PDA

View Full Version : A Conservative Professor in a Liberal World

llotter
10-07-2009, 09:21 AM
This is a great article and demonstrates the extent to which the Left have essentially won the 'debate'. The comments at the end are also worth perusing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The overwhelmingly liberal atmosphere on campus is well known. In the one place in society at which there should be diversity of thought, exploration of conflicting ideas and a propensity to challenge conventional wisdom, we have instead a mind-numbing conformity of opinion and a complete unwillingness to entertain any thought or idea that deviates from the accepted truth. That conformity encompasses:

The legitimacy of virtually any program that promotes the interests of minority and female faculty, staff and students, even if the program is blatantly racist or sexist -- justified by a belief that America's past unjust treatment of blacks, American Indians and Japanese-Americans, and its unfair treatment of women render such discrimination necessary and lawful.
A multicultural mentality, which preaches that America's Eurocentric, white, Christian heritage is responsible for colonialism, imperialism, racism and sexism, and that its replacement by a culture that "celebrates diversity" will transform the US into a more just and humane society.
A distrust of free markets and democratic capitalism, and its severe limitation in favor of a centralized, government-controlled economy that will redistribute the wealth of America more fairly.
A denigration of religious belief and its replacement by the "worship" of secular humanism, with mindless environmentalism occupying a central place in the new religion. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> But as I began to near retirement, I decided there was no point in maintaining my forced silence any longer. As I had 15 years earlier, I unburdened myself and let fly my misgivings about the liberal campus hegemony. What happened this time? Here come three novel observations:

1. To my surprise, my "retrograde" conservative opinions were not met with calumny or derision, but rather with smiles and amusement. "Oh, that's just Ron being Ron," it was said. I wasn't viewed as a threat to the campus philosophy, but rather as some kind of queer duck to be tolerated at best, ignored at worst. This was certainly more pleasant for me than being told to shut up and get your head straight as I anticipated. But it was also incredibly frustrating that colleagues didn't take me seriously. The impression I had was that they felt there was no reason to take my ideas seriously because I was so obviously wrong that no right-thinking person could be swayed by my arguments.

2. My second observation is that I was not the only one failing to make waves. In fact, there were no waves whatsoever. There was no debate, no controversy; just the calm serenity of a campus at peace with its almost universally accepted mind set. I attribute this to three things. First, of course, anyone raising an objection was viewed, as I was, as hopelessly out of it and worthy only of being ignored. This has a chilling effect, perhaps even more effective than derision. Second, I suspect that those who believed as I did were still in lockdown mode -- for the same reasons as I was over the years. And third, I believe the liberal brainwash has been so effective on campus -- and in the national educational system in general -- that many in the liberal majority can't even fathom that there is anyone who doubts the legitimacy of their point of view.

3. My final observation is the following. The liberal hegemony exists in many quarters of the country beside academia -- e.g., the mainstream media, major foundations, law schools and the trail lawyers they produce, public school teachers, the Democratic Party, even big corporations. But none of these can maintain the atmosphere as effortlessly as campus profs and administrators. Politicians encounter opposition from their constituents; the media from its readers, listeners and viewers; trail lawyers from their clients; and corporations from their stockholders and consumers. But the educational establishment-both higher and lower-encounters little resistance. The students are ignorant, the parents are cowed, and Boards of Regents are cowardly. The ivory tower is alive and well in America and the intellectual product it presents is completely one-sided. What a tragedy for our nation and especially for its youth.</div></div>

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/10/swimming_upstream_the_life_of.html

pooltchr
10-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Stepford University?

Steve

Gayle in MD
10-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Just another two bit, fanatical, racist, sexist anachronistic fool. A lot like the guy you honor in your by-line.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

llotter
10-07-2009, 01:19 PM
I don't think you read the article or you wouldn't have said that.

Gayle in MD
10-07-2009, 01:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think you read the article or you wouldn't have said that. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The legitimacy of virtually any program that promotes the interests of minority and female faculty, staff and students, even if the program is blatantly racist or sexist -- justified by a belief that America's past unjust treatment of blacks, American Indians and Japanese-Americans, and its unfair treatment of women render such discrimination necessary and lawful.
A multicultural mentality, which preaches that America's Eurocentric, white, Christian heritage is responsible for colonialism, imperialism, racism and sexism, and that its replacement by a culture that "celebrates diversity" will transform the US into a more just and humane society.
A distrust of free markets and democratic capitalism, and its severe limitation in favor of a centralized, government-controlled economy that will redistribute the wealth of America more fairly.
A denigration of religious belief and its replacement by the "worship" of secular humanism, with mindless environmentalism occupying a central place in the new religion. </div></div>

I read it alright.

