PDA

View Full Version : How about them Yankees!!!

eg8r
10-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Well, I hope I am not jinxing them but it is looking good in game 3 right now.

eg8r

LWW
10-19-2009, 07:00 PM
How about now?

LWW

sack316
10-19-2009, 09:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope I am not jinxing them...</div></div>

"oops" comes to mind. Sorry buddy

Sack

Bambu
10-20-2009, 10:50 AM
No worries, CC is pitching game 4.

eg8r
10-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Yeah. Maybe they need to not steal anymore. The would have won if Gardner is not picked off. Oh well, I guess we can play two more. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
10-21-2009, 07:52 PM
their slogan:
"better living through chemistry"
I've hated them since Jake Ruppert stole the Babe from the Red Sox.

eg8r
10-22-2009, 07:39 AM
More victim mentality for wolfie. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~~hopes the Yankees close it out tonight

sack316
10-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Phils shut the door emphatically last night. Glad to see that, though it would have been fun to see Torre vs. the yanks.

the new Yankee Stadium and Citizens Bank Park were the two most prolific home run parks this season. As such, if the series winds up as it seems it will, I predict a bunch of low scoring pitching duels as the power aspect of the game will be driven home by broadcasters... and we know they always jinx whatever it is they are pushing about a game /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

eg8r
10-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Man, I cannot wait for the WS to start. Game 1 boasts Cleveland's finest. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
11-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Man, if the Yankees could just figure out Cliff Lee tonight. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Might be grounds for skipping the early morning workout.

Come on Jeter, ARoid, Tex, Burnett, Rivera, etc, FINISH IT TONIGHT PLEASE!!!

eg8r

wolfdancer
11-02-2009, 01:27 PM
yeah Ed, like your new leader of the pack says....we are all your victims.
What a pathetic pos you must be, to have to use some harmless commentary about the WS, to do your usual....insult people that you feel you can safely insult because of their age, gender, or haelth. Well write this down, fat boy( you might have lost a few lbs now, but it's jes temporary...yer body wants to be fat, to match your head. Write this down....I ain't your f***en victim.
It's kind of sad when two grown men...yerself and the twit need to try to assert their alleged superior masculinity, by using the internet to, as I wrote above, target and "safely" insult others.....tells me you ain't got the huevos to do that in person, at say the nearest bar, or pool room... but then, as we all know...you ain't really looking for a fight....just trying to find people that you believe you can scare.....you ought to take yer bigoted butt over to AZBunghole, where you can join the local rat pack, and feel even safer...strength in numbers....I believe they are still crying over there about Gayle fighting back unfairly, with facts, against their "flat earth" beliefs....you'll fit "right" in...pun intended. I can't go over there because of my religious beliefs....I recognize Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and my Savior....over there lww is God like, as they worship and adore him, offering him gold, Frankincense and myrrh.
I believe one uses the gold to buy the other two, which they then dry, roll, and smoke....the high is amazing...makes one believe that everybody is their victim....
But back to the ******* Yankees....
I'd only have to read about 6 of your posts, and then if I was asked which baseball team do you think he roots for....I'd correctly guess, the effen Yankees....

eg8r
11-02-2009, 02:38 PM
LOL, I had a smiley face on there butthead.

eg8r

eg8r
11-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Well, I guess they will have to beat up on the ex-Red Sox again. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif At least Cliff did not have another 10 strikeout, 0 walk, complete game again.

eg8r &lt;~~~sure would have liked the series to end last night

LWW
11-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Chase Utley is my hero.

LWW

eg8r
11-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Oh yeah, World Champions (really just US champs) again. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Number 27 is in the books and I hear there might be more room to spend a little more money in the offseason. Anyone think number 28 is close?

eg8r

wolfdancer
11-05-2009, 04:58 PM
*&^%$#@***&# Damn Yankees....
What the Phillies needed was a Joe Hardy, and a willingness to trade one's soul to beat then *&^%$#@***&# Damn Yankees....
"Joe Hardy (or "Shoeless Joe From Hannibal Mo."), the man who sells his soul to become the best long hitter there is, and help his favorite team, the Washington Senators, win the pennant and beating the "damn Yankees."
Wait'll next year when my Red Sox send them back to the Bronx where they belong

sack316
11-06-2009, 02:34 AM
yeah, they did pretty good.

I've been thinking all year that they'll probably just let Matsui go, but after game 6 they may get some backlash if they do. But I still figure they won't renew Giambi or Matsui and use that money to bring in another big name that's a little younger.

Sack

eg8r
11-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Renew Giambi? He left last year. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I agree I think they will let Matsui go, keep Damon as the DH and go after Jason Bay. Bay would be an awesome pickup for two reasons, 1) He is still young (well, kind of), 2) Steal another great player from the Red Sox. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Qtec
11-06-2009, 08:34 AM
The problem with American sports like Baseball and Football is the ad's. Its just getting exiting and they pause for another W.Mart commercial. It drives me crazy.

Wasn't it a Japanese player who stole the show? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Q

eg8r
11-06-2009, 08:35 AM
LOL, your Red Sox need to pony up some more money if they want to keep Bay. He is not impressed with the $60 million offer. Also, Beckett needs to figure out what happened late in the year. He looked like a softball pitcher out there.

The Yanks/Red Sox series this year sort of sucked. The beginning of the year the Red Sox swept a lackluster Yankees team missing ARoid, and then the Yankees whipped up on a lackluster Red Sox team missing any drive whatsoever. Hopefully next year it will be back to nailbiters with the Yankees coming out on top.

eg8r

sack316
11-06-2009, 11:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Renew Giambi? He left last year. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I agree I think they will let Matsui go, keep Damon as the DH and go after Jason Bay. Bay would be an awesome pickup for two reasons, 1) He is still young (well, kind of), 2) Steal another great player from the Red Sox. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

LOL, oops, shows how sharp my mind was after this long week with very little sleep! No clue why I said Giambi, meant to say Damon!

Yeah, Bay would be an incredible pickup. I also think Adam Dunn would go to a contender if given the chance. He's got one more year on contract with the Nats, but I'm sure some kind of deal could be struck. And if ya wanted, I could talk to Cubs into just givin y'all Milton Bradley /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

wolfdancer
11-06-2009, 04:56 PM
I've been to major league games in Milwaukee, Chicago, and Atlanta, but nothing compared with the many Games I attended at Fenway.And it ain't just Boston the lives and dies with the Sox.It's all of N.E. when I was in the Navy, stationed at Portsmouth Naval base, which is in Kittery Maine???, and would go to Hampton Beach, they had the game on loudspeakers...and if the Sox did anything, the swimmers, sunbathers would erupt, They always looked good in a 6 game World Series, unfortunately they always had to play game 7....
.and they usually came up short against the Yankees, or they would have made it to the dance a few more times