PDA

View Full Version : What is that box in the lower

wolfdancer
11-04-2009, 12:18 PM
right hand corner of my screen and has the repeatable message
"Ignored user" ? Is that just for the AZB refugees?

Deeman3
11-04-2009, 01:21 PM
I can't find that but there is a suspicious looking icon on my far, far left! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
11-04-2009, 03:28 PM
I just noticed a smiley above my avatar...how the heck did that get there?...haven't seen it before
I was referring to the shout box...I guess it's only for loudmouth, VIPs

Deeman3
11-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Jack,

I have one as well. Maybe it is for us old coots or for those who can talk on here and still shake hands at the end of the day! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I am so dumb on computers that I am damn lucky to be able to log on anymore. I got rid of my earlier problems by deleting my cookies. Now, how do I get me 1,000 lost posts from 2009 back? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif It's o.k. I didn't need them anyway.

sack316
11-04-2009, 06:16 PM
The smiley face means the user is online right now. if the user is not, it's a little grey face that looks like it is sleeping.

I think my online face should look like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

Sack /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

wolfdancer
11-04-2009, 07:00 PM
thanks, I have so many other problems with the site, having to log on twice and then get logged off...today I sent a pm to Gayle , but got the message I had to log on, even though I was logged on...repeated the whole process, got the same message, so I tried logging out then in, and when I went to resend the message for the third time, I found out it had been sent twice already.
So I was a little concerned about that smiley....some nefarious plot by my rw enemies here...some hidden app that would follow me around and ....maybe, identity theft?? Who wouldn't want to be me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
11-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Bush did it, he's trying to confuse us senior citizens.

wolfdancer
11-04-2009, 09:37 PM
I tried deleting cookies the other day, after someone was kind enough to clue me in on that....worked, but only for the next time that I logged in. I knew I should have followed up on that B.A.S.I.C. programming class I took in the 60's, but while I was studying hexadecimal code some fool came along with GUIs....what a joke I thought, this will never catch on

sack316
11-05-2009, 12:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks, I have so many other problems with the site, having to log on twice and then get logged off...today I sent a pm to Gayle , but got the message I had to log on, even though I was logged on...repeated the whole process, got the same message, so I tried logging out then in, and when I went to resend the message for the third time, I found out it had been sent twice already.
So I was a little concerned about that smiley....some nefarious plot by my rw enemies here...some hidden app that would follow me around and ....maybe, identity theft?? Who wouldn't want to be me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Oh, and forgot to mention the box in the bottom right is the shout box. I assume that it just so happens that all of those currently visible in the window that have "shouted" are people you have on ignore.

The login stuff, I dunno, the board has been acting weird for everyone I believe. What browser are you using?

Sack

LWW
11-05-2009, 02:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The smiley face means the user is online right now. if the user is not, it's a little grey face that looks like it is sleeping.

I think my online face should look like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

Sack /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

Confirmation once again that the dynamic duo hide behind anonymity.

LWW