PDA

View Full Version : Great Video On Liz Cheney and Co-neocon Kristol

Gayle in MD
10-14-2009, 01:27 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-tv/huffposts-editor-roy-seko_b_319757.html

This guy nailed it for sure!

Interesting that Kristol never got a damn thing right, nothing, and he still manages to keep his puss front and center.

Cheney's daughter who had a pretend job, now has a pretend future.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
10-14-2009, 02:20 PM
"pretend future" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

llotter
10-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Mr. Ed and his faithful jockey and both worthless human beings who should be put out to pasture as their 15 minutes of fame expire.

Liz Cheney is a good and patriotic American and is making a positive contribution the our country. She could easily be elected to the either the legislative or executive branch but good people are not easily convinced to run these days. Washington is just too corrupt.

Sid_Vicious
10-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Alright, now I feel like I am in hell! Cheney's DAUGHTER was in charge of ANY of the war efforts AT ALL!, much less several? I think we need a debate from her and Chelsea, that'd be a hoot. This loony tune past presidency never ceases to amaze me even still. OH I forgot, Bill Clinton got a BJ and ruined all of America. You all right wing nuts will be what finishes this country, no doubts, for becoming dumbos and BL's easily played pawns. You have absolutely no patriotism or even the simplest passion for helping when help is needed. What a mess, only an Obama can craftily figure some answers out here. I sincerely wish he'd investigate Bush and crew and hang the b@stard. sid

Gayle in MD
10-14-2009, 07:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mr. Ed and his faithful jockey and both worthless human beings who should be put out to pasture as their 15 minutes of fame expire.

Liz Cheney is a good and patriotic American and is making a positive contribution the our country. She could easily be elected to the either the legislative or executive branch but good people are not easily convinced to run these days. Washington is just too corrupt. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Washington too currupt for the cheney's? !!! BWA HA HA HA!

OMG! Thank you! I swear, I haven't laughed that heard for a long time!

Thanks!
</span> </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
10-15-2009, 12:15 AM
I'd give you one of my patented sharp retorts, that would cut you to the bone, but I have decided that to respond in kind to your childish slurs is beneath me, I have some high standards that I try to adhere to....and as they say... when one gets down and rolls in sh*t with the pigs, you can't help but get a little on you. therefore, I merely will add that you are entitled to your reality, as I am entitled to mine, and hope that your reality doesn't come crashing down on you.
The great Gautama Buddha, in describing conventions whether linguistic, social, political, moral, ethical, or even religious as arising dependent on specific conditions. According to his paradigm, when conventions are considered absolute realities, they contribute to dogmatism, which in turn leads to conflict. This does not mean that conventions should be absolutely ignored as unreal and therefore useless. Instead, according to Buddhist thought, a wise person adopts a middle way without holding conventions to be ultimate or ignoring them when they are fruitful.
I also note that you are using the copyrighted methods of lww, in trying to become numero uno here....be loud,be rude, especially be obnoxious.
Go in peace !!!

wolfdancer
10-15-2009, 12:28 AM
You quoted an article from the very well respected Huffington Post, and Sid apparently gleaned something that he had not previously been aware of from the site. I merely let it be known that I enjoyed Sid's rather amusing reply...only to later learn that we had both been debased, by someone from the "other side"
while some of us here are constantly trying to raise the quality of our debates, it's uncouth commentary like that, that is lowering the board to the level of AZBingo
I do understand that the need to be noticed, by some, causes them to write things that polite people would never put to paper.
By the way, this Kristol guy...is his last name Meth?

Gayle in MD
10-15-2009, 09:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is his last name Meth </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif That's twice in one thread, that I'm cracking up!

Well, he may well have been on something his whole life, he has never been right about a damn thing! I once called into C-Span's morning, call in show, Washington Journal(?)...when he was the guest, and asked them why they had Kristol on there to talk about Iraq, when he hadn't been right about a single Iraq prediction.

