PDA

View Full Version : Ahead of the curve

wolfdancer
11-05-2009, 01:37 PM
an unnamed member here was railing on about the too moderate Republicans "Democrat, lights" he called them....and apparently the powers that be have heard him:

"A sect of hard-right Republicans is celebrating their loss in a New York House race—but that’s just the beginning of a plan to purge moderates. Benjamin Sarlin speaks to the ringleader.

Insurgent conservatives have declared all-out war on the Republican establishment, and Erick Erickson is helping to lead the charge.

Erickson, who runs the influential Web site RedState.com, drew fire on Wednesday from Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele, after Erickson expressed glee over the outcome of New York’s hotly contested 23rd Congressional District race. With help from Sarah Palin and Dick Armey, Erickson had led the online charge to drive the GOP favorite, Dede Scozzafava, from the race, believing her to be too moderate. Erickson’s preferred candidate went on to lose to a Democrat—handing the GOP its first loss in this Adirondacks-based district in more than 100 years. Erickson nonetheless declared victory
Victory ??? ( we won the battle, but lost the war?)
Plan B from outer space (http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-11-04/operation-target-moderates?cmpid=p_yahoo)
HELP ?? from Ka Sarah, Sarah( a guaranteed loss)....and they lost, but won? I hear she even sang her theme song, from her new movie:
View from the bridge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLfHJAlY59w)

"Celebrating their loss"
This must be the new conservative logic..watch out moderate Republicans....the Purge is about to begin...I'd be wearing them brown shirts and black armbands to the indoctrination meetings from now on
And never one to let the opportunity for a pun to slip by:
Dede Scozzafava:
Dede (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTLsZPrbIaI)

Deeman3
11-05-2009, 01:51 PM
I think it is an example of infighting within the right as, perhaps, some of the Virginia and N.J. fights had some of the same type origins.

It is clear that a far right only strategy outside the deep south and midwest is not gonna make the republican party grow unless the economy further deteriorates and jobs keep going away.

If the Dems become only the party of the far left, a similar backlash will surely visit them as well. Many who signed up for a central campaigning Obama are having some second thoughts espeically among the moderates where most of the Tuesday vote was centered.

I don't think the Republicans have to adapt a free everything fo everyone to be successful in 2010 and 2012, in fact, that would destroy thgem in the present political climate. JMHO /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
11-06-2009, 12:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">an unnamed member here was railing on about the too moderate Republicans "Democrat, lights" he called them....and apparently the powers that be have heard him:

"A sect of hard-right Republicans is celebrating their loss in a New York House race—but that’s just the beginning of a plan to purge moderates. Benjamin Sarlin speaks to the ringleader.

Insurgent conservatives have declared all-out war on the Republican establishment, and Erick Erickson is helping to lead the charge.

Erickson, who runs the influential Web site RedState.com, drew fire on Wednesday from Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele, after Erickson expressed glee over the outcome of New York’s hotly contested 23rd Congressional District race. With help from Sarah Palin and Dick Armey, Erickson had led the online charge to drive the GOP favorite, Dede Scozzafava, from the race, believing her to be too moderate. Erickson’s preferred candidate went on to lose to a Democrat—handing the GOP its first loss in this Adirondacks-based district in more than 100 years. Erickson nonetheless declared victory
Victory ??? ( we won the battle, but lost the war?)
Plan B from outer space (http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-11-04/operation-target-moderates?cmpid=p_yahoo)
HELP ?? from Ka Sarah, Sarah( a guaranteed loss)....and they lost, but won? I hear she even sang her theme song, from her new movie:
View from the bridge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLfHJAlY59w)

"Celebrating their loss"
This must be the new conservative logic..watch out moderate Republicans....the Purge is about to begin...I'd be wearing them brown shirts and black armbands to the indoctrination meetings from now on
And never one to let the opportunity for a pun to slip by:
Dede Scozzafava:
Dede (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTLsZPrbIaI) </div></div>

Democratcis won two more Congressional seats. Does that sound like a nation trying to block the Congress from passing the Democratiic initiatives?

I hardly think one could expect to fly that idea.

When I vote for governor, my mind is on state issues, not national issues.

OTOH, when I vote for a congressperson, or a Senator, I am thinking of how they will vote on The Hill.

Now that would seem logical, to most, I would think.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I just hope the ridiculous, insane behavior displayed yesterday by Boehner, (Doesn't know the Contitution from the Declaration of Independence) Bachmann, Foxx, and some of the other Republicans, (Closeted Gays, who vote against gay rights) I saw standing behind them, continues, as they are truly a disgrace to America, and even members of their own party are ashamed of them, hence, the one in five scenario.

G.

wolfdancer
11-06-2009, 12:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just hope the ridiculous, insane behavior displayed yesterday by Boehner, (Doesn't know the Contitution from the Declaration of Independence) Bachmann, Foxx, and some of the other closeted gay Republicans I saw standing behind them, continues, as they are truly a disgrace to America, and even members of their own party are ashamed of them, hence, the one in five scenario. </div></div>
Gayle, I think your usual "gang of three" detractors, just can't understand why they can't "beat you down" despite their combined efforts, and constant shadowing of your posts.
Thanks to ***, you are "legend" over on that other site, and the ones that don't want you to be burned at the stake, or drawn and quartered, want instead for you to be institutionalized, and
"programmed" like Winston Smith in "1984". They won't be satisfied until you confess that you too "love Big Brother"
Given today's tragic news....I'm hoping against hope none of them are gun owners...

Gayle in MD
11-06-2009, 12:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just hope the ridiculous, insane behavior displayed yesterday by Boehner, (Doesn't know the Contitution from the Declaration of Independence) Bachmann, Foxx, and some of the other closeted gay Republicans I saw standing behind them, continues, as they are truly a disgrace to America, and even members of their own party are ashamed of them, hence, the one in five scenario. </div></div>
Gayle, I think your usual "gang of three" detractors, just can't understand why they can't "beat you down" despite their combined efforts, and constant shadowing of your posts.
Thanks to ***, you are "legend" over on that other site, and the ones that don't want you to be burned at the stake, or drawn and quartered, want instead for you to be institutionalized, and
"programmed" like Winston Smith in "1984". They won't be satisfied until you confess that you too "love Big Brother"
Given today's tragic news....I'm hoping against hope none of them are gun owners... </div></div>

I am already institutionalized, a member of the United Services Organization, the American Legion, The Moose Lodge, both the Washington,D.C., and National Press Clubs, VoteVets.org, the Democratic Party, several country clubs, the White Marlin Club, Wild Flowers Association, GrandParents on Call, Chesapeake Bay Foundation, The Save the Bay Foundation, Purple Heart, Politics and Prose, a local PTA, gee, I'm leaving something out... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

It'll come to me....

sack316
11-06-2009, 12:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I am already institutionalized, a member of the United Services Organization, the American Legion, The Moose Lodge, both the Washington,D.C., and National Press Clubs, VoteVets.org, the Democratic Party, several country clubs, the White Marlin Club, Wild Flowers Association, GrandParents on Call, Chesapeake Bay Foundation, The Save the Bay Foundation, Purple Heart, Politics and Prose, a local PTA, gee, I'm leaving something out... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

It'll come to me.... </div></div>

Glee Club?

Sack

wolfdancer
11-06-2009, 12:58 PM
"Country clubs", ....free golf ?
Can I come live with you? I promise to put the lid down and flush, and maybe even pick up after myself, and I don't expect steak every nite, I also like prime rib

Gayle in MD
11-06-2009, 01:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

It'll come to me.... </div></div>

Glee Club?

Sack </div></div>

Actually, it was the National Breast Cancer Foundation...I knew I was leaving something out.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
11-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Ah, OK /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Should do glee club too. I have no idea why, and base it on nothing... but for some reason I always pictured you as a pretty good singer. Yeah, random I know.

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-06-2009, 01:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Country clubs", ....free golf ?
Can I come live with you? I promise to put the lid down and flush, and maybe even pick up after myself, and I don't expect steak every nite, I also like prime rib </div></div>

Sure! Anytime... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Although, we're currently trying to cut out beef somewhat, I do make beef on Sundays, as a treat. Lots of asian beef dishes, here and there, more veggies in them than meat, though.

I only buy the best, no hormones, and no insecticides, grain fed, and usually a good pot roast or fillet on Sundays.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

wolfdancer
11-06-2009, 01:19 PM
The Moose club, in a small town near Akron, Ohio was the cultural, recreational center of the town,I spent many a weekend night there in my 20's when I could have been going out and getting **** instead I didn't realise back then that when you get to be my age...the spirit is more then willing, but the flesh is weak, so much wasted time there...we have one here as well, that I've attended as a guest, and it serves the same function. I'd join except for two problems....they feature Karaoke, and If I want to see and hear people make fools of themselves, I'll join the Republican party and go to their clandestine meetings where they explain in detail, what the left fails to understand, etc...
I also refuse to join a club that will accept me as a member....which means they'd lat anybody in.

Gayle in MD
11-06-2009, 01:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Moose club, in a small town near Akron, Ohio was the cultural, recreational center of the town,I spent many a weekend night there in my 20's when I could have been going out and getting **** instead I didn't realise back then that when you get to be my age...the spirit is more then willing, but the flesh is weak, so much wasted time there...we have one here as well, that I've attended as a guest, and it serves the same function. I'd join except for two problems....they feature Karaoke, and If I want to see and hear people make fools of themselves, I'll join the Republican party and go to their clandestine meetings where they explain in detail, what the left fails to understand, etc...
I also refuse to join a club that will accept me as a member....which means they'd lat anybody in. </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

The food is fantastic at our Moose, and the Legion, as well.

Nice, also, to play in a league where there is more of a family atmosphere...not so many arguements, but I still see lots of sandbagging going on. I never will understand those kinds of shooters.

G.

wolfdancer
11-06-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm packing my bags as we speak...already gave my ll 30 days notice
...wait, it's my name on the mortgage.
As a sign of the times...then I first moved here, if someone put a house up for sale in this 47 home development community, it was snapped up in a short time. Now the house next door has been empty for some time now, and seems like it took months for some of the other sales to go thru. I could have gotten out with a $50k profit about 18 moths ago....now I might get out even if I had to sell....but we survived the great depression, and we'll probably survive this Bush caused current fiasco "Bush did do it" !!!

wolfdancer
11-06-2009, 02:08 PM
whatchu got against glee clubs? If I could carry a note and sing; it sounds like good clean fun.

wolfdancer
11-06-2009, 02:20 PM
I joined the senior center in a bigger town, about 20 miles from here ( I had to lie about my age /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif)
They have two pool tables and lots of play in the afternoon....but
playing there twice was enough for me... they have more "rules" then you would find in any BCA handbook, and which would make Michael Phelan turn over in his grave. No combos or caroms, the 1 and some stripe have to go in opposite side pockets, the 8 ball into the last pocket....AND there are no fouls. And they really believe they are playing pool, (probably voted for GW as well)....ain't been back since.

wolfdancer
11-06-2009, 02:51 PM
I played league pool last nite, don't know why I keep on doing that, as I tell myself this is it, no more, but "they keep pulling me back in," It was the match from hell.....first three games, for my opening shot, the cueball was stuck to another ball and with 15 balls on the table I had no shot, except for a kick. I haven't played with one of them right size, wrong weight CBs in quite a while, and didn't adjust for the first two games. I attempted a draw shot, but I swear the CB just spun in place, and stayed there, and on a cut shot the weight of the ball would take it past the location I planned on, also the extra weight made a couple of my cut shots go wide....I haven't missed shots like that, that bad, in years, and the table had more bad rolls then in a Chinese Bakery. I also couldn't get to the table with a real shot several times, after the other guys missed. And they were so bad themselves I thought we would win all the games. I haven't seen strategy that bad, since Bush jumped out of the plane onto the Aircraft Carrier and announced "We Won" ( or maybe "The Surge")
I think the CB made them look worse then they were...and I suggested that they chip in and buy a real cueball, instead of the trick one. It's a partner's league and we went 2/2 as my partner, who couldn't run 3 balls with ball in hand for all 3 shots, managed to miss a straight in ...well 15 degree cut shot on the 8 with that ball about 14" inches from the corner pocket and the CB about the same distance away from the 8....and people wonder why I need two drinks to get thru the match. I'd polish off the fifth, but I have to drive 20 miles home afterwards, and if a have more, I can't keep the steering wheel centered over the white line lane divider.....
Did I mention that we lost the match...AND they tried to shake hands after??

sack316
11-06-2009, 03:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> whatchu got against glee clubs? If I could carry a note and sing; it sounds like good clean fun. </div></div>

Where did you possibly infer I have anything against glee clubs?

Sack--- couldn't carry a tune in a bucket

wolfdancer
11-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Aw, it's friday...and after reading the crap here of trying to replace the tragedy itself, of the shooting/killings, by upstaging it with some cheap shot at trying to blame Obama for it....unbelievably poor taste, and in my opinion downright (no pun intended) Un-American.
After reading that sick sh*t, although I should be both used to it at inured to it....it's an all time low here even for the red state goon gang.
So what do you have against Glee Clubs?

Gayle in MD
11-06-2009, 05:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aw, it's friday...and after reading the crap here of trying to replace the tragedy itself, of the shooting/killings, by upstaging it with some cheap shot at trying to blame Obama for it....unbelievably poor taste, and in my opinion downright (no pun intended) Un-American.
After reading that sick sh*t, although I should be both used to it at inured to it....it's an all time low here even for the red state goon gang.
So what do you have against Glee Clubs? </div></div>

:DLMAO!

You make me want to have a drink!

wolfdancer
11-06-2009, 06:12 PM
I'll buy!!

pooltchr
11-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Both of you make me want a drink!!!!

(And I don't even drink!!!!)

Steve

sack316
11-06-2009, 10:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aw, it's friday...and after reading the crap here of trying to replace the tragedy itself, of the shooting/killings, by upstaging it with some cheap shot at trying to blame Obama for it....unbelievably poor taste, and in my opinion downright (no pun intended) Un-American.
So what do you have against Glee Clubs? </div></div>

Well I didn't say any of those things.

Or anything remotely sounding like I had anything against glee clubs. I think they are kinda cool actually (and that's coming from a "jock"... now band is another story altogether).

You will be the cause of my next relapse /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-07-2009, 07:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah, OK /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Should do glee club too. I have no idea why, and base it on nothing... but for some reason I always pictured you as a pretty good singer. Yeah, random I know.

Sack </div></div>

Back in the day, I was. Used to sit atop a white laquered grand piano at the USO shows, back when they closed down the old Lowes Capital Theater in Washington D.C. for the Saturday Afternoon USO shows, and after my dance number... Sparkey, (that was his stage name) knew every song from all the way back to WWII, and even the depression days, and I knew the all the words. Think I was only stumped once time.

The troops used to call out their requests, and we gave our best!

Those were the days, friend. Lots of good times then, and lots of great memories.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

sack316
11-07-2009, 01:33 PM
That is so cool! I love it!

Sack