PDA

View Full Version : No longer allowed to ask if you are a Citizen

eg8r
11-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Without any sarcasm, can someone explain why we would not want to know if a person is a US citizen when responding to the Census questions? I have my own thoughts just wondering what you guys think.

After reading Subchapter II - POPULATION, HOUSING, AND UNEMPLOYMENT, there is a section that seems to clarify why they would want to remove this question...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: US Code</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Such criteria shall
include requirements which assure that such plan shall be developed in a nonpartisan manner. </div></div> Link (http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/usc.cgi?ACTION=RETRIEVE&FILE=$$xa$$busc13.wais&start=137988&SIZE=35577&TYPE=TEXT) That has to be it. It is a partisan question. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif You know those libs just want to follow all the rules except for paying taxes.

eg8r

eg8r
11-06-2009, 09:08 AM
OOps, I said "No longer allowed to ask" and that is wrong. They have never asked before. It should read, "Still not allowed to ask...".

eg8r

LWW
11-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Sooooo ... when Joe Wilson yelled "YOU LIE" at dearest leader, it was because he had lied?

LWW

Qtec
11-06-2009, 09:20 AM
What a surprise. You haven't a clue.

Imagine if you can, that YOU are a Mexican working ILLEGALLY in the USA. If the first Q is "are you an American citizen" what do you think he would say?

Get it now?

Guess not............Q

Qtec
11-06-2009, 09:27 AM
It was not just <span style='font-size: 20pt'>what</span> he said but WHEN he said it.

Q

pooltchr
11-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Ed.
Census information is used when determining how congressional districts are drawn up, and how many representatives are given to each state.

Considering the millions (estimated) of illegals there are in the country, and that a large majority would be located in larger metropolitan areas, which generally lean more left than right, if you were a Democrat, wouldn't you want to count as many people in these areas as possible.

The Dems are known for a history of including the dead in votes, particularly in Chicago if my memory of history is correct, why would you be surprised that they would also want to count non-citizens?

Steve

Qtec
11-06-2009, 10:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Imagine if you can, that YOU are a Mexican working ILLEGALLY in the USA. If the first Q is "are you an American citizen" what do you think he would say?</div></div>

ie asking that Q would FK the census up.

Q......geez

eg8r
11-06-2009, 10:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Dems are known for a history of including the dead in votes, particularly in Chicago if my memory of history is correct, why would you be surprised that they would also want to count non-citizens?</div></div>No, it is the Reps that want to ask the question and the Dems voting it down. My guess is that they are trying to stay strict to the rules of no partisan questions. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
11-06-2009, 10:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a surprise. You haven't a clue.</div></div>LOL, this coming from you is quite hilarious. When have you ever had a clue let alone be able to identify an instance where another would not? You see I am the one that corrected myself, but you would never understand that anyways.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Imagine if you can, that YOU are a Mexican working ILLEGALLY in the USA. If the first Q is "are you an American citizen" what do you think he would say?</div></div>The illegal Mexican is already in this country as an illegal thus he/she is prone to lying. They will lie when answering the question and say Yes. So what is your point? If you think the question does not benefit the census or add value then why not just say that?

eg8r

eg8r
11-06-2009, 10:45 AM
How would asking that question screw anything up? The person is already here under a lie. How would them lying and saying "yes I am a citizen" screw anything up? I honestly don't think the question would add any value because people who are acting illegally are not trustworthy in the first place.

eg8r

LWW
11-06-2009, 12:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was not just <span style='font-size: 20pt'>what</span> he said but WHEN he said it.

Q </div></div>

Being a follower of cowardly liberalism I understand your point.

It takes courage to call a liar out on national TV with the liar present.

LWW

wolfdancer
11-06-2009, 06:44 PM
I don't see why anybody would object when they are asked
"ver are your papers?"
They might have to close down industry in Tx and Ala, if they are going to be fussy about citizenship

pooltchr
11-06-2009, 10:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't see why anybody would object when they are asked
"ver are your papers?"
They might have to close down industry in Tx and Ala, if they are going to be fussy about citizenship </div></div>

Maybe if we got rid of the illegal alien invaders, unemployment of actual AMERICANS might not be so high!

