PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Women Denounce Repubs-SEXISM-Storm Kyl's

Gayle in MD
10-09-2009, 10:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Arizona Women Storm Kyl's Senate Office Denounce GOP As SEXIST! </span>

PHOENIX -- Dozens of local mothers descended on the office of Republican Senator Jon Kyl of Arizona Wednesday to denounce what they say are sexist attitudes held by Kyl and the Republican Party in general. The demonstration was organized by Phoenix area mothers in response to Kyl's recent quip during a Senate committee meeting that he doesn't "need maternity care."

The protest was organized by local mothers, but a few fathers and children also attended. They carried signs saying, "Maternity Care Is Not a Joke" and "Women Are Your Constituents Too."

The protest comes at the same time Democrats across the country are denouncing Republican leaders for holding what they see as outdated views of women.

Chris Christie, Republican gubernatorial candidate from New Jersey, has come under fire for a remark he made that critics say equates preschool to babysitting. In Virginia, gubernatorial candidate Bob McDonnell is drawing fire for his college thesis, written in 1989 when McDonnell was 34 years old, in which he seems to call working women detrimental to families.

On Tuesday, 30 Republican senators voted against an amendment put forth by Senator Al Franken (D-Minn.), that would have barred companies that discourage female employees from filing sexual harassment suits from securing government contracts. This coincided with a press release issued by the National Republican Congressional Committee saying Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi should be "put in her place."

A Democratic Party spokesperson said today, "These are not isolated incidents. This is a view and an attitude that the Republican Party has toward women," adding, "Kyl is the second highest ranking Republican in the Senate.

Representative Kyrsten Sinema, Democrat of Arizona, said at the Phoenix protest, "This is just outrageous. When Senator Kyl scoffs at the importance of maternity care, it begs the question, who does he represent?"

"Women all over Arizona are paying for health insurance policies that do not include maternity care," she said. "Senator Kyl and Republicans seem to be against everything these days, including something as basic as medical care after a woman gives birth."

Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.) said, "I think they have an outdated view, sometimes an extreme view, and a lack of understanding of what women's lives are like today."

The Democratic National Committee also launched Facebook ads on Wednesday drawing attention to the sexist views expressed in McDonnell's college thesis. The ads now appear wherever McDonnell's name appears on Facebook, and they link to a webpage that details what the DNC calls the "far right wing views on women and families" espoused in his thesis and votes for his dismissal as a public official.

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dawn-teo/arizona-mothers-storm-kyl_b_313458.html</div></div>

pooltchr
10-09-2009, 10:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Arizona Women Storm Kyl's Senate Office Denounce GOP As SEXIST! </span>

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dawn-teo/arizona-mothers-storm-kyl_b_313458.html</div></div> </div></div>

My first thought when I saw this banner was that it sounds like these Dem women were getting a little rowdy...actually storming someone's office.

Doesn't seem to match up with the actual article.

Then I saw the source, and understood that I had just wasted 2 minutes reading it.
Steve

Gayle in MD
10-09-2009, 01:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dawn-teo/arizona-mothers-storm-kyl_b_313458.html</div></div> </div></div>

My first thought when I saw this banner was that it sounds like these Dem women were getting a little rowdy...actually storming someone's office.

Doesn't seem to match up with the actual article.

Then I saw the source, and understood that I had just wasted 2 minutes reading it.
Steve </div></div>

Good, the article, and for that matter, the author, are both above your head, you wouldn't have gotten any of it, but then I've asked you many times to stay away from me, and my posts,.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Dawn Teo Get Dawn Teo's RSS Feed Become a Fan Get Email Alerts from this Blogger Born and raised in the hills of Tennessee, Dawn has lived in several states and currently resides in Arizona. Providing reliable political coverage, Teo is HuffPost's Eyes&Ears Arizona Politics Correspondent. A former lifelong Republican, Dawn spent fifteen years in corporate communications and operations management before pursuing work in public advocacy.

In 2004, as Public Relations Director of the USWA Rescue American Jobs campaign, Dawn led a tour across electoral battleground states during the 2004 election season to increase awareness of economic justice issues. Dawn holds degrees in Psychology and Political Science, and she is currently pursuing graduate studies in Statistics and Religious Studies. Follow Dawn on Twitter or Facebook or email Dawn at dawnmteo (at) gmail [dot] com

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dawn-teo </div></div>

pooltchr
10-09-2009, 01:18 PM
You have also told me numerous times that I am on total ignore...but you still read my posts.

Steve

Chopstick
10-09-2009, 01:30 PM
The democrat scumbags forfeited the right to use the word sexist for all time after what they did to Sarah Palin.

"The Democratic National Committee also launched Facebook ads on Wednesday drawing attention to the sexist views expressed in McDonnell's college thesis."

