PDA

View Full Version : Proof! Dick Cheney Should STFU! MUST READ!

Gayle in MD
10-27-2009, 10:41 AM
<span style="color: #000066">One would hope this letter of resignation will show Dick A-H Cheney STFU, once and for all, since it proves why it is entirely appropriate that our President take whatever amount of time required, to re-think our strategy and presence in Afghanistan.

From the last page of the article in the Washingtonp Post about the first U.S. Official to Resign over the Afghanistan War, yu know the one, the one that cheney said the Taliban was gone from, forever?: </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoh's doubts increased with Afghanistan's Aug. 20 presidential election, marked by low turnout and widespread fraud. He concluded, he said in his resignation letter, that the war "has violently and savagely pitted the urban, secular, educated and modern of Afghanistan against the rural, religious, illiterate and traditional. It is this latter group that composes and supports the Pashtun insurgency."

With "multiple, seemingly infinite, local groups," he wrote, the insurgency "is fed by what is perceived by the Pashtun people as a continued and sustained assault, going back centuries, on Pashtun land, culture, traditions and religion by internal and external enemies. The U.S. and Nato presence in Pashtun valleys and villages, as well as Afghan army and police units that are led and composed of non-Pashtun soldiers and police, provide an occupation force against which the insurgency is justified."

American families, he said at the end of the letter, "must be reassured their dead have sacrificed for a purpose worthy of futures lost, love vanished, and promised dreams unkept. I have lost confidence such assurances can be made any more."

'Their problem to solve'

Ruggiero said that he was taken aback by Hoh's resignation but that he made no effort to dissuade him. "It's Matt's decision, and I honored, I respected" it, he said. "I didn't agree with his assessment, but it was his decision."

Eikenberry expressed similar respect, but declined through an aide to discuss "individual personnel matters."

Francis J. Ricciardone Jr., Eikenberry's deputy, said he met with Hoh in Kabul but spoke to him "in confidence. I respect him as a thoughtful man who has rendered selfless service to our country, and I expect most of Matt's colleagues would share this positive estimation of him, whatever may be our differences of policy or program perspectives."

This week, Hoh is scheduled to meet with Vice President Biden's foreign policy adviser, Antony Blinken, at Blinken's invitation.

If the United States is to remain in Afghanistan, Hoh said, he would advise a reduction in combat forces.

He also would suggest providing more support for Pakistan, better U.S. communication and propaganda skills to match those of al-Qaeda, and more pressure on Afghan President Hamid Karzai to clean up government corruption -- all options being discussed in White House deliberations.

"We want to have some kind of governance there, and we have some obligation for it not to be a bloodbath," Hoh said. "But you have to draw the line somewhere, and say this is their problem to solve."

</div></div>

Article here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...ST2009102603447 (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/26/AR2009102603394.html?hpid=topnews&sid=ST2009102603447)

Resignation Letter, a must read, here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/hp/ssi/wpc/ResignationLetter.pdf?sid=ST2009102603447

eg8r
10-27-2009, 11:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Proof! Dick Cheney Should STFU! MUST READ! </div></div>LOL, gayle should practice what she preaches.

eg8r

wolfdancer
10-27-2009, 11:53 AM
As is typical here when you post something that cannot be explained away, or "put down" with any supporting facts.....they try to dismiss/invalidate your post, with a trite , banal insult.
I think the resignation letter from a key official there., explaining his reasons for resigning...carries a little more weight then say, the "insider's opinion" of the Grand Dragon of the Dayton, Ohio Tea Baggers Ass'n.

Gayle in MD
10-27-2009, 01:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As is typical here when you post something that cannot be explained away, or "put down" with any supporting facts.....they try to dismiss/invalidate your post, with a trite , banal insult.

<span style="color: #000066">Well, we learned long ago they don't give a good **** about our troops, they've proven that over the years! They did vote for Bush, TWICE! , even after it was undeniable that he lied us into a war, and then abandoned our troops to a world class idiot, like Rumsfeld, while our soldiers were being slaughtered, without even decent equipment, and Republicans were votoing against every measure to give them what they needed.

