PDA

View Full Version : All aboard for Murphy's Brass Rail in Sept.!

08-12-2002, 08:59 PM
Well, the lovely and well-informed Dr. D has just informed me that Murphy's is having a 9-ball tourney Sept. 7 & 8. For those of you who can't get to the US Open, or who have extra time and $$$ on their hands, I highly recommend making the pilgrimage!! Nobody, and I mean Nobody, hosts an event like the Murphy family. Worth the fare from anywhere! We'll be there! (Yuck, I know, I know, too much rhyming going on there!) /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
08-13-2002, 01:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> Well, the lovely and well-informed Dr. D has just informed me that Murphy's is having a 9-ball tourney Sept. 7 &amp; 8. For those of you who can't get to the US Open, or who have extra time and $$$ on their hands, I highly recommend making the pilgrimage!! Nobody, and I mean Nobody, hosts an event like the Murphy family. Worth the fare from anywhere! We'll be there! (Yuck, I know, I know, too much rhyming going on there!) /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

http://www.playpool.com/webbbs/index.cgi?read=13856

Rod
08-13-2002, 02:18 PM
Lorri, somehow I can't see this as a highlight in my life, but for those living on the east coast not to far away it's great!

Drake
08-13-2002, 03:08 PM
I can't make the Open, but I'll be in Athens for this one.

DEADSTOKE32
08-13-2002, 07:49 PM
HAY LORRI IF U KEEP IT IT COMEING SOUTH U WILL BECOME A SOUTHERN GAL SOON.
BUT YOU KNOW YOU'LL ALWAY'S BE MY COWGIRL..

Race2-9
08-13-2002, 08:39 PM
For those intesested in the other half of the story, please see the response by Doug Murphy on Playpool.com

preacherman
08-13-2002, 09:50 PM
Lori,
Maybe Joyce and I will be able to make it and hopefully see you guys play this time.

Plus remind Dr. D. she owes me a race to 7, 11 or 13 if I make it out there :-)

Jim

08-19-2002, 03:34 PM
Darlin', I'm firmly convinced I'm a southern gal trapped in a northerner's body! hahahaha
I'll be any kind of girl you want babe, can't wait to see you and your lovely wife again...... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

08-19-2002, 03:41 PM
For those of you who were not lucky enough to attend the event currently being called into question, may I suggest you check the WPBA flyer sent out to all the players. It stated what the event was for. The girls in the tournament were not charged admission, but many of us saw fit to donate anyway. Everyone seemed to be having a good time (I was only sober a short while, so I don't know how the night ended) and when we went to dinner with the Murphy's the following night, they were very pleased with the money the event raised, though they did have concerns about it being enough for the new leg. Whoever saw fit to begin this mud-slinging obviously has personal issues with Papa. The man puts on one hell of an event, and I couldn't see him short changing a stranger off the street, let alone a friend. What a shame that old adage has come to pass.....Truly, no good deed goes unpunished. /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Doctor_D
08-19-2002, 05:19 PM
Good evening:

Well said Lorri, Well said ...

Dr. D.