PDA

View Full Version : Bladeless desk fan is launched

Qtec
10-23-2009, 06:36 AM
link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/technology/newsid_10000000/newsid_10002300/10002357.stm)

Amazing.

Q

Kerbouchard
10-23-2009, 08:09 AM
Interesting concept. I would like to see it work in a testing chamber...It would have been nice if there would have been smoke in the video so you could actually see it working.

eg8r
10-23-2009, 08:34 AM
If I remember this correctly, it has been about 3 or so months but that fan is not truly bladeless. The only bladeless part is what you see. The blades are in the base and the air is just directed upwards. Seems like another "Sharper Image" overpriced consumer item that doesn't do anything better. How soon till someone starts selling this as a "green" product because it uses less air. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Definitely a cool idea but a cool company.

eg8r

pooltchr
10-23-2009, 09:33 AM
Maybe not using less air, but I'm sure that fan blades spinning at a high speed probably slices through air molicules, ultimately reducing the amount of air that is actually available for other uses.

OMG! I just realised that it is fan blades that are causing global warming!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve

LWW
10-23-2009, 10:03 AM
This thing is the answer to the question that nobody asked.

LWW

Sev
10-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Funny I was thinking of the sharper image myself.
The ionic breeze moves quite a bit of air at low velocity. Somebody should kick that up a notch.

cushioncrawler
10-24-2009, 11:30 PM
It duznt impress me. Its a piece of krap.
It needs more power. It makes more noise.
And what if it sucked your head into that ring!!!!!!
madMac.

Sev
10-25-2009, 07:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It duznt impress me. Its a piece of krap.
madMac.
</div></div>

I knew it. You are a Home Improvements fan!!!

More Power!!!!

sack316
10-25-2009, 11:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It duznt impress me. Its a piece of krap.
madMac.
</div></div>

More Power!!!! </div></div>

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/jkim6584/funny/random/Tim-Allen.jpg

Sack

Sev
10-25-2009, 02:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It duznt impress me. Its a piece of krap.
madMac.
</div></div>

More Power!!!! </div></div>

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/jkim6584/funny/random/Tim-Allen.jpg

Sack </div></div>

AAAAAAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!