PDA

View Full Version : Well, I've waited patiently ...

LWW
10-30-2009, 05:11 AM
... following the leftists getting their collectivist shorts in a knot because a member of congress called dearest leader a liar, for the flimsy excuse that he was in fact telling lies, I thought that perhaps they had turned a new leaf in civility and were being uber sensitive.

Then I watched them viciously attack a private citizen with known lies and watched in horror as they cheered the state going after the free press, and I thought maybe they were just confused.

Now, I have seen a congressional member call a private citizen a "K STREET WHORE" and waited several days for their outrage to surface.

Apparently, it was simply hypocrisy from the start and they truly see someone from the "OTHER TEAM" telling the truth as being evil while someone from "THEIR SIDE" spreading vicious lies about private citizens and suppressing free speech as good.

LWW

Qtec
10-30-2009, 06:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Democratic Rep. Alan Grayson of Florida <span style='font-size: 20pt'>has apologized for calling an adviser to Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke a "K Street whore."</span>

"I offer my sincere apology to Linda Robertson, an adviser to Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke," Grayson said in a statement emailed to reporters. "I did not intend to use a term that is often, and correctly, seen as disrespectful of women."

"This characterization of Ms. Robertson, made during a radio interview last month in the context of the debate over whether the Federal Reserve should be independently audited, was inappropriate, and I apologize," he added.

While appearing on the Alex Jones radio show a month ago, Grayson complained that "this lobbyist, this K street whore, is trying to teach me about economics." (The comments were posted online this week.)

He was roundly criticized by members of both major political parties for the comment, with Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner asking, "Is this news to you that this guy’s one fry short of a Happy Meal?"

But until now, Grayson has stood by the comment.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>"Let’s be clear about the context," Todd Jurkowski, Grayson's spokesman, said earlier today. "The attack was on her professional career, <u>not her personal life.</u>"</span>

"She attacked the Congressman and his efforts to promote a Republican bill to audit the Federal Reserve," Jurkowski said of Robertson. "She actually questioned his understanding of the difference between fiscal and monetary policy. She had the audacity to attack a Congressman who used to be an economist. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>She's a career lobbyist who used to work for Enron and <u>advocates for whatever she gets paid to promote</u>."

K Street is where many Washington lobbyists work, and <u>"K Street whore" is a derogatory – though not uncommon – phrase used to describe them in the nation's capital.</u></span>
</div></div>

There other definitions than prostitute.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2. WHORE

Someone who does something excessively.
'You camping whore!'

19. WHORE
An individual who compromises his or her principles for personal gain.

'I'm an open source developer who works for Microsoft. Sure they may be evil, but they give me a six figure sallary.

You corporate whore.</div></div> urban dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whore)

Q

LWW
10-30-2009, 08:07 AM
I never said that he didn't apologize.

I said the far left were acting like hypocrites for not coming out against this AT ALL after their feigned outrage at Joe Wilson, and that they were acting like total hypocrites for failing to apologize for continually repeating the leftist lies against Limbaugh and they were acting like total hypocrites for feigning being offended at Wilson for calling Obama a liar yet showing no outrage at Obama for the actual telling of the lies.

And you, as usual, felt compelled to verify my assessment.

Thank you.

LWW

pooltchr
10-30-2009, 08:08 AM
Wilson apologized to Obama and Obama accepted the apology, but that wasn't enough for the left.

The left simply refuses to hold themselves to the same standards they want to impose on the right.

Politics as usual, and your side is in the same mud you enjoy attacking the right for.

Steve

Chopstick
10-30-2009, 12:14 PM
The guy's a jackass. There's no explaining this away. If it weren't for all the freaks over at Disney, there's no way he could gotten elected. We're gonna take care of this next year.

pooltchr
10-30-2009, 12:45 PM
I shouldn't be surprised that you would be quick to defend this kind of crap. I wouldn't expect you to see anything wrong with what he said.

Of course, being politically correct is only required from the right, isn't it?

Steve

LWW
11-02-2009, 04:40 AM
Well, by gosh and by golly, I guess they were being nothing but a bunch of hypocrites.

LWW