Deeman3
10-07-2009, 01:59 PM
If he were only a Hollywood Director who had drugged, had sex (not Rape,Rape) and sodomised a 13 year old over 30 years ago, he would be worth listening to by everyone.

If he had only bombed a Federal Office or two.

If he had only been from the left. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
10-07-2009, 02:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If he were only a Hollywood Director who had drugged, had sex (not Rape,Rape) and sodomised a 13 year old over 30 years ago, he would be worth listening to by everyone.

If he had only bombed a Federal Office or two.

If he had only been from the left. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Beneath you, don't you think so Deeman?

I'd like to see roman Polanski boiled in oil.

I am completely against anyone bombing anyplace, unless our country must do it because it is a last resort.

I don't approve of everyone, and everything, that you like to lay at me feet. Right now, I'd like to see someone find some trash on Baucus, for example, whom I consider a total crook.

Let's not work too hard at placing me in the same category of blind approval, and support, which those who still refuse to admit that Bush's policies were responsible and led us to into this economic pit, reside in.

That would include his lying us into foreign wars, militarily unwinnable wars....aka, entanglements which emboldened our enemies.

Tax cuts during war time, blowing a surplus, and creating huge debts to China and Japan, to pay for unrealistic tax cuts during wartime. A far wider gap between the rich and the poor, or the rich and the M.C., due to slanted tax policies.

Failed Republican oversight, and the much touted Bush Ownership Society, incompetence by Bush Appointees.

A Republican Majority, Republican Appointees, which provided no regulatory checks.

Alan Greenspan, and his artificially low interest rates, which fueled the overly exuberant R.E. Market, which in turn led to gross wholesale theft of the treasure once owned by many Americans, stolen from them by your beloved corporate fascist pigs, on Wall Street, and elsewhere, and your not so fair, not so trustworth, unregulated, free market exuberance,.... shall we?

G.</span>

cushioncrawler
10-07-2009, 04:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a great article and demonstrates the extent to which the Left have essentially won the 'debate'. The comments at the end are also worth perusing.....</div></div>This makes me a bit happyer -- it looks like there iz hope for the usofa despite the ignorant majority.
But there iz still lots of krap in schools that iznt questioned enuff.
Krappynomix being praps the worst one.
Some science iz a scandal allso -- this will hav to be revealed one day -- especially Einstein's stuff.
But if not liberal hegemony -- i wonder what sort of hegemony he would prefer on campus????????????????????????
madMac.

cushioncrawler
10-07-2009, 05:17 PM
This group (below) sez that conservatives are in fact attacking free thort. That article (abov) that llotter cites might be one of the conservativ's shot.
<span style='font-size: 20pt'>"...Instead of diminishing, opposition to free thought is now increasing with ominous rapidity....."</span>
madMac.

************************"Free Thinking Students Establish National Alliance"****************************
Source: The Diamondback (University of Maryland-Baltimore County) Date: September 24, 1996 Author: Amanda Crawford

Three members of the campus Atheist Students Association recently joined with students across the nation to form the Campus Freethought Alliance. The alliance is a national umbrella group for student "free thought" organizations, which include atheist, agnostic, skeptic and humanist groups. Its goals include promoting a friendly campus environment for free thinkers and encouraging the establishment of other campus free-thinking organizations, according to the group's declaration.

Alireza Aliabadi, Brianna Waters and Keith Augustine attended a conference for student atheist, humanist and skeptic leaders in August. The conference was sponsored by the Council for Secular Humanism in Amherst, N.Y. When they were first invited to New York, they had no idea why, said Waters, treasurer of the CFA and a junior evolutionary biology major.

"They told us that they were going to give us free critical thinking classes," she said. "In addition, we founded this organization."

The students, representing 15 college campuses, began to discuss the need for a national organization to coordinate the activities of student free-thought groups. At the conference, they formed the CFA and wrote its founding statement, "A Declaration of Necessity." In November, the CFA will hold its first conference, when they plan to write a constitution and begin planning activities.

"As members of a small but significant minority," the declaration reads, "we often have been forced to reside in a social environment caustic to our needs, interests and convictions. Instead of diminishing, opposition to free thought is now increasing with ominous rapidity."

Aliabadi, CFA vice president and a senior chemistry major, believes the alliance will provide a close link between campus groups and other nationwide organizations.

"I consider this a historic moment in free-thought history, whereby campus students across the nation are joining hands and minds to further strengthen the free-thought movement on the collegiate level," Aliabadi said.

