PDA

View Full Version : Republican Hero Blows Away RW LIES about Obama

Gayle in MD
11-08-2009, 01:37 PM
As the RW lies are spread about, regarding our president's honorable efforts to encourage passage of Health Care Reform, and twisted by the radical right, (all that is lefft of the Republican Party, the Grand Old Obstructionist Party) the lone Republican hero, who voted his conscience, in the interests of his constituents, clearly dispells them. He tells the story of the Presidents talks with him, and of both his, and the president's honorable intentions and commitment to help to re-build his hurricane torn district, with or without any agreement to vote for the Bill....

Two men with the courage to fight for Americans, who are dying, without any concern from the Republican obstructionists, who have consistantly protected the unprofessional, heartless Health Care Industry, an industry which builds it's profits on refusing health care to ill Americans.

Video, Here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/08/joseph-cao-voting-for-hea_n_349929.html

More here:

http://www.casavaria.com/cafesentido/200...r-health-lobby/ (http://www.casavaria.com/cafesentido/2009/11/08/5046/health-vote-update-cao-hill-favor-constituents-over-health-lobby/)

jayalley
11-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Ha, ha, ha......you're kidding, right !??

A tribute to the courageous ONE (R), I repeat, ONE (R) who voted for this unfundable bill. (From Huffington Post, natch.)

Hey, Gayle, why not some tear jerk/heartwarming stories from the 39 DEMOCRATS who voted with the "heartless health care industry"?

I know that you're just having some fun with us benighted and inferior common folk. You're a scream.

Gayle in MD
11-08-2009, 02:32 PM
And here, more proof that falacies are being spread around about the Virginia Election:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A Research 2000 Virginia Poll conducted for the Progressive Change Campaign Committee reveals that 64 percent of Virginia voters who supported Barack Obama said that the party's gubernatorial candidate, Creigh Deeds, was "not progressive enough." Driving the point home even further, 58 percent of Virginia voters who are registered as Independent but supported Obama in 2008 election, likewise, said that Deeds was "not progressive enough."

The findings cut against the conventional wisdom that emerged from the 2009 gubernatorial elections, which held that Democrats lost in Virginia and (to a lesser extent) New Jersey by not pushing more moderate positions.

Only eight percent of Democratic Obama voters in Virginia and 16 percent of Independent Obama voters in Virginia said they thought Deeds was "too far to the left."

In its survey, PCCC also looks at how a public option for insurance coverage played in the Virginia governor's race. And it concludes that Deeds was hurt by his opposition to the public plan. Forty-one percent of respondents said that Deeds declaration that he would "opt-out" of a public plan as governor made them less excited about his candidacy. Only Six percent said it made them more excited.

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/08/tv-soundoff-sunday-talkin_n_349910.html&cp </div></div>

then there is this: the truth about what the President told the Democratics, with no mention of committee Chairmanships, BTW...as the Faux Noise Channel has purported...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In a final push to get health care reform through the House of Representatives, President Barack Obama warned lawmakers on Saturday that a vote against the legislation would not immunize them from Republican attacks.

The president, according multiple attendees, played the role of political prognosticator during his roughly 30 minute address before Democratic caucus members on Capitol Hill. Addressing, implicitly, those conservative Democrats who are worried about voting for a nearly trillion dollar health care overhaul, he insisted that they would not be safe from partisan attacks even if they opposed the bill.

"He certainly talked about the politics and he said that the Republicans want us to fail and no one should feel if they as a Democrat helped us to fail that they would be [free of their attacks]," said Rep. Henry Waxman, chair of the powerful Energy and Commerce Committee.

"None of you can expect the Republicans not to go after you if you vote against this bill," Waxman continued, channeling the president. "They want this bill to go down for their own partisan reasons."

Another high-ranking Democratic Hill staffer briefed on the meeting put it this way: "Obama's main message was that the GOP won't go any easier on you if you vote against the bill. It's a tough vote, yes, but they're going to take heat either way."

While politics took up much of the discussion, policy took up very little. Obama, according to several lawmakers, did not talk about the public option or the controversial amendment to make abortion restrictions much tighter. He discussed, primarily, the momentous nature of the vote and the need for the party to be on history's right side.

