PDA

View Full Version : Republican Party Losing Members

Gayle in MD
10-20-2009, 09:10 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/19/AR2009101902451_2.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Poll respondents are evenly divided when asked whether they have confidence in Obama to make the right decisions for the country's future, but just 19 percent express confidence in the Republicans in Congress to do so. Even among Republicans, only 40 percent express confidence in the GOP congressional leadership to make good choices.

Only 20 percent of adults identify themselves as Republicans, little changed in recent months, but still the lowest single number in Post-ABC polls since 1983. Political independents continue to make up the largest group, at 42 percent of respondents; 33 percent call themselves Democrats.

The wide gap in partisan leanings and the lack of confidence in the GOP carries into early assessments of the November 2010 midterm elections: Fifty-one percent say they would back the Democratic candidate in their congressional district if the elections were held now, while 39 percent would vote for the Republican. Independents split 45 percent for the Democrat, 41 percent for the Republican.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Among independent voters, who went heavily for Obama in 2008 and congressional Democrats in 2006, the numbers for Republicans on the confidence questions were even more worse. Just 17 percent of independents expressed confidence in Republicans' ability to make the right decision while 83 percent said they did not have that confidence.

(While Obama's numbers on the confidence question weren't amazing -- 49 percent confident/50 percent not confident -- they were far stronger than those for Republicans.)

On the generic ballot question, 51 percent of the sample said they would cast a vote for a Democratic candidate in their congressional district next fall while just 39 percent said they would opt for a GOP candidate. (As late as this summer, Republicans had seemingly narrowed the wide generic ballot lead Democrats enjoyed for much of the last two election cycles.)

And, perhaps most troubling for GOP hopes is the fact that just 20 percent of the Post sample identified themselves as Republicans, the lowest that number has been in Post polling since 1983. (No, that is not a typo.)

</div></div>

LWW
10-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Which conveniently overlooks the harsg reality that in nationwide polling the people are turning against the democrooks with a vengeance,

Not only have they dropped from a 10 point lead to a 5 point deficit ... they are losing the independent vote nearly 2 to 1 by a ratio of 40 to 23.

Start preparing sweetheart ... judgement day approaches.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that 42% would vote for their districtís Republicancongressional candidate while 37% would opt for his or her Democratic opponent.

Support for Democrats dropped two points this week, while support for the GOP slightly increased.

Voters not affiliated with either party heavily favor the GOP, 40% to 23%.
(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

Beginning in late June, support for Republican candidates has ranged from 41% to 44%, while support for Democrats ranged from 36% to 40%. Looking back one year ago, support for the two parties was much different. Throughout the summer of 2008, support for Democratic congressional candidates ranged from 45% to 48%. Republican support ranged from 34% to 37%.</div></div>
<span style='font-size: 26pt'>BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA .... (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/generic_congressional_ballot)</span>

LWW

sack316
10-20-2009, 02:39 PM
methinks a third party will be gaining prominence within the next decade or two.

Sack

Sev
10-20-2009, 02:51 PM
3rd party may. However they are killing a couple of races at the moment. NJ and VA. A couple of independent conservatives are running and drawing double digits from the republican candidates.
If this is a trend it will be the means by which the dems maintain control of both houses. It will not because the majority wants them. It will be because the conservatives are sending a message to the republicans.

sack316
10-20-2009, 03:07 PM
that's what the last election cycle was anyway. It's not like THAT many people suddenly bought into the democratic philosophies as much as they were rejecting republicans. Republicans are indeed losing members, but it's not as if democrats are gaining the same proportion either.

Sack

wolfdancer
10-20-2009, 03:40 PM
you can color it anyway you want, but it does seem that some Republicans are leaving the party....and that's the real news...
they have become disillusioned, for now, with the party.
Whether, or not, they are flocking to the Democratic party, is secondary to that story.....imo

Sev
10-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Not really. It shows that Dem philosophy is not gaining ground.

wolfdancer
10-20-2009, 03:58 PM
are you dense?
If someone writes that their wife has left them, you would tell him it's ok as long as she isn't moving in with his best friend?
So, it's of little importance then that people are leaving the party, since they aren't leaving, according to you, to join the opposition?
See, I have this weird idea, that the more members that they lose, the less votes they can be assured of.
But typical RW doublethink.....I'll have to check out AZBrokenpromises to get "the final answer"

Sev
10-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Not at all. Perhaps you should take time to read.

The Dems are not gaining numbers.

The independents and conservatives are.

The republicans are loosing numbers.

A third party trend will cause the democrats to hold power. Not because the Dems have the majority vote but rather that a large fraction of the country is realigning.

There is a large differance between political party becoming dominent because they are gaining members and a situation in which a large block of voters are not happy with a party and joining a third party option.
Should a third party coalesce and gain power there will be a major shift in the political landscape. The dems and rep may find themselves on the sideline in the future.

LWW
10-21-2009, 12:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you can color it anyway you want, but it does seem that some Republicans are leaving the party....and that's the real news...
Whether, or not, they are flocking to the Democratic party, is secondary to that story.....imo </div></div>
The truth ... you know, that you recoil in horror at like Dracula when confronted with a cross dripping Holy water ... is that both parties are losing people who ID their self as D or R and vote party line.

At current rates we will be left with the D's being a party made up solely of moonbat crazy far left Marxist-fascist hybrids and the R's solely of military hawks and the hard core religious right.

The party which relizes first that America is a center right country and responds with a Reagan/JFK/Gingrich type agenda comprising social liberalism with economic free markets, lower tax rates, a pro growth economic policy, and a strong defense initiative ... well they will win in a landslide.

Dearest leader has been recognized as an absolute fraud by all but the most rabid leftists ... and many of them are bailing because he isn't leftist enough ... and judgement day is approaching.

LWW

wolfdancer
10-21-2009, 01:02 AM
I could give a f**k less about either party; whoever is not in power are the lessor crooks; however the Dems often throw us poor folk some food scraps, while the Reps, would save those for their dogs.....
But, ... as I remember, and correct me if I am wrong....the post was about the party of the right, losing members?
Seems to me, if'n I were a member of that party, I'd be more concerned about why they are leaving, then where are they going. I mean you have these great Buzz words going for you:
"Christian"....and while most of us are not Southern Bible Baptists, we are Christians.
"Conservative"...it certainly sounds good on paper....but...
Anyway,... why would Christian conservatives abandon this party of fiscally responsible, God fearing leaders...and go elsewhere?

LWW
10-21-2009, 01:15 AM
What confuses you is that you believe the R's are the party of the right.

They clearly are not, and that is the source of their misery.

They can only be considered to be on the "RIGHT" when compared to the party of neo-Marxism called the democrats.

In reality, the R's are dem-lite and the D's are Marx-lite.

LWW

wolfdancer
10-21-2009, 04:29 AM
Alert the RNC....We have 4-6 of their losers over here

Gayle in MD
10-21-2009, 06:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you can color it anyway you want, but it does seem that some Republicans are leaving the party....and that's the real news...
Whether, or not, they are flocking to the Democratic party, is secondary to that story.....imo </div></div>]

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Only 20 percent of adults identify themselves as Republicans, little changed in recent months, but still the lowest single number in Post-ABC polls since 1983. Political independents continue to make up the largest group, at 42 percent of respondents; 33 percent call themselves Democrats.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">When only twenty percent identify themselves as Republicans, and Democratics have a very solid edge in approval from independents, All I can say is that I sure hope the ridiculous RW pundits and Representatives on the right continue with their absurd behavior.

Even many of the still somewhat respected former leaders of the Republicans Party, Dole, Frist, Gingrich, and even Bush one, have lamented the negative results from the totally nutty behavoir of current Representatives, their "Party of No" reputation, and the Limpballs of the right, with their non stop sexist, racist, BS, attacking everything that the majority of the country is wanting our Representatives to push through, like a Gov. run, H.C., public option, for example.

I say, keep it up, looney tunes. Make me day! As I see it, the country clearly moved to the left, in the last election, and the behavior of the right since they lost out on all fronts, is turning the public off on Republicans, even more so.

That Froneline documentary last night, BTW, was a commentary to the gross failures and negative economic impacts of the "Free market will sove everything" Republican economic philosophy. Greenspapn, lining up on the side of corruption and fraud, as long as the wealthy can still bilk decent hard working Americans out of their savings.

It was a real eye opener, for sure, and those interviewed, to a person, told quite a story about the corrupt views of the Republican philosophy which Greenspan held to till the eleventh hour, eventhough he had been warned years in advance. He led this country into the pit which Obama now has to address and solve. No one with half a brain could be pushing for deregulation, yet, as we can see, Republicans are against anything and everything, that hold the wealthy CEO's to acount for their thievery.

Hence, their falling numbers will continue, as in some polls those who are stupid enough to call themselves Republicans, are down in the teens!

The country made a statement, they have seen the light, and they are still against Republican philosophies, both economic, and foreign, by a pretty pretty margin, they hold no trust for Republicans to lead the country, or solve it's problems. Once one factors in that there are many more Democratics, and Democratics hold a healthy majority of Independent responders, and are still the favorite to solve our left over multi-disasters from BUSH, and the Republican failed ideologies.!</span>

G.

LWW
10-21-2009, 07:24 AM
The RNC lost me long ago wolfie ... but, I possess the ability for independent thought.

If you ever decide to try that, I'm here to help you.

LWW

wolfdancer
10-21-2009, 11:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are still the favorite to solve our left over multi-disasters from BUSH, and the Republican failed ideologies.! </div></div>
How ironic....the left solving the left-over mess that the War President left behind.

LWW
10-22-2009, 06:27 AM
If that's the case ... when might we expect that they at least stop making things worse?

You guys crack me up with your pretzel logic ... "B-B-B-BOOOOSH!!!! dropped a five pound hammer on my foot and it hurt SOOOOOO bad .... then dearest leader dropped a twenty pound sledge on one foot and drove over the other foot with a bus and made it all better."

LWW

Gayle in MD
10-22-2009, 07:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are still the favorite to solve our left over multi-disasters from BUSH, and the Republican failed ideologies.! </div></div>
How ironic....the left solving the left-over mess that the War President left behind. </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Hubris! Just like their "Presidentchimp" </span>

Kerbouchard
10-22-2009, 07:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Once one factors in that there are many more Democratics, and Democratics hold a healthy majority of Independent responders, and are still the favorite to solve our left over multi-disasters from BUSH, and the Republican failed ideologies.!

G.</div></div>
What kind of reality do you live in? Do you just ignore any facts contrary to what you believe?

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/generic_congressional_ballot
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The GOP advantage over Democrats increased from two points to five in the latest edition of the Generic Congressional Ballot.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that 42% would vote for their district’s Republican congressional candidate while 37% would opt for his or her Democratic opponent.

Support for Democrats dropped two points this week, while support for the GOP slightly increased.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Voters not affiliated with either party heavily favor the GOP, 40% to 23%.</span>
</div></div>