PDA

View Full Version : Bravo! Kudos! President Obama Wins Nobel Peace

Gayle in MD
10-09-2009, 03:13 AM
Congratulations to our President who will be awarded the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize in December.

A great honor for our President, and for our country.

Gayle in Md.

Sid_Vicious
10-09-2009, 03:17 AM
Hell yes! He's Da Man!

llotter
10-09-2009, 06:48 AM
It has yet to be established whether unilateral surrender and disarmament will lead to peace or the opposite. My opinion is that it is childish but this is one debate that will not remain for long on the theoretical level, This is one argument that will be settled but it will come at a very high price.

Chopstick
10-09-2009, 06:50 AM
So what exactly did he do in his first two weeks in office to deserve it? That's when the deadline for nominations closed. No one seems to know. Did you read what the other nominees did? It's all just a scam.

Deeman3
10-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Chopstick,

My question is why did it take so long? Gee, look at the pile of accomplishments he has to date.

It only required 5 months to select a puppy

8 months to win the war on terror (now the global conflict resolution)

6 months to come up with a vaiable health care plan

3 months to commit 2 trillion tax dollars

9 months to end the recession and re-establich the employment numbers

All this with 60 votes in a iron clad lock on the Senate and a fillibuster proof Congress

Don't mention the fact that gasps were audible in the press room and two internationmal press members actuall laughted out loud. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I think this is long overdue and, hopefully, next year they will go ahead and select Kanye West before he actually accomplishes anything. If he had only been there he might have grabbed the microphone and told them about the other deserving person overlooked, Beyonce. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

When they selected carter in 2002, everyone knew it waas politcal fluff now and nothing more.

I still hope that Obama does well in his Afghanistan decision but they may be sending him a message from the European pacifists to stand down there. I hope he makes his own decision, no matter what.

Sev
10-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Sorry I already beat you to this.

Its pathetic and meaningless.

Perhaps he will donate the money to the people of Chicago. They seem to be looking for a handout from his stash.
Or perhaps his uncle that is still living in a hut.
Or perhaps to the families of the soldiers that have lost loved ones in Afghanistan and Iraq.

He being a liberal I have my doubts.

Sev
10-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Looks like the nominating committee is having a tough time justifying their selection as Obama was only in the office for 2 weeks when nominated and he was not on the short list of nominees.

A cynic might conclude that this was a racially based decision.

Gayle in MD
10-09-2009, 09:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hell yes! He's Da Man! </div></div>

I agree. The other countries of the world are encouraged, and approving of the president's commitment and ability to bring other nations of the world together, in what they called, "extraordinary" advances in international diplomacy, and his commitment to address nuclear proliferation.

Of course, we know they are thrilled that Bush is gone, and I'd say they could see for themselves all the positive changes revealed as they watched unprecedented numbers of people around the globe, hundreds of thousands around the world, responding so positively to his words as he campaigned, so successfully displaying the global need for unification, after eight years of such a pigheaded, dictator/dufus as George Bush, who divided not only our country, but basically pissed off the rest of the world in the process.

Now we can see our path out of the impending Bush Depression, and as we celebrate the NATO agreement to maintain the extra 70,000 nato troops in Afghanistan, a careful new look at the changing conditions in Afghanistan, and a continued policy of going after the real threat, al Qaeda, our president's prestigous award is cause for Patiotic Americans to be proud of his ability to communicate on behalf of his country in a way which has led to such outstanding recognition, and positive feelings for our country, after eight years of a dangerous, growing hatred for America due to Bush policies.

Bravo to the President, and I'm sure, many more bravos will follow as he continues to lead us out of the worst and deepest (BUSH) recession since the Great Depression, with patient, careful decision making. Something we had nearly forgotten could exist.

G. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
10-09-2009, 09:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry I already beat you to this.

<span style="color: #000066"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>No you didn't, apparently you can't tell time, or read, or do either.</span></span>

Its pathetic and meaningless.

Perhaps he will donate the money to the people of Chicago. They seem to be looking for a handout from his stash.
Or perhaps his uncle that is still living in a hut.
Or perhaps to the families of the soldiers that have lost loved ones in Afghanistan and Iraq.