Despicable people, through and through. </span>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

I think the resignation letter from a key official there., explaining his reasons for resigning...carries a little more weight then say, the "insider's opinion" of the Grand Dragon of the Dayton, Ohio Tea Baggers Ass'n.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">It surely proves how obnoxious Dick Cheney is, after he and Bush walked out on their multi M.E. failures, and the colossal BALLS, he has to criticize Obama, because the conditions are completely different now, than they were last January, and hence, Afghanistan requires another full, in debth study by our best and brightest.

But then, if Cheney didn't have full access to a Government run health care system, we wouldn't have to put up with his lying ass anymore!</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

pooltchr
10-27-2009, 03:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Afghanistan requires another full, in debth study by our best and brightest.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </div></div>

Is that an in depth study, meaning a full evaluation of all the facts....or did you mean an in debt study, which describes everything else this administration has done so far?

Steve

LWW
10-27-2009, 04:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Afghanistan requires another full, in debth study by our best and brightest.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </div></div>

Is that an in depth study, meaning a full evaluation of all the facts....or did you mean an in debt study, which describes everything else this administration has done so far?

Steve </div></div>

What she meant is that she doesn't know what her opinion on the issue will be until Obama tells her what her opinion on the issue will be.

LWW

llotter
10-28-2009, 03:43 PM
What we have here is a John Kerry twin hoping to construct a political future with anti-war 'heroism'. As I heard on the radio this morning, we shouldn't wait twenty years to 'swift-boat' his credibility because he doesn't have any.

Sid_Vicious
10-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Cheney and Bush...the second only thing that I'll miss about them is that their policies won't directly affect the dummies here still touting their so called good features, it will only allow more needy, dying pool people to die. Of course the first thing I am disappointed in is that both of them weren't hung for treason, which they should have been. But I would settle for both Bush and Cheney to have been stripped of all government services including their retirement funds and health care. Then the b@stards would struggle, like the majority of the rest of us. THAT would have been true justice. Sid

pooltchr
10-28-2009, 08:11 PM
I guess your hatred of Bush and company is the reason you can accept the crimes against the constitution that the present administration is committing.

Hate is a powerful emotion that can blind you to reality and over rule common sense.

You really should get past it and move into the present. We have plenty to worry about right now, without obsessing over the previous administration.

Steve

DickLeonard
10-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Sid Dick Cheney rampage against this countries leaders earned him Secret Service protection compliments of Obama. I cannot figure this out.####

LWW
10-29-2009, 06:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sid Dick Cheney rampage against this countries leaders earned him Secret Service protection compliments of Obama. I cannot figure this out.#### </div></div>

Try public education.

EVERY living former VPOTUS has SS protection.

LWW

Gayle in MD
10-29-2009, 08:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cheney and Bush...the second only thing that I'll miss about them is that their policies won't directly affect the dummies here still touting their so called good features, it will only allow more needy, dying pool people to die. Of course the first thing I am disappointed in is that both of them weren't hung for treason, which they should have been. But I would settle for both Bush and Cheney to have been stripped of all government services including their retirement funds and health care. Then the b@stards would struggle, like the majority of the rest of us. THAT would have been true justice. Sid </div></div>

The only appropriate punishment for Bush, Cheney, and Rice, is that they be hung. They all commited treason when they lied to the Congress about the urgent need to invade and occupy a foreign country. They ALL lied, over and over again.

They were all involved politicizing the DOJ, and in exposing a covert CIA agent. Hence, the 5,000 missing e-mails, and the suspicious fire in Cheney's office.

bush started out by deep sixing his father's information, and kept us the treason, the entire family has profitted from their corrupt business dealings with Middle East Oil, which finances al Qaeda, and other terrorist organization.

They were all involved in war profiteering, and both Bush's were in business with terrorist financiers for decades, as was Dick Cheney.

Felons and treasonists, all.

The 9/11 commission was a white wash, and the only hope now is the investigation which is on-going.

Documented al Qaeda testimony from the lynch pin operative, during his trial, he stated that Ronald Reagan's failure to respond to the slaughter of our marines, slaughtered as they slept, was the beginning of their focus to force us out of the Middle East.

Republicans grew, financed, and were in business with terrorist financiers for decades. The Bush administration was the most corrupt administration in our history, even worse than Nixon.

G.

DickLeonard
11-01-2009, 08:17 AM
Ex Vice Pres get 6 months of SS protection, President Obama extended Cheney's for another 6 months. Search for secret service protection revealed that I am right as Always.####

Gayle in MD
11-01-2009, 01:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ex Vice Pres get 6 months of SS protection, President Obama extended Cheney's for another 6 months. Search for secret service protection revealed that I am right as Always.#### </div></div>

Bravo, Dick!

Some folks on here have no clue about government, or anything else, for that matter.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

wolfdancer
11-01-2009, 02:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some folks on here have no clue about government, or anything else, for that matter. </div></div>
I'm undecided about that....There's a few here that make themselves look stupid by posting as authorities on a subject, or as in K's reply to me...when they try to twist something around to fit their own take on a subject. As a wise man once said:
" they don't know what they think they know"
Then there are the lww clones, that use the board to self promote themselves as the intelligentsia, and far above the crowd...but the only way they can pull this off, is to try to make someone else look bad. ( maybe they fit into both categories?) I have to wonder about what they are trying to accomplish when you quote from, or link to an article that cannot
be disputed, or at least easily disputed, and they reply with some juvenile insult...lww is the worst offender there.
It's like: there are 100 people in a room and 98 of them are smarter then they are, but if they can make themselves believe they are smarter then the remaining one, that somehow sates them....and then they find a message board like this and write:
"I'm not dumb like everybody says I am; I'm smart and I want respect".
It becomes annoying at times, but if it keeps them from going down to the mall, or a nearby school, and shooting up the place, it's worth it. (say, here's a thought ...we might be saving lives by allowing ourselves to be the targets of these fragile egos, self imagined luminaries, and societal dregs.

Gayle in MD
11-01-2009, 03:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some folks on here have no clue about government, or anything else, for that matter. </div></div>
I'm undecided about that....There's a few here that make themselves look stupid by posting as authorities on a subject, or as in K's reply to me...when they try to twist something around to fit their own take on a subject. As a wise man once said:
" they don't know what they think they know"
Then there are the lww clones, that use the board to self promote themselves as the intelligentsia, and far above the crowd...but the only way they can pull this off, is to try to make someone else look bad. ( maybe they fit into both categories?) I have to wonder about what they are trying to accomplish when you quote from, or link to an article that cannot
be disputed, or at least easily disputed, and they reply with some juvenile insult...lww is the worst offender there.
It's like: there are 100 people in a room and 98 of them are smarter then they are, but if they can make themselves believe they are smarter then the remaining one, that somehow sates them....and then they find a message board like this and write:
"I'm not dumb like everybody says I am; I'm smart and I want respect".
It becomes annoying at times, but if it keeps them from going down to the mall, or a nearby school, and shooting up the place, it's worth it. (say, here's a thought ...we might be saving lives by allowing ourselves to be the targets of these fragile egos, self imagined luminaries, and societal dregs.
</div></div>

I used to hold out a few from the right. There was a time when one could have some semblence of reasoned debate with a few of them, but even those few, are now so full of BS from their nutty pudnits and representatives, and illogical, from their poor loser status, angry and sulking, that they are sounding as ridiculous as their radical fringe.

I don't think I've ever seen so many nutty Representatives expousing so much BS as we now have in the Republican Party.

Love it! Love it! They have lost all but 19 to 20%?

