PDA

View Full Version : Majority Want The Publilc Option and Approve Obama

Gayle in MD
10-20-2009, 08:02 AM
The latest Washington Post poll reveals that 57% of Americans approve of a public, government run, health care option.

Also, 57% approve of President Obama, a very high rate considering we're still trying to reverse Bush's "deepest recession since the thirties".

Looks like the Birthers, Tea-partyers, Deathers, and the outrageous Republikooks, who pushed those insane lies, haven't made a dent!

GOOD! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Sev
10-20-2009, 08:11 AM
Really??

I just saw yesterday that only 42% want it.
Obama is at 50%

pooltchr
10-20-2009, 08:43 AM
You must be wrong. The only reliable poll numbers come from HuffPo!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

Qtec
10-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Its crazy.
" Hands up who doesn't want better HC or just any HC? ".........and all the idiots led by the nose by the HC Insurers dis-info campaign say " No." Those on Medicare shout " We don't ned no stinkin Govt HC!"

Its amazing, and a real clear picture of who are in control in the USA. It sure ISN'T the majority!!!!!!!!!!!

Q

Deeman3
10-20-2009, 09:13 AM
It would, of course, seem that if the polls she quotes are accurate, the Democrats who are against government Health care takeover would vote for the public option en mass and there will not longer be an issue. There is no way even the blue dog Democrats would ever go against the polls in a vote as there would be absolutely no reason to fear their vote will get them voted out of office, right?

The focus now is, of course, not on health care or the war in Afghanistan but on Obama's take on Fox news and if the balloon boy's Dad will get his reality show. The country has apparently moved on to more important issues. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sev
10-20-2009, 02:10 PM
You have to remember the do gooders are pave the path way to hell with good intentions.

pooltchr
10-20-2009, 03:20 PM
And while our attention is diverted by the HC battle, and the war questions, they will very quietly try to slip crap and trade through on us!

Steve

LWW
10-21-2009, 12:08 AM
The poll Gayle cites, linked below, is the only one I have seen which reaches this conclusion. It also contradicts itself in numerous places and admits that to achieve it's results it over sampled democrat voters by 39% to 27% (1.44:1 ratio.) and it's "MODERATE" section leaned D at a 1.44:1 (Odd that this ratio would be the exact same EXACT margin.) ratio over those who leaned R. It seems quite apparent that they decided what ratios needed to be used to achieve the desired result and then sought out those who would fit that mold.

The fact that it feels the need to be so deceptive about it's methodology speaks volumes as to the trustworthiness of the poll.

IMHO it is a true national shame that the once proud democratic party ... the party Of JFK, RFK, the original Triple H, Scoop Jackson, and Harry Truman ... has devolved into a group of nattering nabobs of negativism who can only survive by careful dispensation of lies.

OTOH ... Rasmussen, shown repeatedly to be far more accurate than the ABC-WP or Gallup polls, conducted a true nationwide poll and found results that were not only a near mirror opposite of what Gayle cites but also that not only is the plan not supported but it's support is falling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now that the Senate Finance Committee has passed its version of health care reform, 42% of voters nationwide favor the health care reform plan proposed by President Obama and congressional Democrats. That’s down two points from a week ago and down four from the week before.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 54% are opposed to the plan.</div></div>

In closing ... there was a reason Gayle didn't link to the poll ... she didn't want anyone to review the treachery used to arrive at the preordained conclusion.

OH DEAR! (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/september_2009/health_care_reform)

OH MY! (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/19/AR2009101902451_2.html?sid=ST2009101902502)

THE FIX WAS IN. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/polls/postpoll_101909.html?sid=ST2009101902502)

LWW &lt;--- Forum truth detector.

eg8r
10-21-2009, 09:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Majority Want The Publilc Option and Approve Obama </div></div>LOL, gayle is in lala land. Lets bring her back to reality on this love/hate affair with Obama...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rasmussen who is much smarter and honest than gayle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 27% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty percent (40%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -13.</div></div> Here is the link (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rasmussen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Support for the health care plan proposed by the President and Congressional Democrats is down to 42%. Fifty-four percent (54%) are opposed. </div></div>

eg8r

Kerbouchard
10-21-2009, 10:14 AM
Thanks for posting that eg8r, I was about to go dig that up myself. You would have to be incredibly naive to believe that the American public either wants the public option or overwhelmingly support Obama.

A -13 approval rating is horrendous for a 'popular president'.

Any case, I would like to ask one very simple question regarding the public option and the government take over of private insurance.

When, in the last 200 years, has the government EVER made anything more efficient?

Gayle in MD
10-21-2009, 10:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its crazy.
" Hands up who doesn't want better HC or just any HC? ".........and all the idiots led by the nose by the HC Insurers dis-info campaign say " No." Those on Medicare shout " We don't ned no stinkin Govt HC!"

Its amazing, and a real clear picture of who are in control in the USA. It sure ISN'T the majority!!!!!!!!!!!

It sure isn't!

http://www.gallup.com/poll/123782/In-U.S.-39-Say-View-Healthcare-Depends-Details.aspx

Once one factors in that Republicans, represent only 20%, I think it is clear that most want a publilc option, and also, most favor raising taxes on the wealthy.

While many are concerned about what will be in the final bill, the trends clearly show that Americans do want health care reform. And most do want a public option, as long as it does not negatively impact Medicare.

G.

Q </div></div>

pooltchr
10-21-2009, 11:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Once one factors in that Republicans, represent only 20%, I think it is clear that most want a publilc option, and also, most favor raising taxes on the wealthy.

G.

</div></div>

So I guess you didn't like the chart that showed that only 25% will support it, while 33% will oppose it.

Steve

Deeman3
10-21-2009, 12:19 PM
In a more recent poll, 98% of Illegal aliens support free health care, 100% of Al Queda want the U.S. out of Afghansitan and nearly 78% of professional football players who have shot themsleves in the body, have been indicted for homocide, rape or ran illegal dog fighting opetations support Obama's every move.

Why can't you guys get on board? MSNBC did!

Gayle in MD
10-21-2009, 06:29 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/10/20/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5401123.shtml

62%, approve Gov., public option, according to an early October CBS Poll.

Sid_Vicious
10-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Hi Gayle. Keep up the good work, but you surely know you have no chance of growing an IQ into these people don't you!? As far as the public option, it's purely sad and inhumane for "the haves" to resist at any plan to limit their golden spoon plan in any way, when it caused financial failure and death to less fortunate. They aren't Christian Gayle. They are greedy and uncaring. Being like Christ certainly has no resemblance to these guys actions, NONE! They will surely answer to their "Big Guy" at the thrown for these un-passionate ways. Funny thing though about Christianity...they think they can ask for forgiveness at the end times and get a ticket in. I'm thinking there'll be a lot more room in Heaven with those surprised souls "toasting like a marshmallow", saying "I repented in the last hours, where's my Heaven Lord?"...Sid~~~where's Carlin when you need him, Hell I guess, or simply just dead

wolfdancer
10-21-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm a little slow....and didn't get the Carlin reference...instead, I was thinking, you were referring to "Sydney Carlton"..."Tale of Two Cities" How I came up with that is beyond me.....I think my brain is low on alcohol...so it's now time to fill 'er up!!!
G'nite all...goodnight Mrs Kalabash, wherever you are!!
Sid, don't get me started on the brand of Christianity that is espoused here.....most of the ten commandments, and other teachings have been "restructured", reworked, a bit....like <s>charity</s> "we don't need no stinken charity" to fit in with their version.

sack316
10-21-2009, 08:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/10/20/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5401123.shtml

62%, approve Gov., public option, according to an early October CBS Poll.

</div></div>

Polls are fun. Here we have one referred to in another thread that shows how public support has increased from 52% to 57% (IIRC), and then this one that shows it has decreased from 72% to 62%. Others can point to polls with different wordings of the questions, and show that a majority do not support it. We can look up polls that show that 1/3 of medical professionals will retire or get out of their practice were this to pass. We can all find a poll to suit whatever belief we would like to have. In the end, it's meaningless.

I say we just throw it on a ballot in 2010, in whatever form the bill shakes out as this year, and let the people truly decide. If the people want it that bad, they will approve it. If they don't, they won't.

Sack

Kerbouchard
10-21-2009, 09:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Majority Want The Publilc Option and Approve Obama </div></div>LOL, gayle is in lala land. Lets bring her back to reality on this love/hate affair with Obama...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rasmussen who is much smarter and honest than gayle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 27% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty percent (40%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -13.</div></div> Here is the link (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rasmussen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Support for the health care plan proposed by the President and Congressional Democrats is down to 42%. Fifty-four percent (54%) are opposed. </div></div>

eg8r</div></div>

There really is no point in further debating this subject with the loony left. Rasmussen conclusively debunks not only the title of this thread, but everything put forth in defense of it.

America does not support a Public Option. They do not support Obama. The health care reform we want starts with tort reform and getting the government out of health care. We don't like the prices we pay any more than you do. We just don't think the government can make it more efficient, and so far, they have a proven track record of creating inefficiencies driving costs up.

They keep talking about this 180 billion in medicare waste, fraud, and abuse, and that health care reform will help to save that money. If we know there is waste, fraud and abuse in the current system, why can't we stop that before we expand the program to cover all Americans? Show me legislation leading to the prosecution of these doctors, patients and insurance companies that are stealing 180 billion dollars from us and you will get bi-partisan support.

LWW
10-22-2009, 06:12 AM
Shhhhhhh ... you know that reality riles them up.

