PDA

View Full Version : Question about the new hate crime law

llotter
10-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Would Dick Armey or anyone else now be in legal difficulty using the terms 'Barney Fag' now? Is that whole slang vocabulary now illegal to use?

Deeman3
10-29-2009, 03:08 PM
No. Thankfully, the law is to protect against incitment of violence against and the aid in the prosecution of persons who actually commit violence againt perverts.

Of course, I support laws that protect people from violent attacks, be they normal or otherwise. It may come to the point in the future where stating your opinion on a group gets you in trouble, like with a certain group now, but for now, speech is still free unless you try to drum up violent acts against a group for no other reason than their race or level of perverted behaviour.

Most states declare they have no hate crimes to report each year but I suspect there are still many out there unreported.

pooltchr
10-29-2009, 03:34 PM
I still don't get the whole "hate crime" designation. Seems to me that if you shoot, stab, poison, or commit a violent act against another, it probably ain't because they love the victim!

Steve

LWW
10-30-2009, 04:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still don't get the whole "hate crime" designation. Seems to me that if you shoot, stab, poison, or commit a violent act against another, it probably ain't because they love the victim!

Steve </div></div>

It is simply another racist, sexist, and heterophobic bit of moonbat legislation.

LWW

llotter
10-30-2009, 09:30 AM
It really does seem so much more desirable if a killer at least refrains from spewing out racial epithets while he is spilling their guts out.

pooltchr
10-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Yeah. I've noticed victims are often more dead when their killer calls them names while he is shooting them.

(Can you say "Thought Police"?)

Steve