PDA

View Full Version : Democratics Make History! Bravo!

Gayle in MD
11-08-2009, 04:15 AM
Never again will insurance companies be allowed to turn away people who are ill, nor use "Pre-existing Condition" as a trumped up reason for dropping them, or refusing them, health care coverage.

After a hundred years, and many previous efforts, Democratics have passed the Health Care Bill, in the Congress, in spite of the GPO - Grand Obstructionist Party's efforts to derail the health Bill, in financial favor of the corproate fascist pigs, who run the Insurance industry, and their own campaign contributions, over the best interests of the AMerican People!!!

The Republican effort, if you can call it that, failed...good, since it cost much more money, and helped far less people, according to the CBO....

Bravo, President Obama, Speaker Pelosi, Majority Leader, Reid, and Majority whip, Steny Hoyer, a very old and dear friend, of whom I am very proud.

Thanks to all Democratic Representatives, for all the long hours and hard work for the benefit of all Americans.

This is truly an historic day, and cause for celebration!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
G.

jayalley
11-08-2009, 05:24 AM
OH, PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will so much NOT be what you think it is....when it begins to take effect in FOUR (4!) years.

There is plenty of time to change it and water down the more extreme elements (or junk it all together) before then...

...when centrists and independents are back in power.

Ha, ha, ha!!!

jayalley
11-08-2009, 05:35 AM
I might also add that, before then, the cuts in Medicare (which are INEVITABLE and which they have already sheepishly confessed to) WILL take effect and seniors will rightly see that this "bill" is a broad transfer of healthcare from them to the young.

Dead on arrival in the heartland.

Sorry to ruin the bloated melodramatic jubilation above.

Ha, ha, ha!

pooltchr
11-08-2009, 08:07 AM
They couldn't pass it without the strong arm tactics typical from Chicago style politics. Obama met behind closed doors with dems Saturday morning. Dems were told that those who vote against the bill could expect to lose committee chairmanships.

I also doubt many of them had even read the bill, or know what is in it. They just blindly followed their leader.

Over 100 new government agencies!!!!!!!!

And the left will tell us this isn't a government takeover of healthcare!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

pooltchr
11-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Gayle,
Making history is not necessarily a good thing. The attack on Pearl Harbor made history. The terrorist attacks on 9/11 made history. The assination of JFK made history.

None of those events were good for our country!

Your party is destroying this country at an unprecedented rate. In just 10 months, your leader has spent 2 trillion dollars on two bills. That comes to about <span style='font-size: 20pt'>200 billion dollars per month!</span>

Be proud!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

jayalley
11-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Right you are, pooltchr.

The true cost of this wealth transfer fiasco isn't remotely known and appreciated yet....nor is the method of financing it.

And "they" admit that.

Well, that's not totally honest......on July 31, Barney Frank stated that he wanted to pay for this plan with massive cuts in defense spending. We have "too much now".

Obama is already cutting the navy down to 268 ships...
and to 10 carrier groups instead of the 12-15 that we need.

Welcome to Gayle's world.

pooltchr
11-08-2009, 09:53 AM
I forgot to mention the other thug like arm twisting that took place. George Soros funded Move-on.org promised to fund the opponents of any democrat who opposed the bill. So Dems were pretty much told, "If you don't vote for this bill, we will do our best to strip you of any power you have in office, and to make sure you do not get elected again"

Kinda makes a sensible person wonder what is so bad about this bill, that they had to pull stunts like this in order to get support from within their own party.

Steve

jayalley
11-08-2009, 12:58 PM
DEMOCRATS THROW ELDERLY UNDER THE BUS IN FAVOR OF THE TRIAL LAWYERS IN HOUSE BILL

As several observers have noted, the Republicans tried to insert a motion for tort reform that would have used the savings of AT LEAST 56 BILLION dollars (Shumer has admitted this) in order to preserve access by senior citizens to Medicare Advantage. So..... now all the second rate left wing talent on this forum pay attention (that means you, Gayle)....the Republicans presented a choice: our seniors or the trial lawyers. Of course the Democrats chose the trial felony industry over the sick elderly with a party line vote.

You can already see the 2010 campaign ads.

pooltchr
11-08-2009, 02:25 PM
The final vote was 220-215. Considering all the arm twisting and threats that were made to get it passed, I don't see how they can be feeling real good about it. 3 votes the other way and it would have died. Kinda blows the theory that "the vast majority" wanted the bill. It was slightly over half, and many of those votes were gained under duress.

Thuggery at it's worst.

Steve

wolfdancer
11-08-2009, 03:43 PM
I never thought it would pass...did they have to hold a pistol to anybody's head, besides the lone wolf Republican, to get them to sign? It would be ironic, if one of these "America is doomed now" (just like the European countries that have had national health care for decades?), one of these dissenters here ended up benefiting from it's enactment? I'm not wishing that on anyone as when I wake up each morn....first thing I do is check all the body parts to see if they are still working, before I say "Hello, world".
Given the odds that as we age, sh*t happens, I'd say there was a good chance.
I don't need to read the objection posts that are on this thread as.....what was that old saw about crying over spilt milk?
That might be apropos here?

jayalley
11-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Didn't read the "objection" posts above, LAPDANCER? Ha!