<span style="color: #000099">Really. So, where's Michelle Obama's college thesis? We all want to have a look at that.</span>

Deeman3
10-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Why don't these women just stay home and have babies? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif JK

Gayle in MD
10-09-2009, 01:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have also told me numerous times that I am on total ignore...but you still read my posts.

Steve </div></div>

The ONLY time I read your posts is when you have written something that one of my friends here, thinks I should be alerted to, believe me, you are of no interest to me.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

pooltchr
10-09-2009, 02:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have also told me numerous times that I am on total ignore...but you still read my posts.

Steve </div></div>

The ONLY time I read your posts is when you have written something that one of my firends here thinks I should be alerted to, believe me, you are of no interest to me.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

As we say in the South...that dog won't hunt!

But you are always good for a laugh.
Steve

Gayle in MD
10-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Even Peggy Noonan and the gal at the Wash.post. cute gal from the right, can't think of her name right now, but the conservative journalists were the first ones to talk about Palin's lack of knowledge, and unpolished political prowess.

As for the democratics, I'd say they said what most of the country was saying at the time. Palin wasn't qualified.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

According to stories out this week, a number of Republicans have turned Palin down, don't want her campaigning for them Whatsup with that?

Let's fact it, the woman was a joke, not because of sexism, but because she was dumb.

G.

Sev
10-09-2009, 03:02 PM
So is another woman that we are all familiar with.

Gayle in MD
10-11-2009, 06:05 PM
You don't say. I thought all the bobbleheads on AZB were men.

wolfdancer
10-11-2009, 07:46 PM
barefoot in the winter, and pregnant in the summer....

Deeman3
10-12-2009, 12:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">barefoot in the winter, and pregnant in the summer.... </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Watch it Jack or you'll be thrown in with me, the Chief Womanhater of the CCB! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

You know, if you really think about it, most of the posters on here as well as AZ are men, Gayle and Sid excepted. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif They probably are the smarter of the classes as they certainly find better things to do than argue with us. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

Gayle in MD
10-12-2009, 06:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">barefoot in the winter, and pregnant in the summer.... </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Watch it Jack or you'll be thrown in with me, the Chief Womanhater of the CCB! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

You know, if you really think about it, most of the posters on here as well as AZ are men, Gayle and Sid excepted. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif They probably are the smarter of the classes as they certainly find better things to do than argue with us. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span> </div></div>

Lots of people claim to be joking when they lash out with some nasty statement about someone, and you seem one of those, Deeman.

People who do that are known as passive aggressive, in the world of psychology.

FYI, Martin has the courage to say what he thinks, without hiding behind fake calims of, "Oh, I was just kidding.." ;)Martin, is a straight up kind of guy. What you see is what you get. No petty little games being played at someone else's expense.

G.

pooltchr
10-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Uh oh, DeeMan. You have been outed. Dr. Gayle (PhD in Psychology I am assuming) has now tagged you as a passive agressive.

Economist, Psychologist, General, Judge, Lawyer....how can you argue with someone who is an expert on every possible subject?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Steve

Deeman3
10-13-2009, 07:32 AM
I thought I was just agressive, no passive part to it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Martin (Sid) is one of the funniest guys I know and we both pass back and forth on joking with each other. I don't really think il of him and he knows it. She may be trying to move him into the victim arena, I am not sure.

I guess, if we all just played by her rules, everything would be o.k. I thought that was the proposed nature of her new superblog, to keep only council that agrees with her every word. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I feel my comments are reasonable and are not loaded with personal attacks on anyone on this forum. I do say some pretty bad stuff about people, in the public, I don't like who may be public officials and such. I do sometimes hold my comments as I did not rail against the Gay, Lesbian and Petaphyile march on Sunday, for instance. So, I am showing more restraint lately. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
10-13-2009, 08:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought I was just agressive, no passive part to it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Martin (Sid) is one of the funniest guys I know and we both pass back and forth on joking with each other. I don't really think il of him and he knows it. She may be trying to move him into the victim arena, I am not sure.

<span style="color: #000066">Seems to me you are the one who throws the victim label at Martin all the time. </span>

I guess, if we all just played by her rules, everything would be o.k. I thought that was the proposed nature of her new superblog, to keep only council that agrees with her every word. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<span style="color: #000066">Expressing my opinion is not the same thing as expecting people to play by my rules, but I can see how certain kinds of men would experience it that way. </span>
I feel my comments are reasonable and are not loaded with personal attacks on anyone on this forum. I do say some pretty bad stuff about people, in the public, I don't like who may be public officials and such. I do sometimes hold my comments as I did not rail against the Gay, Lesbian and Petaphyile march on Sunday, for instance. So, I am showing more restraint lately. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Insults wrapped in claims of fraternity and humor?

Nice try.

I'll let Martin speak for himself. As one of his close friends, I find your statements about him increasingly offensive, nasty and uncalled for, and hence, my own opinion of the things you write about him, and to him, come from my own feelings, as his friend.

I notice he doesn't respond to your nasty attacks against him.

G.</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif