PDA

View Full Version : On Hope and Change, and Proud obama Voters.

Gayle in MD
10-13-2009, 10:00 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/12/AR2009101202392.html

cushioncrawler
10-13-2009, 07:34 PM
We all congratulate the usofa -- i still karnt beleev that u did it -- not koz of the usofa system (systems arent important) -- but it iz hard to beleev koz of the lousy usofa people -- i guess that there must be more good people in the usofa than i thort.

But i wouldnt say (in that article) that Obama woz the "anti'Bush" -- i dont like the term anti.
The anti'Anyone woz originally the deputy'Anyone -- but the modern usage seems to be that anti means against or opposit.
But old original writings are still with us -- and unfortunately the modern reader gets the opposit idea of the original intention -- eg, if an emporer woz called an anti'Christ then what that meant woz that the writer thort (probly sarcastically) that the emporer thort that the emporer woz az good etc az Christ.
Even the Oxford Dictionary misses this important point.
madMac.

wolfdancer
10-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Obama is the anti-Bush, as Bush was the anti-Christ....
now what's this about the lousy American people....you guys would be speaking Japanese, if'n it weren't fer us lousy Americans.

Gayle in MD
10-13-2009, 09:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We all congratulate the usofa -- i still karnt beleev that u did it -- not koz of the usofa system (systems arent important) -- but it iz hard to beleev koz of the lousy usofa people -- i guess that there must be more good people in the usofa than i thort.

But i wouldnt say (in that article) that Obama woz the "anti'Bush" -- i dont like the term anti.
The anti'Anyone woz originally the deputy'Anyone -- but the modern usage seems to be that anti means against or opposit.
But old original writings are still with us -- and unfortunately the modern reader gets the opposit idea of the original intention -- eg, if an emporer woz called an anti'Christ then what that meant woz that the writer thort (probly sarcastically) that the emporer thort that the emporer woz az good etc az Christ.
madMac. </div></div>

Transfomational leaders often come after an extended example of criminal activity by Republicans.

I do believe that most peoplem in any country, are really good people, underneath it all, but no nation can survive when only the wealthiest have a bright future, and all the rest are going down a hole, and that is exactly where Republicans always lead this country.

When that happens, Americans tend to go back to the civic minded needs to protect the common good, and hence, take the country forward again, regardless of the hard work that must be done in order to do so.

G.

Gayle in MD
10-13-2009, 09:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We all congratulate the usofa --

<span style="color: #000066">Thank you friend. Many of us are very proud. </span>

i still karnt beleev that u did it -- not koz of the usofa system (systems arent important) -- but it iz hard to beleev koz of the lousy usofa people -- i guess that there must be more good people in the usofa than i thort.

<span style="color: #000066">I always believe that all countries have more good people than bad ones, it's just that sometimes we have to witness the worst of the worst running the show for a whle, before we realize how far we've gone away from our dearest values. that is usually when a transformational figure, like Obama, emerges. </span>

<span style="color: #000066">Obama is Obama. The time was right and his vision was a welcomed contrast from what we had endured before him. </span>

madMac. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">I think that what makes our country great is that there are never ending opposing viewpoints, which, when we are lucky, lead us back to some middle ground, for a whle, atleast. </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif