PDA

View Full Version : Gore Vidal call The Moron incompetent...duh!

llotter
10-12-2009, 09:27 AM
The only question is if we have to have to wait till 2012 to get rid of him? Gosh, GV calls him our first 'intellectual' president in many years but still unable to deal with reality...typical.

wolfdancer
10-12-2009, 02:30 PM
try 2016.....Genesis 41:54
"8 years of famine, then 8 years of plenty" I took a little poetic license with the original 7 yr time frame.
Gore Vidal ???? He should stick to writing trash like "Myra", and "Visit", and skip the political commentary. He proved what a jerk he was by disparaging our great President JFK.,abusing the trust of his half-ass relationship to our "Eva Peron", Jackie O.
Vidal, Fidel,you're not well, citing him as any authority.

llotter
10-12-2009, 02:45 PM
I referenced him because he is an icon of many Left and pointed out the contradiction between being an 'intellectual' and their typical inability to deal with reality. You are certainly correct that his audience is quite limited but he is still influential.

Gayle in MD
10-12-2009, 07:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I referenced him because he is an icon of many Left and pointed out the contradiction between being an 'intellectual' and their typical inability to deal with reality. You are certainly correct that his audience is quite limited but he is still influential. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Larry in VA...James Kopp, A real Hero and martyr. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pointed out the contradiction between being an 'intellectual' and their typical inability to deal with reality. </div></div>

wolfdancer
10-13-2009, 12:16 AM
can you believe anybody would make a post out of Gore Vidal calling President Obama names? Like gore Vidal is some well respected political commentator, whom we should all listen to and take his word as Gospel.
Now I admit that the Buckley/Vidal debates were lively and interesting, but only for the respective parties command of the English language.
When I let Buckley, Vidal, do my thinking for me...I might as well also let Steve, lww, llotter, Ed, and now Kerbouchard explain politics, and current events to me, or bypass that posse and go right to the source...Glenn and Dollar Bill....

hondo
10-14-2009, 08:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I referenced him because he is an icon of many Left and pointed out the contradiction between being an 'intellectual' and their typical inability to deal with reality. You are certainly correct that his audience is quite limited but he is still influential. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Larry in VA...James Kopp, A real Hero and martyr. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pointed out the contradiction between being an 'intellectual' and their typical inability to deal with reality. </div></div> </div></div>

Gayle, I found it interesting that when Lotter came on AZbilliards, even the Rabid Right on there chastised
him for calling Obama a moron.

Gives me a little hope in my fellow man that Lotter
is just a fringe whacko.

Gayle in MD
10-14-2009, 09:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I referenced him because he is an icon of many Left and pointed out the contradiction between being an 'intellectual' and their typical inability to deal with reality. You are certainly correct that his audience is quite limited but he is still influential. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pointed out the contradiction between being an 'intellectual' and their typical inability to deal with reality. </div></div> </div></div>

Gayle, I found it interesting that when Lotter came on AZbilliards, even the Rabid Right on there chastised
him for calling Obama a moron.

Gives me a little hope in my fellow man that Lotter
is just a fringe whacko. </div></div>

No kidding? Interesting.

G.