a fake war on lies.

He hasn't lied about his youthful experimentations, ah hem, like you know who did.

He hasn't lost all our allies.

he hasn't cherry picked any intelligence.

He hasn't adopted a policy of from the gut, Cowboy Diplomacy and emboldened our enemies, and insulted our allies, and launched a war against the wrong people, at the wrong time, in the wrong place, (whwere did I hear those words of wisdom?)

He hasn't tried to politicize the entire Department Of Justice.

He hasn't outed any secret NOC CIA agents.

He hasn't planted any fake reporters to ask administration friendly questions in the WH Press Room.

He hasn't been on vacation as often as he has been in the White House, more than any other president, on vacation, either in Texas, or at Camp David, or in Maine.

He hasn't flown around on the Enron Jet throughout his campaign.

He hasn't turned his back on destroying al Qaeda, and bin Laden
He hasn't fired any generals for disagreeing with him, although, he really should consider it, since Patreaus and McCrystal are rumored to be preparing to run against him in 2012.

<span style="color: #000066">Washington has been buzzing over Patreaus's lack of appearances lately. Many have said that he is making himself acarce, and suspected that he has plans to run, particularly after Gates, AND Jim Jones admonished MCCrystal for his militarily unacceptable statements to the public.

I just learned that General Patreaus has had Prostate cancer. My statement, therefore, was inappropriate, and I wish him a speedy recovery.</span>

He hasn't appointed any idiots to the Supreme Court.

He hasn't launched a war because Da Da didn't do the right thing, and he's mad because everyone called Da Da a whimp.

He hasn't picked his nose in public.

He hasn't embarrassed the country by eating and talking with his mouth open at a State Luncheon.

He hasn't tried to massage a female leader's back in public.
he hasn't used grossly incorrect grammar, like, "Is our children learning?"

He hasn't made a fool of himself trying to pretend he has rhythm by trying to dance and play the bongos with ethnic bands on the grounds of the White House.

He hasn't called other countries in the world Evil.

He hasn't looked the other way while our troops needed decent equipment.

He hasn't suspended the jail sentences of any treasonists convicted of obstruction of justice.

He hasn't set up any of his former corporate cornies for war profiteering.

Gee, so far, he's doing pretty damn good, relatively speaking, that is.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
10-06-2009, 02:20 PM
lol !!!!!
and it's all true. I can't believe that anybody from the right would begin a thread here complaining about President Obama's first months in office....when it was obvious that someone would compare it with GW's first year.....beginning with ignoring the warnings from our intelligence agencies to 9/11....courtesy of the family of his business partners...hmmm....that's as big a coincidence as Prescott Bush's ties with der Nazis...ya think?
'course this isn't exactly the creme de la creme of the right, that posts here (or the country is worse off then I thought)
The proof of that is obvious....if they really had anything of importance to say, why waste it here, where only a dozen or so comment politically?.......this really important news that lww
"wants as many as possible to read" wouldn't it make more sense to post it on a site dedicated to politics and current affairs?
But somebody would "eat their lunch" on there....

Gayle in MD
10-06-2009, 02:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol !!!!!
and it's all true. I can't believe that anybody from the right would begin a thread here complaining about President Obama's first months in office....when it was obvious that someone would compare it with GW's first year.....beginning with ignoring the warnings from our intelligence agencies to 9/11....courtesy of the family of his business partners...hmmm....that's as big a coincidence as Prescott Bush's ties with der Nazis...ya think?
'course this isn't exactly the creme de la creme of the right, that posts here (or the country is worse off then I thought)
The proof of that is obvious....if they really had anything of importance to say, why waste it here, where only a dozen or so comment politically?.......this really important news that lww
"wants as many as possible to read" wouldn't it make more sense to post it on a site dedicated to politics and current affairs?
But somebody would "eat their lunch" on there.... </div></div>

Yeah, and he broke the vacation record, too, set by none other than Ronald REagan, that Hollywood POS.

Check it out:

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=George_W._Bush:_The_War_President_ is_Missing_in_Action

Sunday, August 12, 2007
It's hard work - Bush has taken 418 vacation days, that's nine weeks a year
by Pam Spaulding on 8/12/2007 03:00:00 PM
[NOTE FROM JOHN: Bush has been taking 9 weeks a year vacation. That's more than the French, who get around 6 weeks a year. Nine weeks a year, folks. On your dime. No wonder the Iraqi parliament is taking the month off - they've learned from the best.]