According to Aliabadi, the CFA has about 20 member organizations, including one in Canada, and new ones are signing on daily. The time was right to form such an alliance because of the increase in religious fundamentalism and the simultaneous transition by many people to non-traditional beliefs, organizers said.

While there are national student religious groups, such as Campus Crusade and Hillel, there were no such national groups for non-believing students, said Augustine, secretary of CFA and a junior philosophy major.

"Rarely are there atheist organizations on campus," he said.
"We wanted to spread free thought on campus and promote separation of church and state," Waters said, "so that free thinkers can look objectively at things without being persecuted by the religious right by which I don't just mean Christians, but any kind of religion that tries to force their values across secular lines."

This article was retrieved from http://www.inform.umd.edu/News/Diamondback/../news-free thinking

Sev
10-07-2009, 05:25 PM
So much contained within on person.

Truly sad.

wolfdancer
10-07-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm not too sure where the line originated from... communism, nazism .....but one of the main tenets is, to get rid of the intellectuals, in order to take over a country......
You always come across to me, and I hope others here...as wanting to protect our American Freedom, by taking some of it away, changing our democracy to some right wing version that borders on fascism.
Why do you choose this site here to promote your UnAmerican ideas?
Just testing them out to see if anybody will buy into them, before you move on to a grander scale site. BUT, choosing to use "Praise James Kopp, who showed us the light" as your signature, kind of cancels out your entire worthless post anyway, so rant on. You won't attract any new jack booters to your cause, but you might appeal to the ones already mind controlled by the hidden hypnotic suggestions intertwined in the Fox broadcasts

pooltchr
10-07-2009, 09:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not too sure where the line originated from... communism, nazism .....but one of the main tenets is, to get rid of the intellectuals, in order to take over a country......
</div></div>

You might want to double check that one. I believe it was to take over the education system. And the extreme liberal leanings of the present higher education culture, along with the leadership of liberal groups like the NEA would indicate that it is already well under way.
Steve

Sev
10-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Shhhh. Dont interject possible facts into the equation.

wolfdancer
10-07-2009, 11:29 PM
and I be;lieve that you are wrong as usual....and WTF are possible facts???? Is that Sev's brilliant back up of your position?
I'll look it up...maybe...but it could be printed on the back page of a bible, and unless Fox news ok'd it, you wouldn't believe it

wolfdancer
10-07-2009, 11:42 PM
you been reading too many posts of your mentor, lww. Ever consider that this same elitist group that you identify with are anti-every minority group? How do you think Hitler was able to come to power?
Read LLotter's posts carefully. Do you think he would oppose a modern day Kristallnacht on Democrats, liberals, etc?
He is already on record as approving of assassination as a way of enforcing his dogma....it's not that big a stretch to imagine him approving of mass shooting ...a democrat/liberal gathering

wolfdancer
10-08-2009, 03:16 AM
I think I've read just about all your anti-American, pseudo-fascist rhetoric, that I can handle. I hope there is a special place in Hell for people like you.
You, Steve, and lww run around here claiming that you are a "cut above". Why not take your combined, elitist, vastly superior intellects, and amazing talents over to some site who's members are trying to organize and overthrow the POTUS by whatever means necessary, including .....

Gayle in MD
10-08-2009, 06:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and I be;lieve that you are wrong as usual....and WTF are possible facts???? Is that Sev's brilliant back up of your position?
I'll look it up...maybe...but it could be printed on the back page of a bible, and unless Fox news ok'd it, you wouldn't believe it </div></div>

LMAO! Ah, that would be possible facts, already proven by every reliable fact check site to be lies.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Nuts on parade!

Oh, hey, BTW, the Nutty father of Palin's grandbaby is now selling NUTS!

BWA HA HA HA! So Appropriate!

pooltchr
10-08-2009, 07:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and I be;lieve that you are wrong as usual.... </div></div>

Sorry to burst your bubble, but take a look at number 17.

The Communist Takeover Of
America - 45 Declared Goals
From Greg Swank
12-4-2

You are about to read a list of 45 goals that found their way down the halls of our great Capitol back in 1963. As you read this, 39 years later, you should be shocked by the events that have played themselves out. I first ran across this list 3 years ago but was unable to attain a copy and it has bothered me ever since. Recently, Jeff Rense posted it on his site and I would like to thank him for doing so. http://www.rense.com

Communist Goals (1963) Congressional Record--Appendix, pp. A34-A35 January 10, 1963

Current Communist Goals EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES Thursday, January 10, 1963 .

Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.

At Mrs. Nordman's request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following "Current Communist Goals," which she identifies as an excerpt from "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen:

[From "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen]

1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.

