PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Dems

pooltchr
10-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Do you think we should follow McCrystal's lead and increase troop levels in Afghanistan to try and gain victory, should we just pull out all troops and let the country go back to the Taliban and the terrorists, or should we follow John Kerry's idea and support Obama in his current plan to do nothing, wait and see, and just let our troops continue to be killed off?

Just wondering what you think.

Steve

LWW
10-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Apparently they have to check with Obama to see what they think.

LWW

pooltchr
10-26-2009, 03:51 PM
I wasn't expecting an answer before their daily spoon-feeding.

Steve

sack316
10-26-2009, 08:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do <u>you think</u> we should follow McCrystal's lead and increase troop levels in Afghanistan to try and gain victory, should we just pull out all troops and let the country go back to the Taliban and the terrorists, or should we follow John Kerry's idea and support Obama in his current plan to do nothing, wait and see, and just let our troops continue to be killed off?

Just wondering what <u>you think</u>.

Steve </div></div>

I took the liberty of underlining and putting in bold the problem with your question.

Rule #1 of writing, always consider your target audience and adapt accordingly.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

pooltchr
10-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks for creating the additional emphasis.

Now, judging from the response so far, I guess they don't!!!!!

Steve

sack316
10-26-2009, 08:34 PM
As we speak, the question is being shot to huffpo, democratic underground, Olbermann, etc. etc. etc. in hopes of figuring it out... for themselves, of course /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

Kerbouchard
10-26-2009, 10:14 PM
My personal opinion, pull all troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Declare Operation Enduring Freedom a loss.

Commence Operation Glass Parking Lot. After all, we can drill through glass.

Qtec
10-27-2009, 08:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you think we should follow McCrystal's lead and increase troop levels in Afghanistan to try and gain victory, should we just pull out all troops and let the country go back to the Taliban and the terrorists, or should we follow John Kerry's idea and support Obama in his current plan to do nothing, wait and see, and just let our troops continue to be killed off?

Just wondering what you think.

Steve </div></div>

I have an idea.
To be fair, those who have the most to lose should be the first to join up. Right?
I expect Glenn Beck to run a drive for recruitment among the rich. I expect Fox News to be camped outside Wall St, urging those who have robbed the taxpayer to repay their debt by going to fight in Afg,...............LOL

Obama knows that to win, whatever that means, in Af its all or nothing. A few 1,000 troops will not make a difference. It has to be a HUGE undertaking or withdraw. The costs will be severe.

Did you know a gallon of gas costs the US Army $ 400 there?

Its true....look it up.

Q

LWW
10-27-2009, 09:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To be fair, those who have the most to lose should be the first to join up. Right?

Q </div></div>

If this were true the low countries wouldn't have capitulated ... twice ... in under 30 days, each time, when confronted with a choice between defending their liberty or capitulating to the advancing Hun and begging his benevolence.

LWW

pooltchr
10-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Well, I'm not disappointed. Our first response from someone on the left, and it's a non-answer.

Q...here's the question made even simpler for you. Should Obama continue to do nothing, or take action? If so, which action? More troops, or no troops?

Please try your call again.

Steve