LMAO!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Hope they keep on keepin' on with all their hatred for gays, people of color, women's rights, outlandish accusations against Obama, radical attacks based on pure fiction, and after their own party f-ed everything up, the rah rah war, party of no ideas, no sense, and no accountability, will be in the Elephant hole, with the rest of the morbibly ill, for a long, long time... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
11-01-2009, 03:32 PM
What a crock! We listened to you whine and cry for 8 years about stolen elections, and you have the nerve to call someone else sore losers!

If I were you, I would bury my head in shame for having voted for an admitted former cocaine user (which you said you would never do) who is systematically disassembling the very structure of this once great country, while you stand by and defend him!

What a joke you have become!

Steve

wolfdancer
11-01-2009, 03:55 PM
I've always thought that the greater evil then beginning their own war for profit, was the lack of adequate protection they provided our troops, and the medical care provided afterwards. It's as if our soldiers were just cannon fodder, so to speak. Even more annoying is some twit, that attends a once a week meeting, tries to make himself into a hero " I also serve..."
I've never read one comment of concern about our armed forces personnel from the chicken hawks....

wolfdancer
11-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Sid, both mens fortunes increased considerable during their "reign of error"...and they will continue to profit from the war....
I'd prefer that they be marched out to the WH courtyard , blindfolded, then shot, and their families billed for the bullet.
I'm hoping that neither one gets buried in Arlington, as that would be a final insult to the brave soldiers they sent to their deaths.
As for their fan base here...it's kind of a twist on Shakespeare's line....the evil men do are oft interred with their bones....here it has been buried prematurely....

wolfdancer
11-02-2009, 01:21 AM
Dick, one of the reasons lww targets you....your age and your health issues. He figures you'll be too scared to stand up to him....he also figured wrongly that Gayle would back down, her being a Grandmother and over 60, etc....but she done told him in so many words..."eat **** ,and die". He's reduced now to just bragging over on AZBobblehead, about his imagined "put downs" on her, and how he made her "wet her panties". (This is the ultimate triumph I believe, in his mind)
I feel sorry for him, needing these illusory "victories" to build up his "rep points" over there. I hear though, that with 5000 rep points and $5, you can get a Big Mac and fries??

wolfdancer
11-02-2009, 01:48 AM
Correction...Gayle never voted for GWB, a self admitted, former cocaine user....and I may have missed it, if President Barack Obama has also admitted to being a former (frequent?) user???
....but maybe it's a new requirement for the job???
so you think it wrong to complain about election fraud, in the voting for the most important office in the USA?.
I think you should report your findings about the POTUS hidden goals to the proper authorities.. I'm sure llotter will back you up on that....Do you have a link to the site that lists the systematic destruction...?
I'd be laughing at that myself if it wasn't so sad that an adult could have such beliefs....but then llotter's "that's far out, man"ideas, exceeds even your warped pipe dreams.
I often wonder why you guys keep writing this stupid crap....to impress each other?, 'cause "surely you can't be serious"... about impressing anybody else???
But run it up the flagpole...maybe a special ed bus will be driving by and they will salute it.
I don't drink much, but the posts here, will drive anybody to drink

LWW
11-02-2009, 04:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sid, both mens fortunes increased considerable during their "reign of error"...and they will continue to profit from the war....
I'd prefer that they be marched out to the WH courtyard , blindfolded, then shot, and their families billed for the bullet.</div></div>

Really?

What evidence to support this doth ye possess?

What's that?

None?

We already knew that.

Glad to see, however, that your love for the ways of oligarchical dictatorships is still strong.

LWW

Gayle in MD
11-02-2009, 07:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've always thought that the greater evil then beginning their own war for profit, was the lack of adequate protection they provided our troops, and the medical care provided afterwards. It's as if our soldiers were just cannon fodder, so to speak. Even more annoying is some twit, that attends a once a week meeting, tries to make himself into a hero " I also serve..."
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>I've never read one comment of concern about our armed forces personnel from the chicken hawks.... </span></div></div>

[b]Jack, they attacked us for writing about the miserable treatment of our soldiers. Even THAT didn't dissuade them from their party mantras, remember?

