PDA

View Full Version : This is great! Sell The Vatican Feed The World!

Gayle in MD
10-11-2009, 07:54 AM
http://current.com/items/91148504_sarah-silverman-sell-the-vatican-feed-the-world-video.htm

cushioncrawler
10-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Gayle -- I didnt look at the video. Religion iz all about priests looking after priests.
But i am not in favor of feeding the world -- there are too many people allready.
The vatican haz probly done more than most to reduce the population explosion, ie by encouraging aids. Every cloud haz a silver lineing i guess.
madMac.

wolfdancer
10-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Gayle, it's not a new idea....Morris West wrote "Shoes of The Fisherman" in which a similar idea was proposed.
In the movie, (1968?) the most unlikely of stars, Anthony Quinn, played the Pope. (picture Dick Cheney starring in the "Barack Obama Story)

Gayle in MD
10-11-2009, 05:55 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
10-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Gayle, they have already taken a first mortgage out on the Vatican to pay off some of the lawsuits resulting from our Priest's interpretation of "laying on of the hands".
We been trying to sell off them St. Christopher medals for some years now, and maybe with another price cut, we can raise some $$$
St. Christopher is depicted as carrying the Christ child across the water, and was considered the patron St. of travelers. The Church decided years ago that may not have been a true story, however, and they stripped him of his sainthood.
There was an old joke about a guy that hung his St. Christopher medal on a chain over his rear view mirror....and in a head on collision, the medal got driven into his brain, killing him instantly.....
They decided that St Anthony did not drive the snakes out of Ireland as legend had it, and he ain't a Saint anymore either.....but what Irishman ever was? That didn't stop my people from celebrating St. Paddy's day as the biggest, and holiest day of the years....also a great day for Corned Beef & Cabbage, washed down with some beer dyed green for the occasion

eg8r
10-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Sarah Silverman is HOT!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif LOL, waterslide for the Pope.

eg8r

eg8r
10-12-2009, 07:46 AM
mac, throw all your twisted religion ideas out the window, and watch the video. It is Sarah Silverman, do you honestly think there is anything religious about it?

eg8r

sack316
10-12-2009, 10:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mac, throw all your twisted religion ideas out the window, and watch the video. It is Sarah Silverman, do you honestly think there is anything religious about it?

eg8r </div></div>

I beg to differ, Silverman knows a ton about religion. She did date God on her short lived comedy central program after all /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Deeman3
10-12-2009, 12:07 PM
I did like the piece, particularly the Crazy Pu**y part. I think it may be a fair exchange. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Of c ourse, I am not Catholic.