PDA

View Full Version : 14-1 yeaaah baby!

marek
11-04-2009, 05:30 AM
Hi people!
Long time no see......but today I have something to brag about.
Yesterday I made 100 ball run in straight pool! It is only second time in my pool career I ran hundred so it is very special for me. Missed 101st ball due to tears in my eyes... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif Just wanted you to know... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
Marek

BCA Master Instr
11-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Outstanding....

Rich R.
11-04-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm very happy for you Marek.
I only dream of accomplishing the same thing some day.

marek
11-05-2009, 06:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm very happy for you Marek.
I only dream of accomplishing the same thing some day. </div></div>

Hi Rich!
Its always good feeling to have someone like you in my corner. And as of dreams....about 10 years ago I read a book named Alchemyst by Paul Coelho which turned my view of life completely around. The main idea of the book was that dreams are to be lived and thats what I try to do. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif And the fate favours those who seek their dream. Pick up the book, you will enjoy it Rich. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

marek
11-05-2009, 06:32 AM
BTW look at my motto, thats what brought me this far... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

BigRigTom
11-05-2009, 01:58 PM
You are officially another of my heros!
I will someday run 100 too....right now I am still trying to break my high of 25!

wolfdancer
11-07-2009, 02:25 AM
If I ever run 100 balls it won't be my eyes tearing up that will prevent me from pocketing # 101. I'll have lost control of some other bodily function.....
soon as I get my visa though I'm heading over to to Czechoslovakia.
I hear the pocket openings are huge... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

marek
11-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Hi wolfie!
FYI there is no longer Czechoslovakia, there are two states since 1993: Czech Republic and Slovak Republic, it was peaceful split-up. And you wont need a visa to get here, we are in european union and us citizens dont need any visa to travel to EU. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif And the pocket openings must be really huge because I made 110 ball run just yesterday after only 5 hours sleep.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
11-08-2009, 02:02 AM
I don't have hi speed internet, so we are a little slow getting the news here. I didn't know it had split, but I seem to remember something about two factions there that did not get along, etc....seems they have worked things out....and without my help.
Another 100+ ball run....that's awesome...proves the other one was no fluke....looks like Ill need even more of a spot then the 5 out, and maybe 2 to 1 on the $$.
Your next goal....200!!!...and you can do it...its' just a back to back 100 ball run. I'd do it myself, if I had the time....lol
Nice going, again !!!!jd

marek
11-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Hi wolfie!
You remember it quite right, two factions that didnt get along...sigh...
as of 200 ball run goal - thats quite a LONG shot right now dont you think??? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif on the other hand I experienced a great feeling of rythm when I made those runs, strangely enough when I replayed that 110 ball run in my mind I felt deep in my heart that I am capable of making MUCH longer run, its just a matter of concentration. the think is I dont want just run high numbers on occasion, I want those numbers on regular basis and thats a lot of work to do. Good thing is that I wasnt nervous too much on that second 100, in fact I was able to enjoy the moment. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Hopefully I wont struggle for another 100 too long..

wolfdancer
11-09-2009, 10:31 AM
A 100 ball run is what....7 1/2 racks....if you can do that, you can do more....but what you have done is accomplish something already, and twice now....something that I'd guess 1 out of 100 players can do, or have done. AND since you did it a second time now, pretty close to your first one......I believe they'll be coming up with regularity.
Don't stop learning though, because we never know it all.

bradb
11-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Thats quite the feat. Only the top pros and a few top amatuers have accomplished that on a 9' table.

I was on a similar high some time ago when I had a total clearance on a 12' snooker table. Now 30 years later I can still remember every shot of that run.

But when I switched to pool about 8 years ago I have never been able to go past a third rack in 14-1.

Congrats. Brad

marek
11-26-2009, 08:41 AM
Hey! Update:
On Saturday I won 14-1 extraleague tournament while running 78 in the second inning of the finals against my rival in the race for national team for european championships. Its my new high run in the tournament play and it could have been better were it not for the ball jumping out of the pocket. And in the following days I made another two runs worth noticing - 74 and 70. Guess another triple digit run may come soon..

cushioncrawler
11-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Marek -- How kum a (pool) ball can get the yips, ie jump out like that -- this sort of thing shoodnt happen -- its like playing chess with dice.
Perhaps its the krappamiths -- u know, the modern vitreous ball with the bakelite center.
I bet we never ever heard of a ball having the yips in the oldendayz -- ie when we had a hard heavy solid bakelite ball.
"Solid" here meenz 100% bakelite -- ie no layering.
"100%" here meenz no krap -- ie clay filler etc iz ok.
Sorry to get off topik -- except it aktually did affekt your 14.1 -- and it affekts everyone else's pool too.
Or iz it just the tables.
madMac.

dmgwalsh
12-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Marek: congratulations. Sounds like you really have it going.