PDA

View Full Version : sardo tight racks

bluewolf
08-13-2002, 03:52 AM
When I looked for nine ball racks, they were all too loose. so we ended up buying a good tight 8 ball rack.

i have heard about the sardo on the tv tourneys but it sure is expensive.i was wondering if any of you use this and think it is worth the money or if there is a cheaper alternative that works well too.

bluewolf

Doctor_D
08-13-2002, 05:22 AM
Good morning:

I would NOT purchase a Sardo - period!

Dr. D.

Jay M
08-13-2002, 07:01 AM
Do a search for sardo on these boards, they have been discussed at length.

Jay M

Kato
08-13-2002, 07:37 AM
Bluewolf, I prefer a good triangle myself, I do not like the 9 ball diamonds. I don't think they rack well. Also, you may wish to practice 8-ball or straight pool. Now you have a multi-purpose rack.

Kato~~~also uses triangle rack because 9-ball rack does not fit over bulbous head

Troy
08-13-2002, 08:47 AM
Stay as far away from the SARDINE GIZMO as you can get !!! Use of the GIZMO will have you "training" the cloth, meaning you put DIVOTS in the cloth for the balls. After this "training", you can throw away the expensive plastic GIZMO because the balls will simply FALL into the DIVOTS.

A good quality wood triangle is really all you need to achieve a tight rack.

Troy...~~~ Has used the SARDINE GIZMO and can't stand them..... /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Mike H
08-13-2002, 12:24 PM
I'd check out DannyVeghs.com for a good triangle....the ones I've seen of his are VERY sturdy and true.

Rod
08-13-2002, 12:45 PM
Quote BW, i have heard about the sardo on the tv tourneys but it sure is expensive.i was wondering if any of you use this and think it is worth the money or if there is a cheaper alternative that works well too.

Surely you jest! Just kidding or not. Yes there are some very well made triangle racks. I have one that is very solid, and I use to know who made it.lol Get a good wooden rack and don't forget, worn out balls don't rack well.

bluewolf
08-13-2002, 12:58 PM
Thanks for everone's info. I did look for a decent (diamond) rack for 9 ball but they were all too 'loose'. i got a nice triangular one which I have been using. Just wondered if there was a good nine ball rack out there, sardo or otherwise.

bluewolf

bluewolf
08-14-2002, 07:35 AM
I guess i also wanted to know if there are any tight 9 ball racks.i looked at champion billiards and they were all loose, so ended up buying a good, tight triangular rack.

but i really would like to have a good nine ball rack if such a thing exist. also my balls are new and good balls so nothing is wrong with the balls.

bluewolf

griffith_d
08-14-2002, 11:49 AM
They seem kinda spendy, when you can do it the old fashioned way,...

Griff