2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.

3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.

4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.

5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.

6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.

7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.

8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.

9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.

10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.

11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)

12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.

13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.

14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.

15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.

16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.

17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.

18. Gain control of all student newspapers.

19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.

20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.

21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.

22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."

23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."

24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.

25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.

26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."

27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch."

28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."

29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.

30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."

31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.

32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.

33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.

34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.

35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.

36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.

37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.

38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].

39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.

40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.

41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.

42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems.

43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.

44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.

45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.

Note by Webmaster: The Congressional Record back this far has not be digitized and posted on the Internet.

It will probably be available at your nearest library that is a federal repository. Call them and ask them. Your college library is probably a repository. This is an excellent source of government records. Another source are your Congress Critters. They should be more than happy to help you in this matter. You will find the Ten Planks of the Communist Manifesto interesting at this point.

Webmaster Forest Glen Durland found the document in the library.

Sources are listed below.

Microfilm: California State University at San Jose Clark Library, Government Floor Phone (408)924-2770 Microfilm Call Number: J 11.R5

Congressional Record, Vol. 109 88th Congress, 1st Session Appendix Pages A1-A2842 Jan. 9-May 7, 1963 Reel 12

(number 15 sounds like the democrat party already)

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=communist+plan+...32%2Fameric.htm (http://www.ask.com/bar?q=communist+plan+to+take+over+US&page=1&qsrc=0&ab=0&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rense.com%2Fgeneral32%2Fameric. htm)

Gayle in MD
10-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Like I said, friend...this bunch on here is the core of the Radical Rw fringe NUTS!

Sev
10-08-2009, 08:08 AM
I think somebody has spent a lot of time staring into the sun.

pooltchr
10-08-2009, 11:19 AM
I see nobody from the left side of the board can address the 45 goals of the communist plan to undermine America. I guess too many of them hit too close to home!

Steve

wolfdancer
10-08-2009, 01:55 PM
I wish that you would go visit the wounded at the Veteran's hospital, and inform them that as Democrats, they are supporting the Communist ideology.....hell, I wish you would have gone into any bar in my old neighborhood, and spouted off that fascist bs line. Hopefully though, you'll repeat it, in front of some "lib" who has lost a loved one to this war.
Writing the Sen. McCarthy HUAC sh*t, really exposes yourself as totally whacked out and not worth reading, nor replying to.

pooltchr
10-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Don't you just hate it when someone proves you wrong? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
Or perhaps by now, you are used to it.

Steve

wolfdancer
10-08-2009, 05:25 PM
did you think you finally proved something, oh, dim witted one?
Is the proof hidden inside your post? Good thing you didn't try to major in math or the sciences....your, er, "proof" would not hold water......

pooltchr
10-08-2009, 06:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not too sure where the line originated from... communism, nazism .....but one of the main tenets is, to get rid of the intellectuals, in order to take over a country......
</div></div>

You might want to double check that one. I believe it was to take over the education system. And the extreme liberal leanings of the present higher education culture, along with the leadership of liberal groups like the NEA would indicate that it is already well under way.
Steve </div></div>

I just backed up my statement with the entire list. You told me I was wrong. I showed you I wasn't. You are just too thick or too stubborn to admit it.
There hasn't been a perfect person in the world in over 2000 years...and you aren't the one to change that.
You were wrong. Be a man and admit it, and move on.

Steve

llotter
10-08-2009, 07:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not too sure where the line originated from... communism, nazism .....but one of the main tenets is, to get rid of the intellectuals, in order to take over a country......
You always come across to me, and I hope others here...as wanting to protect our American Freedom, by taking some of it away, changing our democracy to some right wing version that borders on fascism.
Just testing them out to see if anybody will buy into them, before you move on to a grander scale site. BUT, choosing to use "Praise James Kopp, who showed us the light" as your signature, kind of cancels out your entire worthless post anyway, so rant on. You won't attract any new jack booters to your cause, but you might appeal to the ones already mind controlled by the hidden hypnotic suggestions intertwined in the Fox broadcasts </div></div>

You can rest assured, based on your posts here, that when they come after the intellectuals, your name will not be on the list. On the other hand, when they start practicing eugenics, you better go into hiding.

wolfdancer
10-09-2009, 12:20 AM
I just hope I get to take a few a**holes like yourself, with me. If I can take 6 of you out before they get me, Ill die happy

C'est moi! C'est moi! The angels have chose
To fight their battles below,
And here I stand, as pure as a pray'r,
Incredibly clean, with virtue to spare,
The godliest man I know!
C'est moi!

wolfdancer
10-09-2009, 12:31 AM
I'm not sure what you are trying to imply here about me being wrong, Re: what? I wrote and I'll type slowly here for you....that the idea, "kill the intellectuals" originated, I believe, with the Nazis, or the communists....
Which one does not really matter imo. You ain't proved diidly,so I ain't going to own up to sh*t to you....if you was in the 3rd grade I might, so that your feelings wouldn't be hurt....but since you post here as an authority on everything, and an uber-intellectual..... I'll just scratch my head and think "huh?"

