PDA

View Full Version : The Physics Of Pool Documentary Film

TomBrooklyn
08-13-2002, 09:33 AM
The August Issue of BD has an article entitled "Where "X" Equals Pool" by Mike Shamos. It describes the making of a documentary film by New York Times Television called "The Physics Of Billiards" featuring Jeanette Lee, Mike Massey, Jerry Orbach, and Ron Blatt. It was scheduled to be shown on the National Geographic Channel on August 9, but I don't know if it aired.

Pizza Bob
08-13-2002, 12:26 PM
Tom:

Yes it aired, although it only aired at one of the advertised times. The second night something else was on. It was actually the second half of a one hour program with the first half (the one usually described in TV Guide or the like) was about poisons. It was entertaining and well done and definitely put our sport in a favorable light. I'd like to see it again - it was on the National Geographic Channel.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Rod
08-13-2002, 12:37 PM
Tom, I'd like to watch that, probably more so than some of the pro matches. I just hope Jerry Orbach doesn't do any of his goofy one liners as in Law and Order.

08-13-2002, 12:43 PM

Bob C
08-13-2002, 05:54 PM
I emailed The National Geographic Channel requesting another air date for the segment and this was their reply:

Hi,
Thank you for contacting the National Geographic Channel. This segment on the physics of pool was one of the stories in our program "Science Times: Ancienct Poison, Modern Cure". However, this was aired on July 23 and will not be airing again until November 26 at 8PM and 11PM (eastern standard time). We are looking into this misinformation of an Aug. 9 airdate that was previously stated in the Billiards Digest Magazine. We apoligize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and hope you can watch this program in November.
Best Regards,
D. Fragnoli
NGC