The very idea of a rightie writing about The Constitution is hilarious. The Bush/Cheney/Rice cabal didn't stop at their shredding of our Constitution, they went much further than that. The Geneva Conventions, were thrown out, without congressional votes. The Department of Justice, was turned into a political tool. FISA was ignored, as they spied on Americans, from their phone calls, to their personal financial information.

Now, because Bush destroyed the American Economy, allowed the wealthy CEO's on Wall Street to scam the American public out of their hard earned money, Obama has had to use Government intervention to avoid Bush's Depression. That is standard proceedure during economic emergencies. Nothing unusual about it at all. What has them so angry, is that it is working, the economy is recovering, as Obama has diverted the Global Bush Depression. Nothing they write on here can change that fact.

They put quite a twist on everything, from their own hypocracy as documented right on this site, for eight years, to their twisting of the facts of how we got here, and what is actually standard proceedure for diverting a full scale Global Depression.

Just more rightwing, BS. This is why only one infive Americans are Republican. Reasonable, thinking people, have left the party by the droves, and will continue to do so, as the Republican Party, who created this mess, chooses to be the Party of NO COOPERATION, unwilling to step up to the plate and join in an effort to revive the faultering economy left in the wake of the most illegal, immoral corrupt and incompetent administration in our history.

Former Republican, John Dean, documents Bush's non stop law breaking and attacks on our Constitution quite thoroughly in his book, "Worse Than Watergate" and obviously, he is far more knowledgable in Constitutional Law, than any of the nitties that post their on-going delusional rants on this site.

G.

Gayle in MD
11-02-2009, 07:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Correction...Gayle never voted for GWB, a self admitted, former cocaine user....and I may have missed it, if President Barack Obama has also admitted to being a former (frequent?) user???
....but maybe it's a new requirement for the job???
so you think it wrong to complain about election fraud, in the voting for the most important office in the USA?.
I think you should report your findings about the POTUS hidden goals to the proper authorities.. I'm sure llotter will back you up on that....Do you have a link to the site that lists the systematic destruction...?
I'd be laughing at that myself if it wasn't so sad that an adult could have such beliefs....but then llotter's "that's far out, man"ideas, exceeds even your warped pipe dreams.
I often wonder why you guys keep writing this stupid crap....to impress each other?, 'cause "surely you can't be serious"... about impressing anybody else???
But run it up the flagpole...maybe a special ed bus will be driving by and they will salute it.
I don't drink much, but the posts here, will drive anybody to drink </div></div>

There is a huge difference between experimenting, and being a coke head. Bush still displays the cokehead jaw rolling that I've seen many times in hard coke addicts. There are plenty of pictures of him in his younger days, with that unmistabkable coke induced, Deer in Headlights, trance. He was, no doubt, addicted to the stuff, but in his case, he lied about it, where Obama stepped up to the plate, and wrote not one, but two books, writing beautifully about his past, and how he came to be the man he is today. In Bush's case, he just sent Karen to the Texas National Gaurd to deep six all his awol information, and rove got him to say he was "Born Again" the blanket code word for the nutty right, which supposedly wipes away all pst sins.

Any idiot who would compare Obama to Bush, is actually showing the world that he has no "Common sense" at all.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

pooltchr
11-02-2009, 08:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....Do you have a link to the site that lists the systematic destruction...?
</div></div>

All you need to do is open your eyes and see for yourself. The fact that you want a link supporting something so obvious simply tells me that you are unable to think for yourself, and must have someone spell it out for you.

If I provided 20 links, if it wasn't what you wanted to hear, you would ignore it anyway.

You and granny just worry about watching each other's backs, and leave serious discussion of issues to people who actually understand the difference between facts, and the daily dose of kool ade you obviously take every day.

Steve

Chopstick
11-02-2009, 09:09 AM
So, you put STFU in the title of a thread. You need to go to the mirror and check to see it you have "Ban me. I am an idiot." stamped on your forehead.