PDA

View Full Version : No Fifty plus 1 vote on Healthcare

eg8r
10-28-2009, 08:16 AM
Well, there you have it. Obama has spoken and Harry Reid will need to fall in line. Oops, that was back in 2007. I guess things have changed and the Dems are desperate.

You know it is a lie if the politician's mouth is moving... (http://www.weaselzippers.net/blog/2009/10/flashback-2007-candidate-obama-pledged-not-to-pass-obamacare-with-fifty-plus-one-strategy.html)

The buffoon Harry Reid has been looking at reconcilliation as his only way of getting this debt-laden healthcare bill on the books. I know, we have an idiot here on the board that keeps saying there is no bill yet but common sense eludes her regularly and Harry is going to do whatever he can to get it passed even if Obama says No.

eg8r

Deeman3
10-28-2009, 08:43 AM
I jes wan them Obamadollars like the gal in Detroit. It is a crying shame when peoples has ta give up they crack cocain fer a decent gig.

Now that 98% of Americans are clammoring to have the government decide their benefits and how health care will be administered, what chance do we have? About all we can do now is vote any sucker who votes for a public redistribution option and hope the next set of idiots can reverse some of the damage.

Qtec
10-28-2009, 09:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, there you have it. Obama has spoken and Harry Reid will need to fall in line. Oops, that was back in 2007. I guess things have changed and the Dems are desperate.

You know it is a lie if the politician's mouth is moving... (http://www.weaselzippers.net/blog/2009/10/flashback-2007-candidate-obama-pledged-not-to-pass-obamacare-with-fifty-plus-one-strategy.html)

The buffoon Harry Reid has been looking at reconcilliation as his only way of getting this debt-laden healthcare bill on the books. I know, we have an idiot here on the board that keeps saying there is no bill yet but common sense eludes her regularly and Harry is going to do whatever he can to get it passed even if Obama says No.

eg8r </div></div>

You obviously don't know what Universal healthcare means, do you?
Is it the same as what's in the bill that is now being proposed?

Q

pooltchr
10-28-2009, 09:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> About all we can do now is vote any sucker who votes for a public redistribution option and hope the next set of idiots can reverse some of the damage. </div></div>

As sad as it is, you may have hit the nail on the head. Obama has decided to do as much damage as he possibly can before the mid term elections. And while Leiberman and Snow have already said their votes will be against the public option, I suspect they will sneak it in through the back door. Obama has bet his entire presidency on HCR.

But since nothing actually is scheduled to happen until 2013, there is hope that we can get some more reasonable people in Washington in time to stop the madness.

I was not happy when Obama got elected, but I had no idea that he might singlehandedly destroy 240 years of building the US into the great country it has been.

He's not just a fool...he is a dangerous fool!

Steve

eg8r
10-28-2009, 11:51 AM
What part of what I posted makes you think I don't understand what Universal healthcare means? My post is quite specific in addressing Harry's sneaky attempt at undermining what Obama said he would NOT do. How does that have anything to do with my knowledge of Universal healthcare? Why do you feel the need to change the subject?

eg8r

eg8r
10-28-2009, 11:52 AM
I agree.

eg8r

pooltchr
10-28-2009, 12:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Is it the same as what's in the bill that is now being proposed?

Q </div></div>

There are 5 different bills floating around congress. Which bill are you inquiring about?

Steve

LWW
10-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Whichever one Obama tells he supports.

LWW

Qtec
10-29-2009, 08:57 AM
Do you have a transcript from that interview because the sound bite you presented as proof [ of something] provides no context, but I guess you are used to that ......being a Fox viewer!.....LOL
I would like to know what the question was...........you don't. We know you don't like facts, .........you can't handle the truth.

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

pooltchr
10-29-2009, 09:10 AM
I don't see where the question itself is important. Obama made a very clear statement. "We can't govern with a 50 plus 1 strategy. We aren't going to pass healthcare reform with a 50 plus 1 strategy"

How much clearer does it need to be for you. It is another lie. He will do whatever he wants to do, regardless of what he said during the campaign.

He has repeatedly lied, pure and simple. You just don't like it when someone calls him out on it.

Drink more kool-ade!

Steve

LWW
10-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Why are you being racist?

LWW

pooltchr
10-29-2009, 09:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why are you being racist?

LWW </div></div>

I'm a white southern male. It's expected!

Steve

eg8r
10-29-2009, 10:44 AM
So now that you are back to the subject, what happened to those nasty ninja google skills of yours? Are you saying you are not going to even give it one of your little crafty searches? Don't worry, no need for you to lie and say it is up to me to provide it because even if I did you would not read it. The issue here is that we have an example of our leadership preparing to do exactly the opposite of what they promised.

However, since you have asked for a transcript consider that a requirement for every single video you post from here to eternity. Hypocrite.

eg8r

eg8r
10-29-2009, 10:46 AM
qtip does not really want a transcript. He is just trying to find some way out of any hole he digs for himself everytime the hole in his face opens up.

eg8r

Qtec
10-29-2009, 10:11 PM
All I am is asking is "what was the question?"

Q

Qtec
10-29-2009, 10:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The major difference between himself and the other Democrats that Obama has stressed throughout his campaign is <span style='font-size: 14pt'>a belief in his ability to <u>unite the country and work with Republicans.</u></span><span style="color: #000099">He was wrong.</span>

"You've got to break out of what I call the 50-plus-one pattern of presidential politics, which means you have nasty primaries where everyone's disheartened, then you divide the country 45 percent on one side, 45 percent on the other, 10 percent in middle, all of whom live in Florida and Ohio," he said. "Then maybe you eke out a victory of 50 plus one, but you can't govern.... you get all the perks , Air Force One [ laugh] <span style='font-size: 14pt'>but you can't deliver on HC. We are not going to pass Universal healthcare with a 50 plus 1 strategy ...or energy [ reform]......<u>unless you have a working majority" </u></span></div></div>

He is not saying he wouldn't do it, just that he thinks its not possible to bring the reforms he wants without some support from the GOP.

Q.....context makes a huge difference.

pooltchr
10-30-2009, 07:55 AM
So Obama admits that you can't govern with a 50 plus 1 mentality. Yet, they seem to believe that since 54% voted for him, that he has a mandate to do whatever he damn well pleases, and force his agenda through using the dem majority in congress.

Do you think he is rushing everything through now, because he suspects that huge majority will be gone next year? And if that's the case, doesn't he have some obligation to the 46% who voted against him to at least LISTEN to their concerns and take some of the Republican ideas into consideration? Or should he just impose his will on everybody simply because he did win the election?

Steve