I stated that I wasn't sure about the "kill the intellectuals" origin.....turns out that was one of Mao ideas:

And you have proved me wrong????
See if you can find an adult remedial reading class in your area, because many of your replies raise eyebrows....and WTF is he trying to say....thoughts.
Your reply doesn't even fit...

llotter
10-09-2009, 05:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a great article and demonstrates the extent to which the Left have essentially won the 'debate'. The comments at the end are also worth perusing.....</div></div>This makes me a bit happyer -- it looks like there iz hope for the usofa despite the ignorant majority.
But there iz still lots of krap in schools that iznt questioned enuff.
Krappynomix being praps the worst one.
Some science iz a scandal allso -- this will hav to be revealed one day -- especially Einstein's stuff.
But if not liberal hegemony -- i wonder what sort of hegemony he would prefer on campus????????????????????????
madMac.
</div></div>

The good professor was suggesting that there should not be a hegemony at all. That people should be encouraged to think freely and not marginalized for failing to endorse the leftist norms, especially in an educational institution. That makes sense to me but that is not the case on nearly all college campuses.

llotter
10-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Just testing them out to see if anybody will buy into them, before you move on to a grander scale site. BUT, choosing to use "Praise James Kopp, who showed us the light" as your signature, kind of cancels out your entire worthless post anyway, so rant on. You won't attract any new jack booters to your cause, but you might appeal to the ones already mind controlled by the hidden hypnotic suggestions intertwined in the Fox broadcasts </div></div>

It is hard to argue with the 'logic' you present. I support limited government, the Constitution, maximum individual freedom and you call that fascism or Nazism. Aside from the confiscatory tax rates and the hangovers from the New Deal, I look at the 1950s as the best of times. Before busing, before the Welfare State, before affirmative action, before ejecting prayer from the schools, before Woodstock and sex education, before the 'Me' generation and abortion at will, before political correctness and gay pride, before multi-culturalism and before it became fashionable to blame America as the root cause of the world's problems and before being patriotic became a bad thing. None of these were the norm in the '50s and no one identified our society at the time as facsist so it is hard for to understand your continued reference to Hitler's time.

pooltchr
10-10-2009, 10:49 AM
But the 50's weren't sophisticated enough for today's elite ruling class. Simple values just don't cut it. We need to be more understanding, particularly of the "victims" of society.

Of course, now that you mention it, I recall growing up in the 50's and we didn't need to lock our doors for fear of the rampant crime, kids were better behaved because if they weren't, there parents knew how to handle it. And if a kids parents weren't around, you could count of another adult from the neighborhood to correct any misbehavior. The biggest crime in school was when someone actually smuggled a pack of chewing gum into class. People went to their job, and worked hard to get ahead. If someone was down on their luck, the neighbors came together and helped get them back on their feet.

We are so much better off now, and even that isn't enough for the left. They want to leap frog into their new world order. Hope and Change you can believe in!

Steve

llotter
10-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Steve, If we are better of financially, even that is due to capitalism, not the redistribution of other people's money.

I do remember an article from some time ago that described the three biggest problem in public school back then was running in the hall, chewing gum and talking out of turn. That same article listed the three biggest problems of today was, drugs, pregnancy and violence. My guess is that the students from the 50s also had a much better comprehension of reading, writing, math, history and geography than student do today.

pooltchr
10-10-2009, 01:30 PM
We learned the names of all 50 states, and never once had anyone even suggest that many of those states were so insignificant that they would become collectively known as "flyover states" by the Washington elite!

Funny thing that you mentioned. We had one parent working and one staying home and being a mother to her kids. I never once went hungry or didn't have a roof over my head.

Steve

wolfdancer
10-10-2009, 02:13 PM
You should go buy the Tobey Maguire movie "Pleasantville" You can then drift off to lala land, with these memories of when your version of America was in vogue....no sex, no drugs, no rock and roll. No intellectuals in the White House.

pooltchr
10-10-2009, 07:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
No intellectuals in the White House.

</div></div>

OK, Point taken. At least in one way, it might seem we have moved somewhat in that direction again.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve