PDA

View Full Version : A tragedy on the highway

wolfdancer
11-04-2009, 05:33 PM
R.I.P. Glenn Beck (http://www.theonion.com/content/video/victim_in_fatal_car_accident)

pooltchr
11-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Humor about wishing GB were dead seems perfectly acceptable to you.
If someone were to substitute the name Barry Obama for Glen Beck throughout that video, you would be screaming bloody murder!

Double standard?

Steve

sack316
11-04-2009, 06:20 PM
ah, from the Onion. I suppose that's where all the partisan Fixed News viewers should be turning too /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

wolfdancer
11-04-2009, 06:41 PM
It's effen parody...only you would find it offensive...don't whine to me about it, I find it amusing when you do ; do your usual thing and go tell your sob story to the admin "Woe is me " /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif ... and be sure to add in that I thought if you had to guess which was your elbow, and which was your *** it would be about a 50/50 bet.
I don't need you to make moral judgments on my posts...get yourself into a seminary first, then get yourself a white collar and a bible...and then maybe, just maybe, I'll give an effen rat's a** about your holier then thou attitude. But I'd still tell you to "jam it"
You keep trying so hard to impress the troops here....get a life; nobody cares about what you write, nor what I write. They ain't going to be throwing rose petals at your feet, nor electing you the #1 poster here. AND you're the one that is always complaining about people picking on you.....here's a news flash for you....write it down so that you'll remember it....it's called "tit for tat". You get the same sh*t thrown back into your face, that you try so pitiably to give out....and then you complain "Woe is me"
Maybe I mentally substituted your name as I read it...what do you think about that????
I got you back on my "Warning: loser posting to get your attention!!! do not read, do not reply" list

wolfdancer
11-04-2009, 06:51 PM
here's the same news flash I gave to Steve....it's called parody; the butt of tomorrows joke may be President Obama, or the Pope...
Just because today's bit is directed at your favorite newsmucker, doesn't mean they are partisan.....I'd add that I'm sorry if you or sob, Steve found that offensive, but I'd lying thru my ass. It's even funnier for me when I imagine you both saying "they can't say that about Glenn" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
11-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Triple standard...I just imagined the joke was about you

pooltchr
11-04-2009, 07:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Triple standard...I just imagined the joke was about you </div></div>

You are a sick little girl, Wolfie.
Steve

Gayle in MD
11-04-2009, 08:16 PM
You mean it wasn't about Steve?

Humph!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
11-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Girl? that must make you a cu*t
GFY, you moron

pooltchr
11-04-2009, 09:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Girl? that must make you a cu*t
GFY, you moron </div></div>

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Steve

wolfdancer
11-04-2009, 10:47 PM
My mother was a "saint" , a great lady with a heart of gold who would do without, and give somebody her last dollar if she thought they needed it. She passed on at 92,and if there is a Heaven, she will be there.
I'll thank you to leave my Mother out of any of your future pos posts...My problem is strictly with you, and no one else in your family, and I'll never try to make some denigrating remark to you that involves any family members of yours.....
But that is it for me, that does it.....have a nice life.... you can keep trying to entertain the troops with your schoolboy taunts, and teen age insults.... hopefully, you won't start calling people MFs...but I doubt it "give a man enough rope....."

You're dumber then Miss South Carolina:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANTDkfkoBaI

wolfdancer
11-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Did you read his reply, where he is trying to make himself look like the board moralist, and his latest, where he brings up my Mother in his pos post. Right now I find him to be the biggest annoyance on the board....he thinks he has to comment negatively on every post...to entertain the troops??? just another know it all, that I have no use for.

sack316
11-05-2009, 12:58 AM
Actually I thought the parody was funny. I didn't say anything about that, or try to so "oh why Beck", or anything like that.

All I was pointing out is how you tend to like to bash the Fox viewer, and viewers of partisan sources, etc. quite regularly. And yet then post something showing you read the onion.

Parody is indeed funny. Irony is as well. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

LWW
11-05-2009, 02:47 AM
wolfie is a hater, pure and simple.

He can't help but verify that daily.

LWW

pooltchr
11-05-2009, 08:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you read his reply, where he is trying to make himself look like the board moralist, and his latest, where he brings up my Mother in his pos post. Right now I find him to be the biggest annoyance on the board....he thinks he has to comment negatively on every post...to entertain the troops??? just another know it all, that I have no use for. </div></div>

Are you really that stupid, or do you just act like it so you can get away with your twisted posting style.
My comment was strictly related to the gutter talk your posts have sunk to. And I am quite sure your mother is a saint....she would have to be to have put up with a kid like you!

Steve

LWW
11-05-2009, 08:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you really that stupid, or do you just act like it so you can get away with your twisted posting style.

Steve </div></div>

My vote is for both being the case.

LWW

Deeman3
11-05-2009, 09:19 AM
I think it is funny. Of course, I thought seeing Nancy tell everyone what a victory last ngiht was for the Democratic party was a hoot as well.

Gayle in MD
11-05-2009, 09:33 AM
I think it was a hoot listening to Steele saying that all of America, was speaking through two govenorships, as well.

Actually, we picked up two congressional seats, and won a Republican region that hasn't gone democratic for a way over a century....

These last two days have been funnier than hell, given the whole scope of things, including the fact that Deeds ran a half assed campaign, to start with.

But, I guess when your patry in only one in five, you've got to pull out all the stops! Rev up the lies and exaggerations, and use the old Republican, BLOW IT INTO A BIG HUGE WIN, when its actually irrelevent on the national front, given that the vast majority polled said that it had nothing to do with Obama, unlike what is being purported by the nutty Repiglicans.

All politics is local, remember?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
11-05-2009, 10:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you read his reply, where he is trying to make himself look like the board moralist, and his latest, where he brings up my Mother in his pos post. Right now I find him to be the biggest annoyance on the board....he thinks he has to comment negatively on every post...to entertain the troops??? just another know it all, that I have no use for. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Nope, never do read his bs, and I hope you put him on total ignore after he did that. He has already written the most offensive, sexist post every written on this forum, insulting not only only your mother, but his own, and every other woman on earth. I'd quote him, but he'd go crying to the Republican Administrator again, if I did, yelping like a pricked pig, Wha Wha Wha, she's trying to ruin my pool peddling scam!

Looks like people would have wised up about spending money on pool lessons, by now, anyway, don't you think? it's amazing, how stupid people are, they think that if they get the right stick, or the right lesson, or the right gadget, it's going to change everything. NOT!

I say....Get a damn table, and study the video's of the pros, dummy, there is no magic bullet in learning this game, it's a game of milimeters, jerk, it's pure hard work, practice, practice, practice...and study, like anything else...buy a damn book, and put a damn bottle on the table, till you can shoot straight...if anything, one damn lesson for someone with no stroke and no natural talent, is all anyone should ever pay for IMO, ...IOW...any more than that, is a rip off, pure and simple...Dick Leonard taught me more about pool than anyone else...and that guy who writes on BD, can't think of his name, right now...studying Alison Fisher, is enough to teach you all about pool...she's amazing, and if people just took more practice strokes, and got a lesson from Alison, or Karen Corr, they'd be way ahead of the game. Karen taught me more in fifteen minutes, than anyone is ever going to get from some pool school, be sure...

Guess Opinions are still allowed on here? LOL, who cares, getting banned would be fine with me...

If one wants to get serious, go to a PRO! Not some wannabe who just wants you to stand by and watch him shoot.... and listen to his never ending "My voice is the most beautiful sound in the world" BS.

Those who can, do, those who can't teach...</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

<span style="color: #000066"> Put the SOB on ignore, and keep him there. He's so far beneath your intellect, it's not funny...just think about his famous, "Debts don't matter" post How about his Birther posts, his "indoctrination" BS, his BS about Vietnam...we could have won that war, you know, we only needed another 58,000 dead Americans....and BTW, it wasn't a civil war over in Nam, BWA HA HA HA....and BTW, The "Surge worked" BWA HA HA HA...Iraq is blowing up every damn day, now that Bush spread Democracy around over there, LMAO!...the man is nuts! A legend in his own mind, just like the Little Weenie Wonkie, not worth our time, total ignore!</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
11-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Gayle, you are in rare form today.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif, and thanks for the a.m. humor. As Jimmy Durante sang, "you got to start off each day with a song....
Hey, we could use Jimmy now to help get the economy rolling again, after the 8 yr downward spiral:
$$$ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJTxhz2dBCk)

As to pool, thanks to the BCA program, you now can get good instruction, unlike when I began playing and as it was explained to me...you learned by gambling with an experienced player. The ones that were offering lessons, weren't worth your time, let alone your money.
As to how much instruction one needs to play at a respectable level...I'm not sure, but I think for every hour of instruction you need to put in X number of hours of practice, and I'm still "teaching" myself, although I once read "that a man that is self taught has a fool as an instructor"
One instructor that I talked to had the best ideas about instruction that I have ever heard Ken "Sarge" Aylesworth (hope I spelled his last name right) He said that he had many different ways to teach, and it was up to the instructor to find out the best one to use as we all learn differently. My example would be: someone is very "visual" show him the stroke a few times and he will easily copy it, someone else may be more verbal, and need the mechanics explained in detail. Too much detail turns me off...it then becomes work. The worst instruction book I ever read was G.O.L.F. (geometrically orientated linear force) written by a mechanical engineer, who tried to explain a golf swing as a system of gears, levers, etc. I headed to the nearest bar after reading each chapter. Contrast that, with an old Cybervision tape I had of Al Geiberger....not one spoken word, just Al swinging all the clubs from the wedge to the driver....but with some "subliminal Gimmickry" ( my words) The tape helped me more then the book....but I could see where the book would have more appeal for say, Deeman, and Fred Agnir....both of them engineers.
Kids learn to play sports by mimicking, they are visual learners, and there are a bunch of videos on youtube of 3 and 4 yr olds with better swings then I have ( but would they play me for a $1 a hole?) I'd only ask for 3 a side ( a 3 stroke spot for each 9 holes).
A good instructor though is worth going back to on a reg. basis, as we all tend to pick up bad habits and get away from good fundamentals. I tend to one stroke most of my shots, as the longer I try to remain focused, the less I can concentrate. It works for me, but i probably should take more time, and a good instructor would insist that I do.
I'm the worst guy to be talking about instruction....just a bar banger, and a $5 entry tournament player. But the game both interests me and fascinated me, and my best recreational buy for my house was my pool table....

eg8r
11-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Are you just pointing out what you see or ignoring your resemblence?

eg8r

eg8r
11-05-2009, 11:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess Opinions are still allowed on here? LOL, who cares, getting banned would be fine with me...</div></div>Then leave? Why is it so hard for you to make such a sensible adult decision? Yes opinions are still allowed here. How is the blog going or are you still fumbling with godaddy?

eg8r

eg8r
11-05-2009, 11:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My mother was a "saint" , a great lady with a heart of gold who would do without, and give somebody her last dollar if she thought they needed it. She passed on at 92,and if there is a Heaven, she will be there.
</div></div>It is a shame you have to disrespect such a "saint" with the way you act on this board.

eg8r

Deeman3
11-05-2009, 11:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Yes, but try telling that to those Democratic Senators and Congressmen who have races in 2010. Better put a lot more lipstick on the Health Care Pig before they have to face the voters, locally... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

They may pass somthing, but it will not be health care reform in any sense but that more pork will be included than they had in the stimulous bill.

Of course, we both know that if the unemployment rate is back at 6 or 7 % by 2010, the races will be much better for the Democrats as long as they are able to hide most of the new taxes proposed by the HCB and Crap and Trade. </span>

LWW
11-05-2009, 12:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it was a hoot listening to Steele saying that all of America, was speaking through two govenorships, as well.

Actually, we picked up two congressional seats, and won a Republican region that hasn't gone democratic for a way over a century....

These last two days have been funnier than hell, given the whole scope of things, including the fact that Deeds ran a half assed campaign, to start with.

But, I guess when your patry in only one in five, you've got to pull out all the stops! Rev up the lies and exaggerations, and use the old Republican, BLOW IT INTO A BIG HUGE WIN, when its actually irrelevent on the national front, given that the vast majority polled said that it had nothing to do with Obama, unlike what is being purported by the nutty Repiglicans.

What's funny is that I listened to RL on Monday and he predicted that on Tuesday the Obama admin would make those exact same arguments and on Wednesday the fringe media would be in a stampede to agree with dearest leader's excuses and on Thursday the internet would be ablaze with Obama apologists parroting what the fringe media had parroted from the Obama camp.

I don't even need a calendar this week.

LWW

LWW
11-05-2009, 12:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you read his reply, where he is trying to make himself look like the board moralist, and his latest, where he brings up my Mother in his pos post. Right now I find him to be the biggest annoyance on the board....he thinks he has to comment negatively on every post...to entertain the troops??? just another know it all, that I have no use for. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Nope, never do read his bs, and I hope you put him on total ignore after he did that. He has already written the most offensive, sexist post every written on this forum, insulting not only only your mother, but his own, and every other woman on earth. I'd quote him, but he'd go crying to the Republican Administrator again, if I did, yelping like a pricked pig, Wha Wha Wha, she's trying to ruin my pool peddling scam!

Looks like people would have wised up about spending money on pool lessons, by now, anyway, don't you think? it's amazing, how stupid people are, they think that if they get the right stick, or the right lesson, or the right gadget, it's going to change everything. NOT!

I say....Get a damn table, and study the video's of the pros, dummy, there is no magic bullet in learning this game, it's a game of milimeters, jerk, it's pure hard work, practice, practice, practice...and study, like anything else...buy a damn book, and put a damn bottle on the table, till you can shoot straight...if anything, one damn lesson for someone with no stroke and no natural talent, is all anyone should ever pay for IMO, ...IOW...any more than that, is a rip off, pure and simple...Dick Leonard taught me more about pool than anyone else...and that guy who writes on BD, can't think of his name, right now...studying Alison Fisher, is enough to teach you all about pool...she's amazing, and if people just took more practice strokes, and got a lesson from Alison, or Karen Corr, they'd be way ahead of the game. Karen taught me more in fifteen minutes, than anyone is ever going to get from some pool school, be sure...

Guess Opinions are still allowed on here? LOL, who cares, getting banned would be fine with me...

If one wants to get serious, go to a PRO! Not some wannabe who just wants you to stand by and watch him shoot.... and listen to his never ending "My voice is the most beautiful sound in the world" BS.

Those who can, do, those who can't teach...</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

<span style="color: #000066"> Put the SOB on ignore, and keep him there. He's so far beneath your intellect, it's not funny...just think about his famous, "Debts don't matter" post How about his Birther posts, his "indoctrination" BS, his BS about Vietnam...we could have won that war, you know, we only needed another 58,000 dead Americans....and BTW, it wasn't a civil war over in Nam, BWA HA HA HA....and BTW, The "Surge worked" BWA HA HA HA...Iraq is blowing up every damn day, now that Bush spread Democracy around over there, LMAO!...the man is nuts! A legend in his own mind, just like the Little Weenie Wonkie, not worth our time, total ignore!</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

That post is completely delusional.

To take you at your word ... it's impossible to learn pool from an instructor and to prove it you list the people wo instructed you.

That's funny.

One can feel the hate seething from you dearie.

LWW

Gayle in MD
11-05-2009, 12:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Yes, but try telling that to those Democratic Senators and Congressmen who have races in 2010. Better put a lot more lipstick on the Health Care Pig before they have to face the voters, locally... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

They may pass somthing, but it will not be health care reform in any sense but that more pork will be included than they had in the stimulous bill.

Of course, we both know that if the unemployment rate is back at 6 or 7 % by 2010, the races will be much better for the Democrats as long as they are able to hide most of the new taxes proposed by the HCB and Crap and Trade. </span> </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">If wishes were horses, Deeman, you could take a nice long ride. </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
11-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Larry, you have to try to understand Gayle's position. She is frustrated because when she trys to impress the board with how smart she is, someone comes along and points out her mistakes.

Her ego doesn't like that at all, and since I am one who opposes her, she has decided her best plan is to attack the way I make my living. Of course, she has had other instructors, some of whom are very good friends and associates of mine, give her lessons.

It has nothing to do with pool. It has more to do with her hatred of me for actually standing up to her BS on here.

She can't win on content, so she attacks the messenger. Nobody else on this board has anything to say about how anyone else makes a living. She claims that she doesn't hate anyone, and she tells us she is above personal attacks, but her words seem to prove her lies.

Steve

wolfdancer
11-05-2009, 04:32 PM
I don't believe she is attacking you personally...your post though, reads like the pot calling the kettle black, as she could just copy and paste your remarks about her, and they would fit you to a t. (imo) you don't exactly post friendly notes to her.
I exchanged a few emails with her on the subject, and she just has a different idea about the value of taking lessons ,then the avg player. I've paid for lessons in the past,two of the instructors were pros, but I felt that I wasted my money. And then along came the BCA program and kind of codified and set standards for instructors. I talked a friend into going to Randy's school when he was all set to go elsewhere. I had read elsewhere's books and wasn't too impressed, and had read good things here about Cue Tech. If I a "little" younger and also could afford the added expenses of travel, lodging, etc I'd have been there myself.
Before the BCA program there were people that could play great, play at the pro level, but did not know how to teach, an art form in itself.And then there are teachers that can teach, but their style and delivery might not fit the way the student learns the easiest. One size does not fit all, so to speak. If I lived in the Bay Area, I'd be taking lessons at Bob Jewett's
Billiard academy; between Bob, and Eric, a great player, and Jose, a Master instructor....one of would find the way to help my improve....( I'd hope, or maybe suggest that i take up another sport)
There is a $10 book "Extraordinary Golf", that I think an instructor could pick up a tip or two, on teaching pool. I recently recommended it to someone who teaches back east, and he tells me he liked the book.
Getting back to Gayle, if she wasn't satisfied with some earlier lessons, and that was probably a communications problem between her and the instructor.....and she now believes that she can improve on her own through books, tapes, practice....I don't see how you can take that as a personal attack....has she ever taken a lesson from you, no, and don't you have a list of satisfied former students that would recommend you, probably yes.

wolfdancer
11-05-2009, 04:46 PM
While it was a parody that probably either went over his head, or he just saw another excuse to pass judgment from his throne.
The more I think about it though....it really was too bad it ain't Glenn Beck.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
I just posted to him....about your comments re: teaching Vs learning on your own.....seems he took that as a personal attack by you, although you never took a lesson from him???, so what weight would any personal attack commentary have?
I thought most people up there were tobacco farmers, or worked for Walmart, and didn't have electricity or indoor plumbing, so how could they get online to read...(they can read??) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
11-05-2009, 07:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't believe she is attacking you personally...
</div></div>

I seriously doubt that you are interested in facts, but just take a minute and see if you wouldn't consider this a personal attack. (especially considering how you jumped my butt over my use of the m word responding to you) In the quote below, she was responding to you about the comments you made about me, so we know who she is talking about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you read his reply, where he is trying to make himself look like the board moralist, and his latest, where he brings up my Mother in his pos post. Right now I find him to be the biggest annoyance on the board....he thinks he has to comment negatively on every post...to entertain the troops??? just another know it all, that I have no use for. </div></div>

yelping like a pricked pig, Wha Wha Wha, she's trying to ruin my <span style='font-size: 17pt'>pool peddling scam!</span>

Looks like people would have <span style='font-size: 17pt'>wised up about spending money on pool lessons,</span> by now,. <span style='font-size: 17pt'> Karen taught me more in fifteen minutes, than anyone is ever going to get from some pool school, be sure...</span>

Those who can, do, those who can't teach...[/color] /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Now honestly, wouldn't you take comments like that personally?

Not to mention, she doesn't know what she is talking about. Since she has never taken my class, she has no idea what I teach.
Just for the record, I had one student who had spent almost $2000 to take lessons from two pros, then took my class and told me he learned more from me in 2 hours than he did from those pros in two days.

I guess that is what she is talking about with my "pool peddling scam"

In another thread she said it wouldn't bother her to be banned. But she sure seems to worry about it a lot. But if it's true, she could do a lot of us a favor and voluntarily ban herself. That way she wouldn't be subjected to all the abuse she claims to het around here.

I know you and Gayle are buds, and you have made it clear you don't like me, and that's ok. I don't even know you. But an honest man wouldn't defend the comment she made the way you did.

Steve

Gayle in MD
11-05-2009, 07:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While it was a parody that probably either went over his head, or he just saw another excuse to pass judgment from his throne.
The more I think about it though....it really was too bad it ain't Glenn Beck.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
I just posted to him....about your comments re: teaching Vs learning on your own.....seems he took that as a personal attack by you, although you never took a lesson from him???, so what weight would any personal attack commentary have?
I thought most people up there were tobacco farmers, or worked for Walmart, and didn't have electricity or indoor plumbing, so how could they get online to read...(they can read??) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I suppose you are speaking about the stalker, whose name I see under every one of my posts...addiction is a terrible thing, isn't it?

But, since neither the egghead, aka, Humpty Dumpty, nor Little Weenie Wonkie, are pool peddlers, you must be writing about the Bubba, with a pool stick, huh?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just posted to him....about your comments re: teaching Vs learning on your own.....seems he took that as a personal attack by you, although you never took a lesson from him???, so what weight would any personal attack commentary have?
</div></div>

He suffers from delusions of granduer, hence, thinks he is the center of the universe, and,... ah, that would be everyone's universe, of course.

These "Gayle in Md." addicts on here would lose their central meaning of life, if they couldn't imagine themselves winning a debate against "Gayle in Md." The only problem, is, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif LMAO, I don't think about any of them, ever...total ignore, has wonderful advantages, after a while, the bubbas on here sort of just fade away into their own misguided version of superiority, and one is untouched by their BS, ...oh, I do see their names there, behind my pots, their countless stalking posts, behind everything I write, and really do pity them for their respective obsessive compulsive disorders, but alas, it is daunting to try to give them any aid to cure their OCD, since, SOME PEOPLE can't take a hint, even when one writes it in royal blue, and letters 20 pt. high, over and over gain, for a month!

Some would call them obnoxious, I call them, Humpty Dumpty, Little Weenie Wonkie, and the pool room bubba, from, bubbaland....a true legend in his own mind... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Back to our subject, Glen Beck, I heard his apendix blew up, maybe next time it will be an organ of some importance? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I will leave you with that pleaat thought... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
11-07-2009, 04:10 AM
Jon Stewart has a funny parody on Glenn Beck on Youtube. It runs about 3 minutes too long as he imitates Beck giving one of his pompous orations....but this is the short version as Beck is usually on 30 minutes too long. There are a slew of Glen Beck videos on youtube, each one worse then the last one.
To call this guy a news reporter is an insult to the great reporters of the past. This guy should dress up in a clown suit and be selling cotton candy to kids.....or maybe he will have a religious calling, and become a Monk with a vow of silence. I think his only chance now to save his mortal soul is to STFU.

pooltchr
11-07-2009, 09:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[
Back to our subject, Glen Beck, I heard his apendix blew up, maybe next time it will be an organ of some importance? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I will leave you with that pleaat thought... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

</div></div>

It is truely a sick person who jokes about something like that!

Steve

wolfdancer
11-07-2009, 03:38 PM
I didn't see those comments by her, and I wouldn't write them myself,....but you two have a "thing" You take cheap shots at her every post, and maybe this was her retaliation.
Since she has never taken lessons from you; nobody would put stock in that particular criticism of you.
I pm'd her earlier about someone I took a lesson from and was very dissatisfied with. Also mentioned that the best lesson I ever received was from a guy that had just retired, taken up pool and was now OCD about learning the game....every jerk in the pool room was charging him for lessons, and not teaching him anything. But Hal Houle soon showed him, for free, his half ball aiming system, and while he was missing more then he was making...I recognized that it had some value, if you respected it's limits. For My friend though it was a one size, fits all aiming system. Shortly after, I did take a lesson from Hal, for free and worth every penny /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Just kidding, the best lesson I ever took. At 80 yrs old, and with enough infirmities that a vet would put down a horse if it had Hal's problems....Hal had a great sense of humor...I dubbed him the kindly curmudgeon

pooltchr
11-07-2009, 05:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't see those comments by her, and I wouldn't write them myself,....but you two have a "thing" You take cheap shots at her every post, and maybe this was her retaliation.
</div></div>

Perhaps, but I never took a cheap shot at how she makes a living. And I certainly don't criticize something that I know nothing about. She is the one who made it personal. I generally keep it to the topic of discussion. She can't keep from dragging every conversation down to her in the mud level.

