PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this video?

llotter
10-20-2009, 06:52 AM
I post it here because of my great respect for your opinions from both the Left and the Right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMe5dOgbu40

Qtec
10-20-2009, 08:26 AM
LOL.

" There is no global warming" says Lord Nutcase!

link (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/10/091019162929.htm)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While environmental changes at the lake over the past millennia have been shown to be tightly linked with natural causes of climate change -- like periodic, well-understood wobbles in Earth's orbit -- <span style='font-size: 14pt'>changes seen in the sediment cores since about 1950 indicate expected climate cooling is being overridden by human activity like greenhouse gas emissions. The research team reconstructed past climate and environmental changes at the lake on Baffin Island using indicators that included algae, fossil insects and geochemistry preserved in sediment cores that extend back 200,000 years.

"The past few decades have been unique in the past 200,000 years in terms of the changes we see in the biology and chemistry recorded in the cores," said lead study author Yarrow Axford of CU-Boulder's Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research. "We see clear evidence for warming in one of the most remote places on Earth at a time when the Arctic should be cooling because of natural processes."</span>

The study was published Oct. 19 in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The study included researchers from CU-Boulder, the State University of New York's University at Buffalo, the University of Alberta, the University of Massachusetts and Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario.

The sediment cores were extracted from the bottom of a roughly 100-acre, 30-foot-deep lake near the village of Clyde River on the east coast of Baffin Island, which is several hundred miles west of Greenland. The lake sediment cores go back in time 80,000 years beyond the oldest reliable ice cores from Greenland and capture the environmental conditions of two previous ice ages and three interglacial periods. </div></div>

Question answered I think.
Q

Qtec
10-20-2009, 08:33 AM
Then again it could be a huge LW conspiracy [ chuckle] involving 100,000s of scientists from every country on the planet!!!! LOL

According to WND ,the Lefties are melting the glaciers, all around the world , by using Saddams 'WMD death ray' that they found in Iraq.

Q..........LMAO

llotter
10-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Gosh, I would sure like a job like these folks. I wonder who pays for their research and I wonder if that influences who is doing the research and what are their conclusions. It really doesn't take a 'conspiracy' to cause a large group of people to believe the same thing. I'm fairly sure that they didn't conspire about warming theory just like the didn't conspire about cooling theory thirty years ago. The scientific community isn't the only one that is gullible but they do seem to fall for every quake theory that comes down the pike until it can be disproved.

Never-the-less, the question is not so much whether there is some warming going on, though I have heard that it has been cooling for the last few years, but if man is causing it and if he can stop causing still more. Of course, some think that being warmer is a good thing.

I was really asking, however, about the treaty that is about to be signed will equal standing alongside other treaties with our Constitution as basic/fundamental law. It looks like we could be giving away our sovereignty to a bunch of poorer countries that will drain us of what little wealth we have left.