PDA

View Full Version : Obama to re-authorize the Patriot Act and more!!!

Sev
10-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Yes folks. He is gong to do it. Re-authorize an illegal Bush era program.

And there is an amendment that will authorize roaming wire taps on US citizens that are suspected to be engaged in terrorist activities. Now how exactly that is defined should prove to be interesting.

This should have the libs doing back flips!!!!

So much for Obama and the libs being any different than the Republicans.

Chopstick
10-08-2009, 10:39 AM
That would include ex-military types, anyone with more that 5 rounds of ammunition for their rifle, anyone who watches Fox, anyone who posts about the administration in a blog, anyone who has been reported to white house.gov.

pooltchr
10-08-2009, 10:48 AM
funny thing. The new administration seems to be enjoying many of the policies that they were screaming about when Bush was in office.

Remember, when all else fails:
Republicans are bad
Democrats are good.

This is always true, even when they are doing the exact same things!

Obama is the savior
Republicans are in bed with the devil.

All Republicans are evil
All Democrats are perfect.

Got it??

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

wolfdancer
10-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Gee, it seems like you real American Patriots, who have nothing to fear from such scrutiny, and who suspect all non party members of being communists, and supporters of Islam, and who were 100% behind such a Big Brother type program, under the Bush reign of error....seems like you would welcome, and appreciate this kind of
data compilation on Americans.
Wait till they implant the chips......probably in the next Republican admin...

Sev
10-08-2009, 02:54 PM
It only proves the Dems are just a bunch of hypocrites.

Bunch a sniveling infants that scream and cry when somebody else has a toy that they want.

Deeman3
10-08-2009, 02:58 PM
I do appreciate that he has the courage to continue the unpopular programs. I know he must now see how vital they are to our security. Just as with Bush, there have to be safeguards but, like Afghanistan, I would not want to have to make the tough decisions he now faces. I will back his decision as our President, as I did with Bush. Until he shows he will not protect America, I'll give him the benefit of my trust.

Even if he decides to scale back in Afghanistan and concentrate on the Pakistani border, he won't lose my support. As much as I disagree with his economic policies, he should have his chance at his military options as the majority of the people elected him and the primary responsibility of the POTUS is to protect our security. If he starts hauling in people just because they have legal weapons, he'll have much larger problem than just me.

If you think every single thing he does is wrong, you may be as bad as those, like Gayle, who thought every single thing Bush did was wrong.

Sev
10-08-2009, 03:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do appreciate that he has the courage to continue the unpopular programs. I know he must now see how vital they are to our security. Just as with Bush, there have to be safeguards but, like Afghanistan, I would not want to have to make the tough decisions he now faces. I will back his decision as our President, as I did with Bush. Until he shows he will not protect America, I'll give him the benefit of my trust.

Even if he decides to scale back in Afghanistan and concentrate on the Pakistani border, he won't lose my support. As much as I disagree with his economic policies, he should have his chance at his military options as the majority of the people elected him and the primary responsibility of the POTUS is to protect our security. If he starts hauling in people just because they have legal weapons, he'll have much larger problem than just me.

If you think every single thing he does is wrong, you may be as bad as those, like Gayle, who thought every single thing Bush did was wrong. </div></div>

I am not thrilled with the patriot act. However as long as it always has a chance to sunset and its powers are not increased it will one day go away.
I will support any decision that supports the troops and moves us towards victory. Anything that smacks of cut and run I will oppose.

That he has not been able to make a concrete decision is troubling. I think he would perhaps rather vote present.

I can not support the his economic policies. We may achieve an economic bubble however like all bubbles it will burst and the bill will come due.

wolfdancer
10-08-2009, 03:33 PM
I don't believe he is doing wrong....I just pointed out that they are now knocking Obama for the same programs They applauded Bush for. I don't agree with the stimulus program, but I am not an economist...and know that something had to be done to right the ship. The city of Lackawanna, NY, I understand,now resembles a middle east city.....and the locals are concerned. Wonder how many more cities are being taken over....we already seen what could happen when the Bagwan's group tried to take over a township.

LWW
10-08-2009, 04:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This should have the libs doing back flips!!!!</div></div>

Not a chance.

Obama will explain that the PA was a good thing all along and they will actually believe that they were in favor of the PA the entire time.

LWW

Sev
10-08-2009, 05:02 PM
It appears that Obama has stood up against the left wing of his party and has the republicans backing him in making as minimal alterations to the Patriot Act as possible.

It appears the roaming wire tap amendment would allow surveillance of individuals that are not terrorists.

Kudos to Obama for this decision.