If you just want to lap up to Gayle, then PM her.

Gayle in MD
11-08-2009, 04:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never thought it would pass...did they have to hold a pistol to anybody's head, besides the lone wolf Republican, to get them to sign? It would be ironic, if one of these "America is doomed now" (just like the European countries that have had national health care for decades?), one of these dissenters here ended up benefiting from it's enactment? I'm not wishing that on anyone as when I wake up each morn....first thing I do is check all the body parts to see if they are still working, before I say "Hello, world".
Given the odds that as we age, sh*t happens, I'd say there was a good chance.
I don't need to read the objection posts that are on this thread as.....what was that old saw about crying over spilt milk?
That might be apropos here? </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">I wish you caould have seen the big blowhard show they put on. If you missed it you can see much of it on the net. More Republican obstructionism, they stooped to yelling out "Objection! Objection" over and over, while Democratics had the floor. The Republicans made total asses of themselves! Total skum!

One reporter ran them down and not one of them knew how many people in their districts were without health insruance! NOT ONE!

They are the laziest P'os ever! All their grandstanding, and whining that they didn't have a chance to read the bill, I guess not, with all their grandstanding on the steps, at tea parties, and with their mugs in front of the camera, no wonder they didn't have time to read the damn bill

G.</span>

cushioncrawler
11-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Well dunn (some) dems and obama.
USofA iz lucky to hav obama.
Lots more to do.
madMac.

wolfdancer
11-08-2009, 05:36 PM
It might be harder to exact kickbacks from the medical industry, then say the war industry, where these can be more safely hidden.
I did a great thing yesterday...I'm proud of myself.
I went to a pre-Thanksgiving pot luck dinner, at the local community church...good food, nice people. I had to sing for my supper, a bit, but I would pretend to be a Republican, for a free meal.
But that ain't what I iz so proud of. I put the jaybird on my "permanently ignore:warning, reading his contents may be detri-mental to your mental health" list. It's one thing to try to dicuss politics here in an adult manner, even though we haven't hit that highwater mark yet....it's still another to read that ****...but that's just my opinion and I could be right, no pun intended.

Sev
11-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Cowards put people on ignore.

jayalley
11-08-2009, 08:02 PM
LAPDANCER, what a little weenie (and a phony) you are.

Nobody on this forum really believes that Gayle doesn't read the posters on her "ignore" list. It just protects her from having to respond to people that she can't handle.

Now, you will pretend to do the same....and I'll keep addressing you because we all know that you'll be reading us.

wolfdancer
11-08-2009, 08:33 PM
What you fail to unnerstand, and this because of your own enthrallment, like lww's, with your own posts "how can they not read my very important post?"...is that the ignore button allows one to be discretionary, about which of your VIPs, I, She, may want to read...usually dictated by the contents of the post that you are replying to.
I don't have you on total ignore...but probably wouldn't be reading one where you are just seconding the great thoughts and learned opinions of the lww ringmaster for your little circus troupe.
Pretty obvious that I do read your exalted posts, I just don't hang on your every word.They are Great though to take into the bathroom to induce peristalsis.
Take "teach's " replies on this thread...since they aren't addressed to me....ain't no reason to read that trash.....

Kerbouchard
11-08-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm all for it. Congrats to the Obama Administration. They are indeed making history, and Obama will indeed be remembered.

The American people voted for these people and they deserve what they get. Personally, I'm happy about it.

I don't believe our country can be recovered, and I would rather live in the rebuilding age than the decline.

Anything they do to wreck the country is good for me...I just hope they total it so we can start from scratch.

When our citizens went from buying what they can afford to buying what they can get on 'credit', I believe our country was doomed.

Our economists tell us that we need to go into debt more, both as citizens and as a country, in order to save our economy.

Our commander in chief tells us that the way to secure our safety is not to build up our military forces, but to reduce military spending and that our road to safety is through meetings and cooperation with people who do not recognize our right to exist.

Our teachers and professors teach us that it is more important to share our wealth than to actually produce it.

And finally, our citizens believe that the way to save our country is to grow our government at the expense of our tax payers. Of course, they never mention the fact that the government produces absolutely nothing and is dependent upon the producers in order to redistribute what they produce in the first place.

Please tell me; how, with such an asinine outlook of the world and the way it works, our country can succeed?

And if success is not possible, shouldn't we wish for the fastest failure possible in order to rebuild while some of us still remember what our country was built upon in the first place?

wolfdancer
11-08-2009, 09:55 PM
You can always immigrate, if you don't want to ride out the storm and "ask not what the country...etc"
You can go from being an "original" here, to becoming an Aborigine in Australia ( bad pun )

Gayle in MD
11-09-2009, 01:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well dunn (some) dems and obama.
USofA iz lucky to hav obama.
Lots more to do.
madMac. </div></div>

right you are, friend, and he's just the guy who can do it, too. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

eg8r
11-09-2009, 10:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">one of these dissenters here ended up benefiting from it's enactment? </div></div>Well you are closer than I so let me know what you think of the death panel gramps. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r