PDA

View Full Version : A Little Girl's Speech

Sid_Vicious
10-08-2009, 11:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WzgVMp7-Lo

Everyone should take a few minutes and listen to this girl's message in it's entirety. If you don't get a lump in your throats before it's over, then something is wrong. sid

Gayle in MD
10-09-2009, 02:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WzgVMp7-Lo

Everyone should take a few minutes and listen to this girl's message in it's entirety. If you don't get a lump in your throats before it's over, then something is wrong. sid </div></div>

Great post, Sid. Thanks.

Chopstick
10-09-2009, 06:36 AM
OK, Sydney. I listened to the whole thing. No lump in the throat.

Deeman3
10-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Sid,

You and Roman have to get your focus off these young girls. JK

Nice talk by a young person but those of us who have tried to make a difference are now portrayed as somehow having an agenda other than what we have unless we are on the liberal team, witness the real efforts Bush made in Africa, measures that saved perhaps millions and he was only demonized.

Share your wealth, Sid. I share some of mine. As long as they don't make it completly a government choice and decision, I will continue to do so. I encourage any of you to support the poor but do so in a way that builds them up to self sufficiency, not that makes them forever wards of the state and in a manner where they are made to think of a particular political bent as their saviour.

Stop encouraging governments that preach social justice and kill their own poor children, that is the real face of communism on one side and totalitarian on the other. Don't keep standing next to Chavez and touting his glory while demonizing people like Bush just to make a cheap political point. Recognize, if you have not already, that the Bush Doctrine is now the Bush/Obama Doctrine in every colr and texture. Stop trying to separate Bush Rendition from Obama Rendition and, like me, understand while there may be subtle differences, you can barely find any now.

Give up your hate for Bush and get rid of that lump in your throat for Obama. Your tears will then be shared by all of us. Look at the type of government in most of the places these things the little girl is mentioning occur and see how effective they have been in helping what she wants to help.

Chopstick
10-09-2009, 09:22 AM
I remember back in the third grade, they used to pass out this free paper called the Weekly Science Reader. It was there that I first learned about the consequences of pollution and over population. They also made a point of saying that we can't wait thirty years to start working on it because by then it will be too late and we will have to come up with a different plan to deal with it. I became a staunch environmentalist before there was even a word for it and I preached about it all of my young life. Nobody listened.

Decades later it becomes fashionable and everybody shows up like it's a new thing and we have to do something about it. It's too late to do something about it. It's done. What I am waiting to hear is someone with a plan to live with it. 40% of the rivers, streams, and lakes in this country are undrinkable, unfishable and unswimable. And people still think it is OK to double the size of the population.

These same people all seem to think they are experts on the environment. The largest super computer in the world cannot even tell you with certainty what is going with the air in the room you are in right now, yet some kid with a four year degree is an expert on the environment and we are going to give him millions to go out and screw with it. The modern environmentalist does as much damage to the environment as the evil corporations they are supposed to be against.

So, they want to launch a trillion mirrors into space to reflect sunlight and cool the planet. One quick question. How ya going to get em down when it all screws up and starts to freeze everything?

So, they want to build a fleet of ships to atomize sea water and pump it up into clouds to increase their reflectivity and cool the planet. Another quick question, how are you going to get it out of the clouds when it suddenly occurs to you that water vapor is a green house gas and by the way sea water and clouds are what hurricanes are made of.

Bunch of pinheads.

Deeman3
10-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Bunch of Pinheads.

You said it brother. Now, we just have to figure out if our Bud, Sid, will end up as a volunteer in San Salvadore shot by the police while defending the orphan kids from assination or will just be satbbed in a Texas pool hall by a seventeen year old hustler after he is caught chatting up the Dud's girlfriend. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

If the plan you cite is put in place they may have to change Barney's favorite song fomr "It's raining men!" to "It's raining mirrors, OMG run for your life!"