Man, his face turned blood red, and he totally lost it! I really wish you could have seen it, and heard his nonsensical response. It was really choice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">only to later learn that we had both been debased, by someone from the "other side"
</div></div>
Yeah, well, we can fix that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

wolfdancer
10-15-2009, 12:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why they had Kristol on there to talk about Iraq, when he hadn't been right about a single Iraq prediction. </div></div>
Good one !!!!

wolfdancer
10-15-2009, 12:51 PM
I take it then, that this corruption began shortly after the Democrats criminally stole back Congress and the WH from the
Simon Pure Republicans. All one has to do is to look at Dick Cheney...that's a face of pure evil. Would anybody go quail hunting with this man? And then there was this Haliburton thing

Gayle in MD
10-16-2009, 10:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I take it then, that this corruption began shortly after the Democrats criminally stole back Congress and the WH from the
Simon Pure Republicans. All one has to do is to look at Dick Cheney...that's a face of pure evil. Would anybody go quail hunting with this man? And then there was this Haliburton thing </div></div>

You know, I have this long list somewhere around here, of all the indictments from the former administration, and the Congress, you know the one, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif and it is very Loooooooooong.

G.

By the time you add all the rest of them, you know, the ones where all the evidence was either burned, or wiped off the hard drives, or refused due to "Executive privilidge" or "National Security" it was record breaking abuse of power, and corruption.

Just Imagine, if we had a huge corporation on the scene, right now, where Biden had worked for over a decade,(or Obama) and had just gotten a multi megabucks golden parachute, and they were given a no bid contract in Afghanistan, for mutli billions!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
10-16-2009, 12:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alright, now I feel like I am in hell! Cheney's DAUGHTER was in charge of ANY of the war efforts AT ALL!, much less several? I think we need a debate from her and Chelsea, that'd be a hoot. This loony tune past presidency never ceases to amaze me even still. OH I forgot, Bill Clinton got a BJ and ruined all of America. You all right wing nuts will be what finishes this country, no doubts, for becoming dumbos and BL's easily played pawns. You have absolutely no patriotism or even the simplest passion for helping when help is needed. What a mess, only an Obama can craftily figure some answers out here. I sincerely wish he'd investigate Bush and crew and hang the b@stard. sid </div></div>

Check this one out, Sid....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bachmann repeats Beck's lie and expands on it:

Bachmann: Well, it's stunning, Glenn. Just as you said, the Community Reinvestment Act is a creation of the federal government forcing private banks to make home mortgages to people who are very poor credit risks. No banks wants to do that. So the federal government in effect threatens banks and says, we're going to close down your interstate bank or we won't let you expand unless you make these bad loans to people or make loans that are unlikely to be repaid. Well, why would a bank want to do that?

Bachmann is outraged, outraged we tell you, that banks have been able to partner with ACORN in making loans to minority families (ACORN plays the role of guarantor, which actually means the loans aren't high-risk). But as Mary Kane at the Windy notes, the entire objection rests entirely on the grounds that ACORN is supposedly a proven evil and corrupt organization -- which has hardly, in fact, been proven. Unless by "evil" you mean "highly effective at getting minority voters to the polls." Which is clearly the case for Bachmann and the Turnip.

Moreover, the claim that the CRA caused the subprime meltdown is pure right-wing garbage. As FDIC chairman Sheila Bair explained:

Point of fact: Only about one-in-four higher-priced first mortgage loans were made by CRA-covered banks during the hey-day years of subprime mortgage lending (2004-2006). The rest were made by private independent mortgage companies and large bank affiliates not covered by CRA rules.

You've heard the line of attack: The government told banks they had to make loans to people who were bad credit risks, and who could not afford to repay, just to prove that they were making loans to low- and moderate-income people.

Let me ask you: where in the CRA does it say: make loans to people who can't afford to repay? No-where! And the fact is, the lending practices that are causing problems today were driven by a desire for market share and revenue growth ... pure and simple.

And as Aaron Pressman at BusinessWeek pointed out, the independent mortgage companies who were the chief offenders in the subprime meltdown were in fact never subject to the CRA.

University of Michigan law professor Michael Barr testified back in February before the House Committee on Financial Services that 50% of subprime loans were made by mortgage service companies not subject comprehensive federal supervision and another 30% were made by affiliates of banks or thrifts which are not subject to routine supervision or examinations.

Well, facts and reality have never made much of an impression on the Planet Wingnuttia domiciles of Bachmann and Beck. But isn't it funny how they focus so much energy on attacking programs that benefit minorities? Hmmmmmm.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Between Liz cheney, who actually stated recently that waterboarding couldn't be torture because our troops are trained in it, and these other nutto's, Bachman, Beck, and the rest, is it any wonder that Liz Cheney actually thinks that peop[le are going to respond positively to her?

Doesn't she know that we ALL know what her father lied about by now, or that his approval ratings AND Kristol's credibililty, are in the tank!

Wishful thinking. </span>