If she has never, and would never, take lessons from a BCA instructor, or attend pool school, she has no idea what she might or might not learn. Much like saying, I would never go to school or take lessons to learn how to fly an airplane. I'm sure it's just a rip-off, and I can just learn on my own from reading books and watching videos.

Yeah, I get Pizzed off when I see her claiming she knows everything about a subject, when it is obvious she doesn't have the first clue.

They don't know what they don't know.

But that is all well and good. I would probably turn her down if she did want to take lessons. I can't teach anyone who doesn't have an open mind, or doesn't want to learn. I have more than enough students that really do have the desire to learn and get better. I don't waste my time on the rest.

Steve

Sev
11-07-2009, 07:57 PM
First of all you need to have some good looks and a shapely body to even begin to be considered stalking material.

Lets see a picture to see if pass the first test.

Gayle in MD
11-08-2009, 03:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't see those comments by her, and I wouldn't write them myself,....but you two have a "thing" You take cheap shots at her every post, and maybe this was her retaliation.
Since she has never taken lessons from you; nobody would put stock in that particular criticism of you.
I pm'd her earlier about someone I took a lesson from and was very dissatisfied with. Also mentioned that the best lesson I ever received was from a guy that had just retired, taken up pool and was now OCD about learning the game....every jerk in the pool room was charging him for lessons, and not teaching him anything. But Hal Houle soon showed him, for free, his half ball aiming system, and while he was missing more then he was making...I recognized that it had some value, if you respected it's limits. For My friend though it was a one size, fits all aiming system. Shortly after, I did take a lesson from Hal, for free and worth every penny /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Just kidding, the best lesson I ever took. At 80 yrs old, and with enough infirmities that a vet would put down a horse if it had Hal's problems....Hal had a great sense of humor...I dubbed him the kindly curmudgeon </div></div>

I've never paid a penny for "Pool lessons" but thanks for sending me the excerpt from Steve's post, saying he knows people who have given me lessons, LMAO!...it's a lie, as usual. A pool lesson is when you pay soeone money, and they give you a lesson. Never done that. He hasn't talked to anyone, ever, that I have ever bought pool lessons from.

And, if I ever do, I'll get them from a pro, not some pool school freak. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I ignore Steve's posts, and think he should do as I do, and stay away from reading mine, as well, since he can't handle the reality that we informed people, disagree with his BS, and can blow him away with facts, instead of petty little insults and pot shots, which all he has, and cannot control.

The three stooges, aka Little Weenie Wonkie & Company, will continue with their OCD addictions to my posts, since none of them have any self control, and all of their writings are severely delusional, and self-serving, but void of any factual information.
I don't read them, so I really don't care.

When the British News asked, "How can forty million people be so dumb?" all they needed to do was log onto this site and read their posts for a day or so, and their question would be answered.
G.

pooltchr
11-08-2009, 08:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">, not some pool school freak. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

and can blow him away with facts, instead of petty little insults and pot shots, which all he has,
</div></div>

Amazing how you can post both of these comments in the same post, and deny you are a hypocrite.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

wolfdancer
11-08-2009, 03:28 PM
This thread has run it's course, and should be mercifully put to rest. As for Gayle, in her way of thinking, pool schools aren't for her. On the other hand, my friend, already a BCA Master player at the time, attended the Cue-Tech school in Tx, and came back raving about it....then went back and attended the instructor's program. I don't think I would be a good student either, as I play by feel, hand to eye coordination, see the ball, hit the ball....or
whatever other label you can attach to my method.
I use this "effortless swing" advice as my pre-stroke thoughts"

relax/ play by feel/ swing, don't hit/ say yea(think positive/ visualize.
I'll never be mistaken for a real pool player though....probably would be about an SL-4 if I was in the APA. I believe I was rated about 2 points higher then I would rate myself,in a BCA league I played in a year or so ago.... I think the ratings systems are about as valid as the USGA ones, where in a local tournament a 21 hdcp'r, can magically shoot 78 .

I don't see any connection though with her disdain for pool schools, and her belief that she is armed with way more facts, then say, you might have, and that she also doesn't need to rely on insults to get her point across, as say you, and Rambo might resort to.