PDA

View Full Version : Detoxifying the air

wolfdancer
10-29-2009, 03:37 PM
waves.
rw nuts against Acorn (http://defoxamerica.com/)
I thought Mr. Weyrich's ideas re: voting to be....interesting (Voting, it's not for everyone) along the same lines as "the Constitution is just a piece of paper" (GWB)

R.I.P. (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1208/16702.html)

pooltchr
10-29-2009, 05:51 PM
I see nothing wrong with legislation that cuts off federal funding for any organization that continuously operates outside the law, or one that promotes lawbreaking.

As for your other comment "Voting, it's not for everybody" I find myself in total agreement.
An uninformed voter is a danger to us all.

Steve

LWW
10-30-2009, 04:44 AM
By denouncing those who oppose and expose ACORN wolfie, you seem to be stating a support for the idea of operating child prostitution sex slave rings as long as the money is used to support a democratic run for congress.

Are you sure that this is the image of yourself that you want out there?

Or, are you simply angry that someone made the public see the truth?

LWW

Chopstick
10-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Resistance is futile. This is no stronger force in society than an idea whose time has come and this one is long overdue. Secular progressive liberalism must be destroyed.

wolfdancer
10-30-2009, 03:28 PM
I was really trying to get a shot in against Fox. Acorn's agenda sounds good, help seniors and minorities to get out the vote, but ?????

Gayle in MD
10-31-2009, 09:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was really trying to get a shot in against Fox. Acorn's agenda sounds good, help seniors and minorities to get out the vote, but ????? </div></div>

Acorn was the Republican target, hence, as usual, they blow what actually happened into an unrecognizable event.

Typical for Republikooks, if they spread their lies long enough and far enough, with the help of their propaganda channel, of course, their nutty followers will believe it as fact.

Acorn was never in the business of child prostitution.

Funny, how they can focus on that, but completely overlook the Bush/Cheney oil blood for oil fiasco, including no helmets, no armour, and electrocuted soldiers. all for the Republican connected no bid contractors.

Thirty Republicans voted against holding the Bush/Cheney corporate pigs to account for drugging, gang raping, and kid- napping a young twenty year old woman.

How far apart is Republican ideology from the Taliban?

Not far at all.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

LWW
10-31-2009, 02:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was really trying to get a shot in against Fox. Acorn's agenda sounds good, help seniors and minorities to get out the vote, but ????? </div></div>

Acorn was the Republican target, hence, as usual, they blow what actually happened into an unrecognizable event.</div></div>

Are you saying the videos were faked?

LWW

pooltchr
10-31-2009, 02:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Acorn was never in the business of child prostitution.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

Technically, maybe or maybe not. We really don't know what the group has not done.
We do know that they were willing to assist others in establishing a child prostitution business, and even offer suggestions as to how they could defraud the government out of legitimate tax revenue.
You cry and scream that the rich don't pay their fair share of taxes, but are obviously willing to let a left leaning support group of the democrat party pass on helping people avoid paying their fair share.

And you wonder why you get called a hypocrite

Steve

wolfdancer
10-31-2009, 05:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As for your other comment "Voting, it's not for everybody" I find myself in total agreement.
An uninformed voter is a danger to us all. </div></div>
I'm sure you would like a constitutional amendment , so that only your kind of people can vote.....but you might have to wait another 8 years for that.
Uninformed?....how do you think Herr Bush got elected? We were "informed", but it turned out to be all lies.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's that smell in this room? Didn't you notice it Brick? Didn't you notice a powerful and obnoxious odor of mendacity in this room?...There ain't nothin' more powerful than the odor of mendacity...You can smell it. It smells like death.
"Cat on a hot tin roof"</div></div>

pooltchr
10-31-2009, 05:49 PM
If ever we had a president elected by the uninformed, it is the one we are dealing with now. Even you would have to admit that a good number of his supporters voted for him for one reason and one reason only. And it sure as hell wasn't his policys.

When votes are cast because "It's time for one of us", for a man who appeared out of nowhere, with an incredible amount of money backing him, the outcome of the race was dictated by all the wrong motives.

You know it, whether you admit it or not. And I suspect you will end up calling me a racist for even saying it, but the facts speak for themselves. Race played a HUGE part in the last election.

I will hand it to him, he played the country for a bunch of fools, and it paid off for him.

But with people like Ayers teaching him how to manipulate people, he had a huge advantage.

Steve

DickLeonard
10-31-2009, 08:47 PM
Wolfdancer Wow how loud they scream when GWB is 20 times worse I am still waiting for him to go out of the country and gets arrested as a War Criminal.####

wolfdancer
11-01-2009, 01:09 AM
Dick, I was just knocking Fox news in my post....but from the twisted replies (do you think lww has dyslexia, maybe?) ...it's easy to see how GWB gets a free pass from them...and why the blame is now shifted to President Obama.
And now it turns out we are not having a running discussion/argument....as it seems at least two of them believe...WTF, that THEY, they are instructing/educating us on the news.

pooltchr
11-01-2009, 06:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.and why the blame is now shifted to President Obama.
. </div></div>

Maybe it's because Obama is now the one screwing us!

