PDA

View Full Version : Like the Wingnuts Here, Hannity REpeats Lies!

Gayle in MD
10-21-2009, 06:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DO NOT ADJUST YOUR TV SETS. THAT WHINNING SOUND COMING FROM THE SCREEN IS JUST FOX NEWS:

It used to be that, when you got a persistent, high-pitched and annoying whine emanating from your TV set -- you know the kind, that high-pitched squeal that feels like a drill in your eardrums -- you'd just go whack the TV set until it stopped, or call your repairman.

Now, it just means you have to turn the channel off Fox News.

All this week, nearly every single Fox News program has tackled the insidious "war on Fox" being waged by the Obama White House. It's been constant and petulant -- and bereft of any awareness whatsoever that they're actually constantly proving the White House's point about a bias in not just the opinion shows but also their "news" product.

It has, however, produced surreal moments like the one above, on Sean Hannity's program last night, with a panel featuring (among others) Steven Crowder of Pajamas Media TV, when the host burst forth with one of his "factual" declarations that actually was a falsehood, followed by a surreally un-self-aware discussion about how the White House doesn't want to be fact-checked:

Hannity: Let me see if I can sum this up. Is it that they want to distract from the debates that they're losing -- the American public overwhelmingly, according to every credible poll, is against Obamacare -- are they trying to distract? Are they trying to intimidate? What's the strategy?

Crowder: I think this is a huge indictment on every other mainstream news source. The fact that the fact-checking is so appalling -- I mean, what does that say about other news networks, that they've given them this free pass, this open lane to this administration?

Yyyyeah. Right. Well, speaking of fact-checking, how about this fact: According to every recent credible poll -- including the most recent Washington Post/ABC poll released just yesterday morning -- the public in fact strongly supports a public option with its health-care reform package. In fact, support has risen from 52 percent to 57 percent in recent months. The most recent CBS poll pegs the support at 62 percent.

If by "Obamacare" Hannity means a public option (and he does, having used the term that way previously), then he not only is wrong on the facts -- he has reality exactly reversed.

These are, of course, "opinion" shows. But "opinions" should be based on, you know, actual facts. Because otherwise, they're just lies. Maybe on Fox, we should stop calling them "opinion shows" and start calling them "Newspeak shows."

And the excuse that Fox's bias is relegated only to these "opinion shows" and does not extend to its news reportage is, as we've noted, a grand load of hooey:

If you watch Fox's daytime "news" programs -- from Fox & Friends to Happening Now to Special Report with Bret Baier (where this report aired) -- you'll find that, while they lack the viciousness of the "opinion" programs, they nonetheless are heavily slanted with an anti-administration bias. "Reporters" like Carl Cameron and James Rosen constantly bring on Republican spokespeople and reliably transmit GOP talking points as though they represent fact (when in reality they usually have an estranged relationship with the truth). Anchors like Gretchen Carlson and Trace Gallagher regularly comment on the news they're reporting with an unmistakable right-wing slant.

Media Matters has documented this in extensive detail. They've also come up with a video that illustrates the point beautifully:

</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">DON'T MISS THE VIDEO! Seems that everyone else in the world knows that most Americans want the Public Option, all except Fox News, and certain Wonk Wonk Wonking Little Weenie Wonkers!

Oh Boo Hoo Hoo....Widdle Weenie Wonkie wong again.</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
http://crooksandliars.com/

wolfdancer
10-21-2009, 08:40 PM
I'd sure like to see the old time reporters, Walter Cronkite, H. B. Kaltenborn, even Walter Winchell...weigh in with their opinions re: the "newscasters" ???? Re: paid political hacks, on Fox.
I believe it was Mr. Cronkite that said "It's our job to report the news, not to interpret the news"
I can't prove it, but I'm sure they are also broadcasting subliminal messages with the "news" on Fox. How else could you explain away, some of the remarks here by the other side, and their constant repetition of them?? "I love big brother,Dick Cheney"
I'd a wrote GW, but we all know who was pulling his strings....:
George and Dicky , were getting kind of tricky...you know what I am getting at.....and no one's gotten fat, 'cept these two ****ing rats (I should have been a song writer)
...and HAL, and Blackwater, and etc, etc.

Kerbouchard
10-21-2009, 09:25 PM
The article is bogus. America does not support the Public Option. Your article links to a poll that specifically says Democratics were oversampled. In any case, I trust Rasmussen much more than 'a poll by the Washington Post'.

Here is the chart on the Rasmussen website.
Date
Approve
Disapprove

Oct 16-17
42%
54%

Oct 10-11
44%
50%

Oct 2-3
46%
50%

Sep 24-25
41%
56%

Sep 16-17
43%
56%

Sep 15-16
44%
53%

Sep 14-15
42%
55%

Sep 13-14
45%
52%

Sep 12-13
51%
46%

Sep 11-12
48%
48%

Sep 10-11
47%
49%

Sep 9-10
46%
51%

Sept 8-9
44%
53%

Aug 25-26
43%
53%

Aug 9-10
42%
53%

Jul 26-27
47%
49%

Jul 20-21
44%
53%

Jul 10-11
46%
49%

Jun 27-28
50%
45%

I guess you can feel free to interpret that as you wish; no reason to let reality stand in your way.

wolfdancer
10-21-2009, 11:15 PM
At my age, i have this short term memory problem...enlighten me if you will....when did I post anything about that?
As to any HC plan being currently proposed, I'd guess that they are all flawed, and that nobody knows the real costs.
And once again, the bleeding heart liberal in me....I hate to see people, especially kids, dying, because they can't afford health insurance.
I'm hoping that something can and will be done under the Obama Administration, since it was a non-issue for the 8 years under the "War President"

Sid_Vicious
10-22-2009, 12:23 AM
"I hate to see people, especially kids, dying, because they can't afford health insurance.
I'm hoping that something can and will be done under the Obama Administration, since it was a non-issue for the 8 years under the "War President"

AMEN! sid

LWW
10-22-2009, 06:33 AM
The simple and obvious interpretation by the Obamatrons is that Rasmussen is obviously racist.

LWW

Gayle in MD
10-22-2009, 07:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd sure like to see the old time reporters, Walter Cronkite, H. B. Kaltenborn, even Walter Winchell...weigh in with their opinions re: the "newscasters" ???? Re: paid political hacks, on Fox.
I believe it was Mr. Cronkite that said "It's our job to report the news, not to interpret the news"
I can't prove it, but I'm sure they are also broadcasting subliminal messages with the "news" on Fox. How else could you explain away, some of the remarks here by the other side, and their constant repetition of them?? "I love big brother,Dick Cheney"
I'd a wrote GW, but we all know who was pulling his strings....:
George and Dicky , were getting kind of tricky...you know what I am getting at.....and no one's gotten fat, 'cept these two ****ing rats (I should have been a song writer)
...and HAL, and Blackwater, and etc, etc. </div></div>

Yep, it's the whole Party, too. Thirty Republican Senators voting NO against government Contractors having to risk losing contracts, and being sued, against the Franken Bill, after Halliburton's employees drugged and gang raped that young woman, and locked her in a Shipping container and held her hostage, and thirty REPUBLICANS vote on behalf of protecting Halliburton from being sued and losing contracts????? What does that tell you about the so called "Christian, family values, Repiglicans!!!

Those thirty SOB's ought to be hauled out onto Pennsylvania Avenue, tied face first to the trees, have their pants pulled down, and call in the Hulk! Trouble with that is most of them would be lovin' it!

Completely repulsive, and it was the same filthy "usual" suspects, too. McCain, at the top of the list, they're all there, Shelby, Linsey GraHAM, Vitter, Ensign!

This is the result of the Bush styled DOJ, which protected Halliburton from any investigations into KBR, and what their people did to this young woman

Alexander (R-TN)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Bond (R-MO)
Brownback (R-KS)
Bunning (R-KY)
Burr (R-NC)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coburn (R-OK)
Cochran (R-MS)
Corker (R-TN)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Crapo (R-ID)
DeMint (R-SC)
Ensign (R-NV)
Enzi (R-WY)
Graham (R-SC)
Gregg (R-NH)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
Johanns (R-NE)
Kyl (R-AZ)
McCain (R-AZ)
McConnell (R-KY)
Risch (R-ID)
Roberts (R-KS)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Thune (R-SD)
Vitter (R-LA)
Wicker (R-MS)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is precisely the sort of descent into barbarism that was inevitable when Bush and Cheney decided to assemble a private army and put it outside of the rule of law. Welcome to the future. These half-men should be hanged for their crimes.

</div></div>
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/12/10/halliburton-covering-up-gang-rape-of-employee/

Now just watch one of the smarmey little lemmings from the right jump on the link, ignoring the rest of the post, and ignoring the fact that the story has been in every major newspaper in the country.

But have you heard any outrage about it from the "Watch Dogs" of Fox News? Limpballs? Laura Ingels? Dobson?

HELL NO!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

LWW
10-22-2009, 09:15 AM
http://hiildan.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/crocodile-tears.jpg

LWW