Steve

wolfdancer
11-06-2009, 11:15 PM
maybe, but they are willing to work cheap, work ot without pay, don't want to join unions, and don't worry about pensions or HC.
They are a RW employers dream come true, any employers dream come true. I had a crew of Hispanics working for me, and hired one of their brothers, who was being screwed over by the woman who owned the small business he worked in. He did work through his lunch hour, had no breaks, and often worked OT for free. He was a legal immigrant, but she thought she could and did take advantage of him. when i left that Company, he was now an apprentice mechanic, and making good pay. He could even go pee, without asking the boss first....and to really top it off, I convinced him to file a wage claim against her...I don't know the outcome though. ( Yeah, I know, liberal crap that you can't stand, since WalMart virtually does the same thing )
I saw the Same take advantage crap, this time against Phillippinos at a workplace connected with the Marine Corps, but doubt that they had official knowledge of it. Many workers had two time cards so that they could punch out on one, punch in on the other, to save on O.T wages....like often a 12 or even a 16 hr day.
But I guess it's all Obama's fault and the left which doesn't understand, etc.
In reality what would happen if they were all sent back across the border, the industry would relocate there, so folks look the other way and don't turn the employers in.
I worked for Trailways in the early 70's, the buses that they used to build in Brownsville, Tx, they now built in Mexico and just across the border, I believe. If you compiled a list of the top 20 union-hating, union busting companies, they would be on that list, but still no challenge to WalMart

Gayle in MD
11-07-2009, 07:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">maybe, but they are willing to work cheap, work ot without pay, don't want to join unions, and don't worry about pensions or HC.
They are a RW employers dream come true, any employers dream come true. I had a crew of Hispanics working for me, and hired one of their brothers, who was being screwed over by the woman who owned the small business he worked in. He did work through his lunch hour, had no breaks, and often worked OT for free. He was a legal immigrant, but she thought she could and did take advantage of him. when i left that Company, he was now an apprentice mechanic, and making good pay. He could even go pee, without asking the boss first....and to really top it off, I convinced him to file a wage claim against her...I don't know the outcome though. ( Yeah, I know, liberal crap that you can't stand, since WalMart virtually does the same thing )
I saw the Same take advantage crap, this time against Phillippinos at a workplace connected with the Marine Corps, but doubt that they had official knowledge of it. Many workers had two time cards so that they could punch out on one, punch in on the other, to save on O.T wages....like often a 12 or even a 16 hr day.
But I guess it's all Obama's fault and the left which doesn't understand, etc.
In reality what would happen if they were all sent back across the border, the industry would relocate there, so folks look the other way and don't turn the employers in.
I worked for Trailways in the early 70's, the buses that they used to build in Brownsville, Tx, they now built in Mexico and just across the border, I believe. If you compiled a list of the top 20 union-hating, union busting companies, they would be on that list, but still no challenge to WalMart </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Guess the right hasn't heard it's no longer fashionable to ask people if they're American citizens, since the right hates the AMERICAN government. </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

<span style="color: #000066">Now, I think I recall how Republicans handle skewing our elections, they just redraw the district lines to advantage their party, what was that guys name, Delay? Who would have thought that his name would one day become the <span style='font-size: 14pt'>entire Republican Political Strategic Policy! </span><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Delay, delay, delay</span>...and at a time when Bush smashed up America, and the Dems have to try to glue things back together again....somehow!</span>

Sev
11-07-2009, 08:58 AM
To ask if a person is a citizen of the US is quite obviously racist, politically incorrect and racial profiling.

This is America after all. The entire planet is entitled to live here if they wish. No matter what we think.

That anybody would think that it has anything to to do with stacking political district lines is simply outrageous. No self respecting politician would ever participate in such underhanded shenanigans.