I don't remember anyone giving Bush a pass bevcause he had only been in office for a few months. In fact, you guys blame him entirely for 9/11, which happened 8 months into his first term. So not holding Obama accountable for the things he has done and continues to do is just hypocritical.

If you blame Bush for all that he did, you have to give Obama the same courtesy.

Steve

DickLeonard
11-01-2009, 07:59 AM
Wolfdancer most people rated the news on Comedy Central higher than Fox. Its a Cable Channel run by Roger Ales producer of the Mike Douglas show.####

LWW
11-01-2009, 09:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was really trying to get a shot in against Fox. Acorn's agenda sounds good, help seniors and minorities to get out the vote, but ????? </div></div>

OMG!

I can't believe you would insult this forum's intelligence with such deception.

Your original post linked to a moonbat crazy site that had it's collectivist panties all in a wad that ACORN might have it's funding cut because it was exposed as a partisan group willing to aid a child prostitution ring involved in importing illegal, under age, sex slaves as long as the funds were going into leftists campaign coffers.

How can anyone support such perverse, deviant, and criminal behavior and then have the audacity to preach on about the morals of others?

Wolfie my friend, I pray for your soul. May the Creator of the universe have mercy upon you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">waves.
rw nuts against Acorn (http://defoxamerica.com/)
I thought Mr. Weyrich's ideas re: voting to be....interesting (Voting, it's not for everyone) along the same lines as "the Constitution is just a piece of paper" (GWB)

R.I.P. (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1208/16702.html)
</div></div>

LWW

pooltchr
11-01-2009, 03:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wolfdancer most people rated the news on Comedy Central higher than Fox. .#### </div></div>

I love the way you just casually throw out total garbage like it is a fact. If nothing else, you are usually good for a laugh!

Steve

wolfdancer
11-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Dick, I think the difference between the "news" on Comedy Central, and the "news" on Fox, is CC. is making a joke out of it....and Fox "news" is the joke, albeit, a bad one.
I once listened to an old 78 rpm record of Hitler's speeches. I'm always reminded of that when I happen to watch Fox news, and hear the same mad man inflections in Glenn Beck's speech patterns.
You should try watching Fox sometime....it's great when one is constipated, as it promotes peristalsis.

sack316
11-01-2009, 04:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wolfdancer most people rated the news on Comedy Central higher than Fox. .#### </div></div>

I love the way you just casually throw out total garbage like it is a fact. If nothing else, you are usually good for a laugh!

Steve </div></div>

Actually, what he said was not garbage, he just left out that this rating applies across the board and not solely to Fox. In a Time Magazine poll, Stewart was rated as the most trusted newscaster in America. Yes, ahead of Williams, Gibson, and Couric too. So in that sense, it may be fair to assume the Daily Show is more trusted than Fox... but one must also assume more trusted than CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc as well.

Of course, also not mentioned is the Zogby poll commissioned by IFC's Media Project questioning what is the most trusted news source:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fox ruled with 39.3 percent of those polled beating out CNN at 16 percent and MSNBC at 15 percent. </div></div>

Sadly, a bad sign of our television and print media is that overall, the web beat out both TV and print combined as a trusted news source.

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-02-2009, 08:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wolfdancer most people rated the news on Comedy Central higher than Fox. .#### </div></div>

Steve </div></div>

Actually, what he said was not garbage, he just left out that this rating applies across the board and not solely to Fox. In a Time Magazine poll, Stewart was rated as the most trusted newscaster in America. Yes, ahead of Williams, Gibson, and Couric too. So in that sense, it may be fair to assume the Daily Show is more trusted than Fox... but one must also assume more trusted than CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc as well.

Of course, also not mentioned is the Zogby poll commissioned by IFC's Media Project questioning what is the most trusted news source:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fox ruled with 39.3 percent of those polled beating out CNN at 16 percent and MSNBC at 15 percent. </div></div>

Sadly, a bad sign of our television and print media is that overall, the web beat out both TV and print combined as a trusted news source.

Sack </div></div>

Interesting.... As my Dad used to say, never underestimate the poor taste of the American public. Fox's numbers have little to do with the fact that they spread lies around left and right, are heavily slanted to the right, to the point of being a propaganda center for the Republican party, and use hateful divisive flamatory tactics to keep their ratings up.

Yet, with all that advantage that Republicans have, compliments of Murdoch, they are still down to one in five, with only 20% saying that they are Republican.

Also, where is it addressed that "Fox" would include both their cable station, and their local channels, which do not use the same sort of propaganda as the cable station?

There have been quite a number of links to videos which prove the lies that are touted by Fox News, right here on this site. So if more people are watching it than other cable and network news stations, that might just explain how and why we got into this domestic and foreign and economic disastrous situation we're in right now.

We are making progress, but like I always say, Bush didn't leave any disasters with easy solutions. Just a whole list of no win options.

pooltchr
11-02-2009, 09:33 AM
If, as you say, the number of Republicans is diminishing, wouldn't you reasonable expect FOX's viewership to be going in the same direction?

Fewer conservatives would mean fewer FOX viewers.

And how do you explain Rush's record high listenership?????

Steve

LWW
11-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Obama hasn't told her how she explains that yet.

LWW