That's why George W. Bush is on track to break the Ronald Reagan's record for taking the most paid time off on your dime. I guess you could look at it this way -- the more he's on vacation, the less damage he can do to the country. (Houston Chronicle):

On Thursday, Bush left for a weekend in Kennebunkport, Maine, and his family's summer compound, Walker's Point. On Monday, he heads to his Crawford retreat, where he has spent all or part of 418 days of his presidency, according to Mark Knoller, a CBS News White House correspondent and meticulous record-keeper.

...The presidential vacation-time record holder is the late Ronald Reagan, who tallied 436 days in his two terms. At 418 days, and with 17 months to go in his presidency, Bush is going to beat that easily.

...A recent survey by Yahoo Hot Jobs found nearly half of American workers did not take all of their vacation days last year.
Nice to know he's getting tanned, rested and ready while men and women are working in 110-degree heat in Iraq and getting blasted by IEDs.

Remember, the president also told Nebraska resident Mary Mornin, in her late 50s, and raising three kids -- one mentally challenged this in 2005:
MS. MORNIN: That's good, because I work three jobs and I feel like I contribute.

THE PRESIDENT: You work three jobs?

MS. MORNIN: Three jobs, yes.

THE PRESIDENT: Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that. (Applause.) Get any sleep? (Laughter.)
Listen to that classic here.

More posts about: consumer safety
http://www.americablog.com/2007/08/its-hard-work-bush-has-taken-418.html

pooltchr
10-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Gayle makes a very good point. Many people said from the very beginning that Obama was just an empty suit. She points out the fact that Obama really hasn't done much of anything. He let Pelosi and Reid write a trillion dollar spending bill, which he signed without even reading it.

I've already pointed out all the "accomplishments" where his administration has, shal we say, come up short.

Maybe we will be lucky and he will serve his 4 years as a do nothing president!

Steve

wolfdancer
10-06-2009, 02:33 PM
GWB is a stain on American political history. They will be studying his Presidency and it's many mistakes for decades to come. I also believe they will be citing both he and his cabinet for their criminal activity, in mock trials in many law schools as well perhaps for the next one hundred years. May Cheney and he, Dick and dickless, rot in hell for eternity

Gayle in MD
10-06-2009, 02:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GWB is a stain on American political history. They will be studying his Presidency and it's many mistakes for decades to come. I also believe they will be citing both he and his cabinet for their criminal activity, in mock trials in many law schools as well perhaps for the next one hundred years. May Cheney and he, Dick and dickless, rot in hell for eternity </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Yes, and I just posted more good news, that Obama has put America back in the top position of the most admired country in the world, after it dropped considerably under Bush.

For a full account of all of President obama's and the Democratic congress's accomplishments, go to Charlie Rose, http://www.charlierose.com. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It climbed from seventh place last year, ahead of France, Germany, the United Kingdom and Japan which completed the top five nations in the Nation Brand Index (NBI).

"What's really remarkable is that in all my years studying national reputation, I have never seen any country experience such a dramatic change in its standing as we see for the United States for 2009," said Simon Anholt, the founder of NBI, which measured the global image of 50 countries each year.

He believes that during the previous administration of George W. Bush the United States suffered in the world ranking with its unpopular foreign policies but since Obama was elected, and despite the recent economic turmoil, the country's status has risen globally.

"There is no other explanation," Anholt said in an interview, referring to the impact of Obama.

</div></div>

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091005/lf_nm_life/us_usa_status

Quite an accomplishment, after what Bush did to us in the ratings.

pooltchr
10-06-2009, 03:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GWB is a stain on American political history. </div></div>

Interesting comment. At least he wasn't just a stain on an intern's dress!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve

wolfdancer
10-06-2009, 03:07 PM
well, I was just expressing my real feelings about them. I hope that they will be held accountable in the next life, as will Bill Clinton, whose sins do not come near in magnitude to that of GWB

Sid_Vicious
10-06-2009, 03:24 PM
That b@stard should have been hanged already, but I forgot...Bill Clinton got a BJ in the Whitehouse! Oh how terrible of a dastardly deed compared to "That b@stard." GWB is a pimple on top of an inside hemorroid of every American's colon. I wish that guy would move out of north Texas. I sneer anytime I now see a fleet of limos, and wonder if that azzhole is in there spending my tax dollares with the SS service agents. Sid Vicious

Deeman3
10-06-2009, 03:32 PM
But....... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

If George Bush Was An Idiot......

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes? If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you not have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

If George W. Bush had mis-spelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as proof of what a dunce he is?