LWW

Gayle in MD
10-22-2009, 06:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Gayle. Keep up the good work, but you surely know you have no chance of growing an IQ into these people don't you!? As far as the public option, it's purely sad and inhumane for "the haves" to resist at any plan to limit their golden spoon plan in any way, when it caused financial failure and death to less fortunate. They aren't Christian Gayle. They are greedy and uncaring. Being like Christ certainly has no resemblance to these guys actions, NONE! They will surely answer to their "Big Guy" at the thrown for these un-passionate ways. Funny thing though about Christianity...they think they can ask for forgiveness at the end times and get a ticket in. I'm thinking there'll be a lot more room in Heaven with those surprised souls "toasting like a marshmallow", saying "I repented in the last hours, where's my Heaven Lord?"...Sid~~~where's Carlin when you need him, Hell I guess, or simply just dead </div></div>

Yep! I think the "Born Again" term has taken on a whole new meaning since W. used it to stay in the W.H., after his cronies threw out the votes, all so his cronies could steal even more than they were stealing all along.

But as we see, skewing is what the right does best, and it's been that way for decades. RR ended the cold war? BWA HA HA HA!

That's got to be one of the most ridiculous RW myths, ever. But just tune into the morning idiots on MSNBC, and you'll hear both Joe the nose, and his panel of pretend liberals, touting Reagan's
failures as though they were successes.

Forget the poll averages, and just trust Rasmeussen? HA HA HA! Too funny. But then, we should never expect brilliance from those who voted twice for W.

That should be on every college entrance exam, lol.

1. Did you vote twice for W? Oh you did? C-ya!

2. Were you ever "Born Again"? Oh yeah? C-ya!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
10-22-2009, 07:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Were you ever "Born Again"? Oh yeah? C-ya!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

“I found myself drawn — not just to work with the church but to be in the church, it was through this service that I was brought to Christ.”
-Barack Hussein Obama-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As president, Barack Obama has mentioned Jesus Christ in a number of high-profile public speeches — something his predecessor George W. Bush rarely did in such settings, even though Bush’s Christian faith was at the core of his political identity.</div></div>

OH DEAR! Reality rears it's head yet again. (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0609/23510.html)

LWW

eg8r
10-22-2009, 07:48 AM
If you recall, they could not even run their own cafeteria.

eg8r

Qtec
10-22-2009, 08:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you recall, they could not even run their own cafeteria.

eg8r </div></div>

Geez, does a bot write your posts? LMAO You are one of these idiots who thinks if you say something often enough it becomes true......LOL..

OMG.............if you recall.........the protectors of the Nation, [ your hero's] you know.....the tough anti-terrorist party, that butch bunch of girlymen /wimps that call themselves the Rep Party whose IDOL [ dear old looney Pres Ronnie] SUPPLIED ARMS TO IRAN.... THE ARCH ENEMY and said " F--k the USCON ' and went behind the back of Congress to SUPPLY arms to another TERRORIST ORG that was killing 1,000s of innocent civilians......do the Contra's ring a bell?

....and you would trust THEM to run a Cafeteria?

Q

Gayle in MD
10-22-2009, 08:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you recall, they could not even run their own cafeteria.

eg8r </div></div>

Geez, does a bot write your posts? LMAO You are one of these idiots who thinks if you say something often enough it becomes true......LOL..

OMG.............if you recall.........the protectors of the Nation, [ your hero's] you know.....the tough anti-terrorist party, that butch bunch of girlymen /wimps that call themselves the Rep Party whose IDOL [ dear old looney Pres Ronnie] SUPPLIED ARMS TO IRAN.... THE ARCH ENEMY and said " F--k the USCON ' and went behind the back of Congress to SUPPLY arms to another TERRORIST ORG that was killing 1,000s of innocent civilians......do the Contra's ring a bell?

Q </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even among Republicans, only 40 percent express confidence in the GOP congressional leadership to make good choices.
</div></div>

LWW
10-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Are you denying they couldn't run a cafeteria properly?

LWW

Kerbouchard
10-22-2009, 10:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you recall, they could not even run their own cafeteria.

eg8r </div></div>

Q </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even among Republicans, only 40 percent express confidence in the GOP congressional leadership to make good choices.
</div></div></div></div>

Gayle, I don't think you will find any argument with that quote. As a matter of fact, I am surprised to see that 40% of Republicans have faith in any of our congressional leadership. I think they are all idiots and need to be thrown out.

LWW
10-22-2009, 11:07 AM
I wouldn't go as far as "ALL" ... but I would agree with a solid 90%.

LWW

eg8r
10-22-2009, 02:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geez, does a bot write your posts? LMAO You are one of these idiots who thinks if you say something often enough it becomes true......LOL..</div></div>You would be the only idiot here that would disagree.

eg8r