He being a liberal I have my doubts. </div></div>

who cares what you think. the long list of everything that your wingnuts hate make your opinions pretty uninteresting, everything from

Europe
France in particular
Muslims
The Olympics
The Nobel Prize
Women
Gays
The Dutch
nancy pelosi
Hillary clinton
Obama
Liberals
college professors
Doctors, actually getting murdered...
The Census
Our Government
Scientists
Conservationists
Chicago
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
Is there anything that the right doesn't hate?

pooltchr
10-09-2009, 10:49 AM
I always thought the prize was supposed to be for major accomplishments. I had no idea it was just a popularity contest.

Steve

Sev
10-09-2009, 03:11 PM
You are really are one of the most misguided individuals I have ever run across.

Sev
10-09-2009, 09:09 PM
UK Times opinion.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6868905.ece

<span style="color: #000099">Gasps echoed through the Nobel Hall in Oslo yesterday as Barack Obama was unveiled as the winner of the 2009 Peace Prize, sparking a global outpouring of incredulity and praise in unequal measure.

Mr Obama was sound asleep in the White House when the Norwegian Nobel Committee made the shock announcement. It said that he was being honoured for his “extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and co-operation between peoples”.

In a clear swipe at his predecessor, George W. Bush, the committee praised the “change in the international climate” that the President had brought, along with his cherished goal of ridding the world of nuclear weapons.

“Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future,” it added.
Expert View
Bronwen Maddox
Opening quote Scrap the Nobel Peace Prize. It’s an embarrassment and even an impediment to peace Closing quote
Bronwen Maddox

International reaction ranged from delight to disbelief. The former winners Kofi Annan and Desmond Tutu voiced praise, the latter lauding the Nobel Committee’s “surprising but imaginative choice”.

But Lech Walesa, the dissident turned Polish President, who won the Peace Prize in 1983, spoke for many, declaring: “So soon? Too early. He has no contribution so far.”

Mr Obama’s domestic critics leapt on the award as evidence of foreigners fawning over an untested “celebrity” leader. Rush Limbaugh, the US right-wing commentator, said: “This fully exposes the illusion that is Barack Obama."

Speaking later, Mr Obama said that he was “surprised and deeply humbled” by the unexpected decision and announced that he would donate the £880,000 prize, due to be awarded in December, to charity.

“Let me be clear. I do not view it as recognition of my own accomplishments but rather as an affirmation of American leadership on behalf of aspirations held by people in all nations," he said.

The Nobel Peace Prize is a notoriously difficult award to predict, but yesterday's decision was clearly a political choice, with three of the past six peace awards going to Bush adversaries.

In 2002 the prize went to Jimmy Carter as an explicit rejection of the Bush presidency in the build-up to the Iraq war. In 2005 Mohamed ElBaradei, the UN atomic agency chief who had clashed with Washington over the search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, was honoured. In 2007 Al Gore received the prize for his warnings on climate change, denounced by President Bush as a liberal myth.

The award is also an example of what Nobel scholars call the growing aspirational trend of Nobel committees over the past three decades, by which awards are given not for what has been achieved but in support of the cause being fought for.

Thorbjørn Jagland, the committee chairman, made clear that this year’s prize fell in that category. “If you look at the history of the Peace Prize, we have on many occasions given it to try to enhance what many personalities were trying to do,” he said. “It could be too late to respond three years from now.”

But Bobby Muller, who won the Nobel Prize as co-founder of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines, told The Times: "I don't have the highest regard for the thinking or process of the Nobel committee. Maybe Norway should give it to Sweden so they can more properly handle the Peace Prize along with all the other Nobel prizes."
</span>

wolfdancer
10-10-2009, 03:00 PM
I thought she was "right" on (pardon the pun).
You oppose everything, if you think it's somehow connected to the progressive party.

Sev
10-10-2009, 03:15 PM
I oppose everything that that goes against personal freedom and liberty.

wolfdancer
10-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize that the Nobel Peace fell into that category. I remember when that terrorist Ghandi,made the short list and almost won 3 times, and then, that other radical, MLK, actually did win....so according to your standards....

Sev
10-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Nobel Peace Prize falls into the relevance category of the prize at the bottom of a CrackerJack box.

Gayle in MD
10-10-2009, 05:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, I didn't realize that the Nobel Peace fell into that category. I remember when that terrorist Ghandi,made the short list and almost won 3 times, and then, that other radical, MLK, actually did win....so according to your standards.... </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Here's a good video which supports quite well, the decision of the Panel. Scroll down to the middle of the page....</span>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/09/nobel-prize-to-obama-defe_n_316098.html

<span style="color: #000066">The right is so angry because we have such an honorable man representing our country, and he's a Democratic, and most of the recent Republican presidents were failures, broke the law and got caught, and/or left the country in a mess, starting with Nixon, straight through to Bush.

Most of the countries around the world had very low approval ratings during and after the latest Bush regime, many under ten percent, a few in the 20's, and now most are between 80 percent and 95 percent approval, from the same countries.

I think it is reasonable to say that our country holds an advantage in working toward peace and disarmament, when other countries admire our president, and are eager to work with him, and our country, to solve all the global problems we face at this time.

As many have noted, the turn around has been so significant, and fast, It is easy to see why the Nobel panel has been impressed, and if one reads the words of intention, and goals, stated by the founder, for the award, it is even more appropriate and understandable that Obama was chosen.

G.</span>

Sev
10-10-2009, 07:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, I didn't realize that the Nobel Peace fell into that category. I remember when that terrorist Ghandi,made the short list and almost won 3 times, and then, that other radical, MLK, actually did win....so according to your standards.... </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Here's a good video which supports quite well, the decision of the Panel. Scroll down to the middle of the page....</span>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/09/nobel-prize-to-obama-defe_n_316098.html

<span style="color: #000066">The right is so angry because we have such an honorable man representing our country, and he's a Democratic, and most of the recent Republican presidents were failures, broke the law and got caught, and/or left the country in a mess, starting with Nixon, straight through to Bush.

Most of the countries around the world had very low approval ratings during and after the latest Bush regime, many under ten percent, a few in the 20's, and now most are between 80 percent and 95 percent approval, from the same countries.

I think it is reasonable to say that our country holds an advantage in working toward peace and disarmament, when other countries admire our president, and are eager to work with him, and our country, to solve all the global problems we face at this time.

As many have noted, the turn around has been so significant, and fast, It is easy to see why the Nobel panel has been impressed, and if one reads the words of intention, and goals, stated by the founder, for the award, it is even more appropriate and understandable that Obama was chosen.

G.</span> </div></div>

Your fawning over the sock puppet is quite disgusting.

People and leaders around the world are laughing at him.

Gayle in MD
10-10-2009, 07:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, I didn't realize that the Nobel Peace fell into that category. I remember when that terrorist Ghandi,made the short list and almost won 3 times, and then, that other radical, MLK, actually did win....so according to your standards.... </div></div>

G.</span> </div></div>

Your fawning over the sock puppet is quite disgusting.

People and leaders around the world are laughing at him. </div></div>

Many more people and leaders around the world are applauding him, and have been applauding him, since the campaign.

That is one of the reasons why he was given the award, FYI, because the panel has never seen a nation which had fallen from grace so remarkably, and was suffering from the worst and most severe drop along with some of the lowest approval ratings in history, during Bush's regime, experieince a new leder on it's horizon, who so successfully turned all that disapporval into cheers, all over the world.

Amazing! How a true leader can impact the globe with so much good will and approval, in such a short amount of time.

Bravo President Obama! For your extraordinary strides on behalf of our country.

pooltchr
10-10-2009, 07:45 PM
The Nobel prize has become nothing more than another leftist political tool. Jimmy Carter, AlGore, Obama, anyone who opposed Bush.
The latest one just shows that there is no substance to the selection. Nominations for the award closed 2 weeks after Obama took office. At that time, he had accomplished virtually nothing more than running a well organized campaign, setting the record for voting "present" in his short stint in the Senate, and making a name for himself as a "community organizer".
Even now, he hasn't accomplished anything more than to show that he can spend money even faster than the hated GW.
People around the world are laughing and shaking their heads in disbelief at his selection.
It's more politics, pure and simple.
Steve

wolfdancer
10-10-2009, 07:53 PM
any links to support your latest ass-ertion.
(a positive statement or declaration, often without support or reason)

Sev
10-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Neville Chamberlain was a true leader that the world cheered as well.

Beware history repeating itself.

wolfdancer
10-10-2009, 08:01 PM
just add the Nobel Prize to the list that the right( that's the fringe right ...here) doesn't approve of, along with the Olympics, etc.