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

If George W Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry....he's done all this in 5 months -- so you'll have three years and seven months to come up with an answer. SCARY! Wonder what else he'll do in that time???

Deeman3
10-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Of course, I didn't author the above.

Gayle in MD
10-06-2009, 03:37 PM
LMAO! If George W. Bush had never been president, NONE of your list would ever have happened!

BWA HA HA HA....

Oh, except for the anniversary dinner, but then, Bush broke the vacation record for all presidents, even REagan, second from the top vacationer!

Gayle in MD
10-06-2009, 03:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But....... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

If George Bush Was An Idiot......

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes? If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

<span style="color: #000066">The telepromptor was already there, so that one is false. And as for going to dinner, Bush's trips to Maine and Texas were out of sight. </span>

If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

<span style="color: #000066">Obama didn't do that either? where did you get this BS, from the Republican talking points? </span>

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

<span style="color: #000066">Nit picking. </span>

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

<span style="color: #000066">Upi
You're really schelpping around digging on this one. </span>
If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you not have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

<span style="color: #000066">The Queen Requested the Ipod, and they gve her music, not speeches. Also, he didn't say that she was as old as the revolution, like Bush did, LMAO! </span>

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have approved?

<span style="color: #000066">Bowed? BWA HA HA HA...he kissed him, on the lips, and held his hand, and I've always thought Bush came out of that meeting with chapped lips! </span>

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

<span style="color: #000066">Well, there actuall is an Australia Bush language of sorts, so again, you're digging around nit picking, and anyway, I don't recall obama ever doing any such thing. Proof? </span>

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you have approved?

<span style="color: #000066">Bush filled his cabinet positions with incompetent cronies who gave money to his campaign. I wouldn't even bring it up if I were you, remember Katrina? </span>

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

<span style="color: #000066">Is our children learning? </span>

If George W. Bush had mis-spelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as proof of what a dunce he is?

<span style="color: #000066">I doubt George Bush could say the word, let alone spell it. He can't even say NUCLEAR! </span>

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

<span style="color: #000066">Na, he didn't have to plant the tree, I knew he was a hypocrite during the election. </span>

If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?

<span style="color: #000066">Another lie, Deeman? the President didn't ok that, but what wuold YOU do if Terrorists attacked us, and Obama flew their relatives out of the country immediately? what would YOU think, had Obama been in business with the countries that suypplied the Terrorists with their weapons, and then given one of them the contract on our ports? </span>

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

<span style="color: #000066">Did you say "IF"? BUSH DID FAIL TO DO IT! </span>

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

<span style="color: #000066">I only wish that had ben the ONLY thing he did that he had no cnstitutional authority to do. You're nit picking, again, Obama was protecting our investments in that company, not just abusing power, like Bush did for eight years. </span>

If George W Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?
<span style="color: #000066">
LMAO! Really grabbing at straws now I see. Bush doubled the debt, and wasted the surplus, and we're still pay off his debts, which led to the collapse, and our loss of resources to deal with HIS COMING DEPRESSION and HIS TWO FAILURES IN THE MIDDLE EAST&lt; OUR TRICK BAG&lt; THAT BUSH CREATED!</span>
If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry....he's done all this in 5 months -- so you'll have three years and seven months to come up with an answer. SCARY! Wonder what else he'll do in that time???

</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Gee, earlier today I put your name out there ass being intelligent, and able to debate, but now, I"ll take that com0pliment back. You're just another RW NUT! LIVING IN DENIAL! SUFFERING FROM THE ELEPHANT FLU!</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
10-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Gayle, the link I sent you earlier re GWB and SS....in one of them 2001 speeches he mentioned the hundreds of millions of surplus $$ the treasury would have over the next 10 years
Maybe we could use that now to pay off our debts??

eg8r
10-07-2009, 08:08 AM
He hasn't done anything to bring this country out of a recession.

He hasn't spent the our taxpaying dollars wisely.

He lost the Olympics for Chicago.

He hasn't done anything to lower fuel costs.

He hasn't cheated on his wife (you have to do this for the lefties to love you).

He hasn't, he hasn't, he hasn't...the list goes on and on. He has not done anything yet.

WHAT HAS HE DONE!!!

eg8r

Gayle in MD
10-07-2009, 10:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, the link I sent you earlier re GWB and SS....in one of them 2001 speeches he mentioned the hundreds of millions of surplus $$ the treasury would have over the next 10 years
Maybe we could use that now to pay off our debts?? </div></div>

Yes, the right is a nutty bunch, for sure.

They are trying to say that Obama hasn't done anything.

Well, lets see now.

According to the most reputable international poll in history, Obama has brought America back for the all time low that Bush created, down to #7 most admired country in the world, from the countries around the world, back to the top, that's right, the NUMBER ONE MOST ADMIRED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, which as was stated in the article I provided, could ONLY be contributable to President Obama.

Bernake has stated that Obama's policies have diverted BUSH"S DEPRESSION! Predicted to be worse than the Great Depression, by Bush, himself!

Bernake has stated that the recession is virtually over, and that jobs are always the last to recover.

Obama has had the courage to commit to solving our greatest domestic threat, economically, by attacking the threatening rise of health care costs, which represent 62% of all bankruptsey's.

Republicans have worked to defend the corporate theives without conscience, who take money from Americans for insurance, and then drop them once they become ill with life threatening diseases, many caused by pollution created by coal and oil. A multi layered threat to America, being addressed by the President, who represents PEOPLE, not corporate bottom line, which robs Americans, and pollutes our environment, not like the Drill baby drill, idiots.

Obama, and the Democratic Congress, have stimulated the economy with their policies, even housing prices, have shown recovery.

Obama, and the Democratics, are working to improve health care, and bring down unsustainable costs for care and insurance.

The Democratics have passed all of the first one hundred days, legislation, which they promised to pass, and did so in one hundred days.

While jobs have not recovered, nor were they expected to recover this soon, the rate of job loss has been cut in half by President Obama's policies, down from Bush's over 600,000 a month, to virtually half that number.

Obama has put into place the best two people to work together in leading our foreign Affairs, and they have become CLOSE FRIENDS, Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, and Secretary of Defense, Bob Gates, Gates being the one and only good decision Bush made in eight years, and Gates being the man who chose Patreaus to deal with the Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld mess in Iraq, which led to the reconstituion of the taliban and al Qaeda, and the strengthening our enemies, Iran, North Korea, the Taliban, al Qaeda, Hezbollah and Hammas, all bolder and more of a threat now than pre-Bush.

Obama has already shown America that he does not make political stop gag decisions, but instead, he goes about his decision making after first consulting, and listening to all the experts around him, encourageing each of them to speak out, instead fo firing them when they don't support his policies.

So, Obama has already made great strides in dealing with what has been called the worst legacy ever left to one president, by another, namely Bush, and we now have proof, AGAIN, that Republican domestic policy, tax policy, foreign affairs, ecnomic policy and corruption policies, failed, once again, and now Democratics once again face having to bring the country back from another Republican created disastrous pit, on every front.

The right can't own up, and therefore, they are left with idiotic references to a stain on dress, and insults.

Do Republicans NEVER LEARN?

pooltchr
10-07-2009, 01:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Obama, and the Democratic Congress, have stimulated the economy with their policies, even housing prices, have shonw recovery.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

They did squander almost a trillion dollars with the promise that it would cap the jobless rate at 8%. It's now at 9.8% and expected to rise even more.

With 10% of the consumers not working, not making any money, not producing any goods or services, not spending any money...how in the heck can you believe that the economy is getting better?

Businesses are still actually cutting jobs. Maybe not at the rate they were a few months ago, but jobs are still going away. Maybe we are adding a few new jobs, but certainly not enough to offset the ones still being lost.

How can you possibly swallow that much kook-ade????

Steve

Gayle in MD
10-08-2009, 07:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, the link I sent you earlier re GWB and SS....in one of them 2001 speeches he mentioned the hundreds of millions of surplus $$ the treasury would have over the next 10 years
Maybe we could use that now to pay off our debts?? </div></div> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Well, you know we have so many economic experts around here, the trouble with their BS is that it's about as acurate as Bush's attempt to spread freedom and democracy with bombs and lies...I lean toward believing the quintessential expert on the Great Depression, who acknowledge that Bush's Depression was impending, and that the only way to divert it was to do what all the other nations who are now showing recovery, as well, had to do. Spend some money to escape Bush's depression.

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=Is+the+recessio...over-2009-09-15 (http://www.ask.com/bar?q=Is+the+recession+over&page=1&qsrc=2106&ab=0&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marketwatch.com%2Fstory%2Fberna nke-declares-the-recession-over-2009-09-15)

I think my money would be on the expert, rather than the radical fringe RW self proclaimed experts, who used to jump on here and parrot Cheney's, :Debts don't matter" BS, wouldn't you?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif