PDA

View Full Version : Pro Book On DVD Opinions

Sid_Vicious
10-12-2009, 07:42 AM
First, where is the cheapest on-line seller for this item, and next, how does it rank with the text book? tia sid

Soflasnapper
10-14-2009, 03:57 PM
I buy from BeBop Publishing, but I haven't price shopped other sites that carry pool material recently.

Not sure of all the content on the dvd, but one thing is that the various 'reference' drills will be demonstrated. That's better than the printed page with the dotted/dashed lines showing what will happen from the beginning setup.

Chopstick
10-14-2009, 10:32 PM
I have the DVD. With my setup it is great. My table is in the living room with the TV. Spiderman would rather have the book to take to the poolhall. If I did not have a table at home, I would get the book.

Sid_Vicious
10-15-2009, 04:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the DVD. With my setup it is great. My table is in the living room with the TV. Spiderman would rather have the book to take to the poolhall. If I did not have a table at home, I would get the book. </div></div>

I do have the table in the TV room in front of the 72' Toshiba, bought the book many moons ago and read maybe a chapter. Thanks. Maybe I'll find a local or two who'd like to "share" in the upfront cost ;-) If not, I can afford it anyway. sid

Chopstick
10-16-2009, 12:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the DVD. With my setup it is great. My table is in the living room with the TV. Spiderman would rather have the book to take to the poolhall. If I did not have a table at home, I would get the book. </div></div>

I do have the table in the TV room in front of the 72' Toshiba, bought the book many moons ago and read maybe a chapter. Thanks. Maybe I'll find a local or two who'd like to "share" in the upfront cost ;-) If not, I can afford it anyway. sid </div></div>

I did really well with it working it that way. It is divided up into shots. You set yourself a work assignment of so many shots per day. Pause the DVD and work the shot. Then go to the next shot. You will see a dramatic improvement in your play.

You have have shots that you select like picking them out of a catalog. Also when you practice the shots name them. Say the name in your head when you do them. When you get in a game you will go, Ok I need a 1A short here and it will be there. You won't even think about it.

It has to do with NLP. Physical memory is still memory. Store it under an index and you can recall it the same way. You will shoot the shot exactly the same way you trained yourself to at home.

wolfdancer
10-16-2009, 03:49 PM
72" Toshiba.....what time should I show up for the Superbowl Game, that's if I can't make the world Series Games?
I remember way back when, my Grandmother had the biggest TV, of all the relatives....a 19". I shined shoes on Fri. nites, but would hurry down to her house, for our favorite show....wrestling..She was really into it.

wolfdancer
10-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Damn, I had purchased these, and forgotten that i had them.....now I can't find them......along with my cell phone, car keys, wallet
AND now thanks to your post...I've got to search for these....
&*^%$#@!!

Sid_Vicious
10-20-2009, 07:28 AM
I got mine yesterday, and you are right, I did find pausing the screen and working a shot very effective. I've had the pro book for years, but never have been one who can get interested in reading, visualizing, going to the table, yada yada yada, onto the next shot. First off, setting up the CB and OBs balls on the the table from the TV is far easier for my brain. Seeing the shot work, then pausing and executing it myself, is really slick. Thanks for the hint at working a few shots a day. I was wondering just how I would begin to remember 16 numbers all in one day, plus their cue tip placement and resultant goals. I shot a few this morning already without setting them up, or with the DVD going, I just recognized the lay of the balls at times and played for center position, even running. I'm not saying I hit the line the first time on all, but I rolled center by the second attempt, 1st mostly, but long. Practice is going to be a lot more fun with these things.

One problem I'm having is with the kick shot section. He says where HIS stroke and table speed has him hitting rail position, and it's the same for me(not speed, I'm slower!) when I emulate his execution and aim point. Problem for me is that without the precise advice of where to contact the rail, I'm guessing and continue to miss my kicks like I most always do. Maybe it just takes a lot of work and practice, and yes I know there's a diamond system, etc. I just get confused easily with all the math and such. I suppose they are merely meant to be reference shots and not a school on kicking. Oh well, the DVDs are nice! sid