Sev
10-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Its not Obama's fault he received a prize he has yet to earn. It is the mindlessness of others that caused it.

wolfdancer
10-10-2009, 08:34 PM
obviously you fault the selection process committee, blaming them probably for overlooking your man, Ann Coulter.
Might be a bunch of liberals on that committee....we might have to throw a stick of dynamite under their butt to wake them up

Sev
10-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Actually there was a gentleman that died recently that should have gotten it. I can not remember his name at the moment. However he was responsible for developing a hybrid form of grain and introducing into arid regions of the world. It is estimated that his contribution to humanity was to save the lives of over half a billion people. He spent the rest of life in these countries.

So you tell me. Which is the greater achievement?? Obama who has done nothing quantifiable.
Or a man who's ingeniousness in creating drought resistant crops saved the lives of half a billion people???

wolfdancer
10-10-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm not qualified to answer that, oh sage one......but,... if you will pardon me for having an opinion that differs from yours, I don't see the connection between your grain story, a great scientific achievement, and the Peace Award?
I didn't vote for President Obama to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize....perhaps you should take your complaints to the panel that did. Evidently, they just aren't as politically astute as you are, and were unduly swayed by Barack nominating himself, as is further claimed here.

pooltchr
10-11-2009, 07:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any links to support your latest ass-ertion.
(a positive statement or declaration, often without support or reason) </div></div>

Providing a link for you is like providing a library card to someone who is illiterate....useless and a total waste.

Steve

Gayle in MD
10-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Why would the act of bringing the world together in hope and commitment to work together to solve the world's problems, and overturning the the feeling of distrust and hatred that grew under Bush, in just a year, deserve the Nobel Prize?

France: from 11% approval to 88% approval

Germany: from 12% approval to 92% appproval

Italy: from 27% approval to 91% approval

Spain: from 11% approval to 85% approval

UK: from 17% approval to 82% approval

Now since the right is so admiring of hatred, hateful feelings, and hate mongering, is there any wonder why they don't get the great value of what our President has accomplished, and how valuable it is to our country?

Add to that that they are unable to decipher anything beyond what their Fox Noise blowhards lie about every evening, and it is perfectly understandable why they cannot grasp the statements and goals of the man who was the founder of the Nobel Peace Prize in the first place.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Man, that fox flu is some nasty stuff!

pooltchr
10-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Anyone who spent the last 8 years spewing their hatred of all things conservative and all things Republican, doesn't have a lot of room to talk.

Steve

hondo
10-11-2009, 09:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congratulations to our President who will be awarded the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize in December.

Gayle in Md. </div></div>

Max Carlle on AZ who I suspect is either Lotter or Jayalley
thinks Bush should have won.
He had the sideswipers drooling with glee when he posted that.

Gayle in MD
10-11-2009, 11:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congratulations to our President who will be awarded the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize in December.

Gayle in Md. </div></div>

Max Carlle on AZ who I suspect is either Lotter or Jayalley
thinks Bush should have won.
He had the sideswipers drooling with glee when he posted that. </div></div>
<span style="color: #000066">
LMAO! Good one! Bush unsettles the entire Middle East, mismanages two wars, ignoring the important one in Afghaanistan, where we could have samshed al Qaeda, WITH IRAN'S help, also the Taliban, completely overlooks real threats for fake ones, in Iraq, that he creates for his oil cronies, while all the real threats, N.Korea, Iran, China, Russia, Hammas, Hezbollah, Taliban, al Q., all grow more dangerous and become stronger, for eight years, and then he heads back to Texas to write his book of fantasies about his legacy, and the nutty right want's him to get the Nobel Peace Prize!!! </span>
<span style="color: #000066"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>BWA HA HA HA....</span>Now that's some really funny stuff. Probably was one of the two you mentioned, ingorance on parade!</span>

cushioncrawler
10-11-2009, 03:27 PM
It wouldnt be a surprize if Dubbya were nominated. Wiki sez.....
madMac.
"...In 2009, a record 205 nominations were received.[7] The statutes of the Nobel Foundation do not allow information about nominations, considerations or investigations relating to awarding the prize to be made public for at least 50 years after a prize has been awarded.[8] Over time many individuals have become known as "Nobel Peace Prize Nominees", but this designation has no official standing.[9] Nominations from 1901 to 1955, however, have been released in a database.[10] When the past nominations were released it was discovered that Adolf Hitler was nominated in 1939 by Erik Brandt, a member of the Swedish Parliament. Brandt retracted the nomination after a few days.[11] Other infamous nominees included Joseph Stalin and Benito Mussolini. However, since nomination requires only support from one qualified person, all nominations do not necessarily represent the opinion of the Nobel committee itself.[12]

Unlike the other Nobel Prizes, which recognize completed scientific or literary accomplishment, the Nobel Peace Prize may be awarded to persons or organizations that are in the process of resolving a conflict or creating peace......."

pooltchr
10-11-2009, 03:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> the Nobel Peace Prize may be awarded to persons or organizations that are in the process of resolving a conflict or creating peace......." </div></div>

AlGore???????????

