PDA

View Full Version : I must have missed it: What's a 'Democratics'?

Kerbouchard
10-21-2009, 09:02 PM
I never could understand why Gayle kept using the word Democratics. Since I did not know if there was anything witty about using that particular word instead of the more common 'Democrats', I figured I would look it up. Google asked me if I meant Democrats, but a little further down was the 'Urban Dictionary' definition. I figured that would be perfect since most 'Democratics' are living off the government in urban areas.

Here is what I found:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Democratics
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Democratics
The correct name for those who are members of the Democratic Party. It is correct to add an "s" to the name of the party, in order to express its plurality, and also correct to identify an individual as a "Democratic," rather than as "Democrats/democrat," which goes beyond grammar to create such an euphemism; equivalent to calling Republicans either "Republics," or an individual as a, "Republic."

Example use:
"Democratics are acting out as hypocrites, once again."

"That Democratic anti-patriot is issuing untruthful propaganda demeaning our soldiers."

"The term 'Democratic' is an oxymoron when considering the party as a whole."

"I am a Democratic, and so what if we want to win as a party by having the USA fail and retreat, and to hell with any democratic bushwah from your rightwingnuts?"
</div></div>

I did not quite understand at first, but when they used it in a sentence it was very helpful. Just wanted to pass on the info in case anybody else always wondered what Gayle meant when she used the term 'Democratics'.

wolfdancer
10-21-2009, 11:32 PM
well, you have proven that Gayle was in fact ahead of the curve here, with her use of the term "Democratics" (as per usual, I might add). Interesting that you now consider the Urban dictionary, and who knows who's, input, as the final word. I also thought it more then a coincidence that on the same page, Sarah Palin's new book "A Bridge too Far" was being promoted along with her older tome "My Life as a Hockey Mom".....
I therefore questioned the fairness of the word's usage in the given examples...kind of a Fox hack job....but I do understand the tremendous appeal that had for a man of your outstanding political acumen.

Kerbouchard
10-22-2009, 07:24 AM
No, I do not consider Urban Dictionary the 'final word' or definitive. The problem I ran into was every credible source listed it as a misspelling.

Since I found it hard to believe a typo could be repeated so many times and knowing that Gayle is infallible and would not have misspelled it, I assumed she was using the term in an urban underground sort of way.

eg8r
10-22-2009, 07:52 AM
Pretty funny. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r