Steve

wolfdancer
10-11-2009, 04:37 PM
You are trying to compare apples and oranges...

wolfdancer
10-12-2009, 12:10 AM
you're just "sour grapes" because your man, GWB never won.
Kidding aside ...it's a great honor for the President, and reflects well on our country. Sorry that all you learned scholars
here disagree with the nominating and awards committee, but then that's probably why none of you were on the committee in the first place. The Westminister Kennel club, awards are coming up soon, and with your track record of voting for "dogs"....who knows /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

sack316
10-12-2009, 12:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Westminister Kennel club, awards are coming up soon, and with your track record of voting for "dogs"....who knows /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
</div></div>

I think Deeman will take offense to you saying he voted for Pelosi /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

pooltchr
10-12-2009, 07:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you're just "sour grapes" because your man, GWB never won.
Kidding aside ...it's a great honor for the President, and reflects well on our country. Sorry that all you learned scholars
here disagree with the nominating and awards committee, but then that's probably why none of you were on the committee in the first place. The Westminister Kennel club, awards are coming up soon, and with your track record of voting for "dogs"....who knows /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
</div></div>

You have to forgive us "righties" We can't all be "intellectuals" like some.
However, given the choice between being an "intellectual" or having common sense, I know which one I prefer.

Steve

hondo
10-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Hmmm. Define "common sense"?

I notice so many on the New Right keep trashing intellect
anymore.

Professors are idiots, especially those from Ivy League schools,
and yet they were so proud of W being shoved through Yale.

Teachers are idiots, especially public school teachers.

Stammering, shallow, vacuous individuals like Bush and
Palin are called a breath of fresh air.

Countries such as England where intellect is highly valued are called elitist snobs.

The dumbing down of America continues.

pooltchr
10-12-2009, 09:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm. Define "common sense"?

</div></div>

Well for starters, how about understanding that when you don't have any money, spending a trillion with the hopes of generating economic recovery doesn't work.

Steve

wolfdancer
10-12-2009, 03:32 PM
the more I think about it, the more idiotic, petty, banal, etc...their opposition to President Obama being honored with this prestigious award,that also reflects well, on our country, is.
You can bet that had Bush won the Nobel Prize for economics, they would be celebrating en masse ....well one could say that bush was an idiot re economics, but he managed to increase his own personal fortune during his admin, as did Jeb.

"My fellow Americans, many of you are wondering why we invaded Iraq today.

In 1972, I deserted the Texas Air National Guard 18 months before my service time was done. So now the Pentagon can ruin me at any time by simply releasing my Vietnam era file showing I deserve a Court Martial. So now, I have to do whatever they tell me. (1)

Look at the bright side, America. My father's corporation, The Carlyle Group, is a bunch of cold war spooks in the business of buying down & out military contractors who mysteriously land big money Pentagon contracts after being acquired by Carlyle.(2) So at least I will personally profit from this unprovoked, unnecessary, expensive invasion. That is why it is important to get rid of the Death Tax. So that I can inherit Dad's war profiteer boodle.

But this is not the only benefit this war has to my family. Under Ronald Reagan, the United States secretly gave military assistance to Iraq even though we had fore-knowledge(3) that our ally Saddam Hussain would use Chemical Weapons, which he did. During my father's administration, we continued to arm, fund, and advise our ally Saddam Hussein, right up until the Kuwait invasion. So it is important that we drop many bombs on whatever buildings or bunkers contain documents that incriminate my father.

Some of you may ask, what good is it to destroy Iraqi records that incriminate President Reagan and my father, when US Government records are available in our free society, that prove the same thing?

Friends, I have already taken care of that. My Executive Order #13233 halted the orderly release of Presidential Papers to historians after the usual 12 years. Instead, my father's records will now be sealed from public scrutiny, forever. As will my records, twelve years from now.(4)

As you can see America, there are perfectly simple, clear reason why I have invaded Iraq despite massive public criticism from both Republicans and Democrats everywhere. Now please take a step back so that I can tee off and try out this keen new driver.

Fore!"

Gayle in MD
10-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Excellent post, Hondo.

I might add, the three trillion dollar deficit from Bush's War Of choice, his trumped up war in Iraq, along with his failure to oversee the economy sufficiently, put our country into that circumstance which all economists know, requires government intervention.

No one with any common sense could accuse Obama and the Democratics of overspending, when it was clearly necessary in order to avoid Bush's depression.

Anyone with any common sense, who had any command of history, could understand the need for our government to step in to handle the emergency financial, economic situation which grew under Buh's regime, and six years of Republican spending, while cutting taxes, waging war, and borrowing to pay for all of it, out of choice.

Just as anyone with any common sense would understand the value to our country, having watched our president, travel around the world to visit countries which had lost all respect for America, under the Bush regime, met with cheering crowds of hundreds of thousands of people of numerous nations. He was the inspiration to the masses. Their trust in America was clearly restored, due to Pesident Obama's words and vision and commitment toward diplomatic solutions for the benefit of all mankind.
Excerpt from the mission statement of the founder of the Nobel Peace Prize:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses. </div></div>
http://nobelprize.org/alfred_nobel/will/short_testamente.html
G.

pooltchr
10-12-2009, 06:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Excerpt from the mission statement of the founder of the Nobel Peace Prize:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses. </div></div>
http://nobelprize.org/alfred_nobel/will/short_testamente.html
G.

</div></div>

And just what specifically had Obama done during his limited time in the senate and his first two weeks in the white house? That was, after all, when the nominations had to have been submitted?

Obama got the prize for one simple reason...he is not Bush! The same reason you so staunchly support him.
You, and others like you, have allowed your overwhelming hatred of Bush to blind you to the facts. Obama is not the savior. He is just another hack Chicago Democrat politician with ties to criminals, and indebted to the big money that put him in the office in the first place.

Steve

hondo
10-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks, Gayle. Also a fine post.

hondo
10-12-2009, 08:51 PM
It's funny.

Your crew argued for 8 years that the rest of the world did not hate Bush.

Now your crew says Obama won cause the rest of the world hated Bush.

Which is it?

If you guys could only take an objective look at the nonsense you post sometimes.

wolfdancer
10-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Hey, I'm not Bush either...shouldn't I have at least been nominated, as well as the Prez?
We're so blinded by the hatred of Bush, that we didn't see how unfair it was for the Nobel Awards committee, (of which there are no Americans) to award the prize to Obama????

pooltchr
10-13-2009, 07:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, I'm not Bush either...shouldn't I have at least been nominated, as well as the Prez?

</div></div>

Take heart, Wolfie. If Obama can win it, there's hope for you too!

Steve

Gayle in MD
10-13-2009, 07:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, I'm not Bush either...shouldn't I have at least been nominated, as well as the Prez?
We're so blinded by the hatred of Bush, that we didn't see how unfair it was for the Nobel Awards committee, (of which there are no Americans) to award the prize to Obama????

</div></div>
<span style="color: #000066">
And from someone who calims to have the Southern Bubba Franchise on "Common sense"

Ha ha ha...what a joke!</span>

wolfdancer
10-14-2009, 01:59 AM
Gayle, while a few here mock both the selection and the Prize itself.....a member of the Nobel jury has spoken out and defended the selection:
NPP (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_nobel_peace_obama;_ylt=AtNMKx3Tt9A4k.nZI3dYPutH 2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTJuYmZnb3IzBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkxMDE0 L2V1X25vYmVsX3BlYWNlX29iYW1hBGNwb3MDNQRwb3MDNQRzZW MDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA25vYmVsanVyeXNwZQ--)

Gayle in MD
10-14-2009, 10:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, while a few here mock both the selection and the Prize itself.....a member of the Nobel jury has spoken out and defended the selection:
NPP (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_nobel_peace_obama;_ylt=AtNMKx3Tt9A4k.nZI3dYPutH 2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTJuYmZnb3IzBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkxMDE0 L2V1X25vYmVsX3BlYWNlX29iYW1hBGNwb3MDNQRwb3MDNQRzZW MDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA25vYmVsanVyeXNwZQ--)
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Thanks, and when I first read that, I thought Obama fit the standard to a T.

We would be expecting miracles to think that these die hard elephant ego, RW nuts on here could bring themselves to admit it, but who cares?

BTW, that guy on SNL who immitates Joy Behar, is a riot! Everytime I say, "Who cares" I think about him. I enjoy her, also. She has a new show of her own.

G.

Have you seen him? </span>

LWW
10-14-2009, 10:48 AM
I hate to report that the Nobel committee has been found to be racist.

Dearest leader did not win the Nobel for economics, and he was at least as qualified for that as he was for the peace prize being that he has done nothing but make things worse ... with good intent of course.

LWW

cushioncrawler
10-14-2009, 04:14 PM
ElDubb -- There aint no Nobel Prize for krappynomix. That prize iz awarded and payd for by others -- which i point out every year.
madMac.

wolfdancer
10-15-2009, 05:29 PM
I suppose that if I needed the attention, I could have begun a new thread on this matter, but....
Interesting comments in the New Yorker, re: President Obama being awarded the Nobel Prize, and his rather noble speech, in accepting it.....
I gathered from that that he is both humbled and honored about being awarded the Prize, and realizes that it is not for what he has already done, but for what he is trying to accomplish.
Was it just an anti-Bush award????.....I think that might have entered into the equation
XXX (http://www.newyorker.com/talk/comment/2009/10/19/091019taco_talk_hertzberg)

Gayle in MD
10-16-2009, 08:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It wouldnt be a surprize if Dubbya were nominated. Wiki sez.....
madMac.
"...In 2009, a record 205 nominations were received.[7] The statutes of the Nobel Foundation do not allow information about nominations, considerations or investigations relating to awarding the prize to be made public for at least 50 years after a prize has been awarded.[8] Over time many individuals have become known as "Nobel Peace Prize Nominees", but this designation has no official standing.[9] Nominations from 1901 to 1955, however, have been released in a database.[10] When the past nominations were released it was discovered that Adolf Hitler was nominated in 1939 by Erik Brandt, a member of the Swedish Parliament. Brandt retracted the nomination after a few days.[11] Other infamous nominees included Joseph Stalin and Benito Mussolini. However, since nomination requires only support from one qualified person, all nominations do not necessarily represent the opinion of the Nobel committee itself.[12]

Unlike the other Nobel Prizes, which recognize completed scientific or literary accomplishment, the Nobel Peace Prize may be awarded to persons or organizations that are in the process of resolving a conflict or creating peace......." </div></div>

Thanks.

Obama's inspiring speeches had a great impact on unifying the world.

He has no doubt unified global interests, the first step in getting all Nations to work with our country to end our shared nuclear threat, along with other critical issues which will take a unified effort, such as Climate Change, a dangerous phenomenon which has been acknowledged by the vast majority of Scientists around the world, and hence, al Gore's award.

I'd say the gold standard on this debate is the mission statement by Mr. Nobel, himself, and which president Obama's inspiring speeches, and the results, surely represent.

Gayle

Gayle in MD
10-16-2009, 08:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suppose that if I needed the attention, I could have begun a new thread on this matter, but....
Interesting comments in the New Yorker, re: President Obama being awarded the Nobel Prize, and his rather noble speech, in accepting it.....
I gathered from that that he is both humbled and honored about being awarded the Prize, and realizes that it is not for what he has already done, but for what he is trying to accomplish.
Was it just an anti-Bush award????.....I think that might have entered into the equation
XXX (http://www.newyorker.com/talk/comment/2009/10/19/091019taco_talk_hertzberg) </div></div>

It surely had to enter into the equasion because one of the reasons why our current president recieved the award, was because no one in history has ever turned such a very low point, after Bush, into such huge universal approval, in such a very short amount of time.

And hence, the "Two weeks in office" arguement, doesn't fly, at all, which, if one considered the time frame when the recipient of the prize is under weigh by the panel, one would realize that the achievements of President Obama were a result of his ability to unify nations, during and after his campaign, along with his mission statements having such a positive impact on the possibilities which his humanitarian words did inspire, and their impact on future diplomatic possibilities.

Obviously, that was before he was sworn in.

Regardless, it is a great honor, for our president, and for our country.

All patriotic Americans should be very proud.

Gayle

pooltchr
10-16-2009, 08:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Obama's inspiring speeches had a great impact on unifying the world.

Gayle </div></div>

And yet, his actions have seemingly created an even deeper divide within our own country.
So it would seem that Obama is living up to his "citizen of the world" comment, and at the same time, leads out country down the path of self destruction.

Steve