"This is the moment," said Rep. Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.) That this is what we all went into politics for, that this was a historic moment, that seven presidents have tried to pass health care and haven't done it, and that this was a moment like civil rights or Social Security or Medicare."

In particular, Obama singled out Rep. John Dingell -- the longest serving member of the House -- who, on Saturday, presided over chamber for first time since the 1965 House vote to pass Medicare.

"He thanked all the chairs [of the committees involved in developing the health care bill]," said Rep. Joe Crowley (D-N.Y). "He thanked all leadership and he mentioned specifically John Dingell."

By the meeting's end, the vast majority of the attending lawmakers seemed confident of health care reform's passage -- though certainly there is the potential for flare-ups as the abortion amendment introduced by Rep. Bart Stupak (D-Mich.) comes to consideration.

"We are feeling pretty optimistic that we can defeat this," said Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.), a primary opponent of the amendment.

"Democracy is not pretty but it works," said Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), another opponent of the Stupak amendment. "I was here in 1993 when the ship went down," she said, referencing the Clinton administration's failed attempt to pass health reform. "This thing isn't going down."

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/07/obama-to-dems-gop-will-at_n_349546.html&cp </div></div>

Bravo Obama, just what I was hoping for, F- the obstructionist Republicans. Onward on reform, re-regulating the financial industry, creating more jobs through renewable energy, removing subsidies for corporations which outsource our jobs, improving education for our children's futures, and once we dig all the way out of the Bush Depression.............
there will be time enough to attack the deficits, by eventually going back to the tax structure of the Clinton era, and by saving costs for Medicare and Medicaid through Health Care Reform.

Republicans apparently do not want their tax money to go to helping women who are raped, or will die in childbirth, to have any money for an abortion. Why does that not surprise me one bit!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

But then, they are the party of racist, sexist, nutcases

http://www.casavaria.com/cafesentido/200...m-to-holocaust/ (http://www.casavaria.com/cafesentido/2009/11/06/5017/bachmann-rally-compares-health-reform-to-holocaust/)

pooltchr
11-08-2009, 02:39 PM
It's odd that the left talks about this bill in vague terms, and all the talk about compassion and helping the seniors, etc...while the right addresses specific parts of the bill, and why they are bad for the country.

How much do you think adding over 100 government agencies will cost the taxpayers, and how will we pay for it all?
Or is that Obama's plan to deal with unemployment...create more government jobs???????

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

jayalley
11-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Sigh....what would we do without you to uphold truth and justice?

(As you theatrically remind us constantly.)

wolfdancer
11-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Gayle,
Hope you are taking Sunday off as a respite from the continual insane/hate filled, "fantasy island" posts and and their bs replies from the (we're not going) green meanies here...
Sometimes I feel that you and I are the only sane ones on the board ....and then sometimes,
I'm not even so sure about you /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

" Well I don't know why I came here tonight,
I got the feeling that something ain't right,
I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair,
And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs,
Clowns to the left of me,
Jokers to the right, here I am,
Stuck in the middle"

Kerbouchard
11-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Oh, come on guys. We know that the government always makes things more efficient and cost effective. What's the worst that could happen?

wolfdancer
11-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Benighted.....I like it, and it takes a big men to....

wolfdancer
11-08-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm glad that it has passed, but wonder if we can shoulder the costs? At least there is a 4 year window to further address the situation, and with Obama still at the helm....much to the dismay of the "real Americans" here, hopefully they will be able to prevent another billions dollar scam like the one associated with
one of the "what's wrong with the boys making some money" bushmen.
And hope that claims here about the "Bladerunner" type panels led by blackwater, to keep the costs down are jes rumors...

wolfdancer
11-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Damn, but that seems to be a post without insults, expressing hate, or even any vague threats....you might lose your membership in the "Freedom Fighters" club
The worse that go go wrong is we have to give China Fla, and ALa, to pay off our ever mounting debt.
I don't know what the worse is, and don't know where the $$ will come from. We don't seem to have anything to sell to other countries, but we do buy from them....I seem to remember reading something about an imbalance of trade affecting monetary units???

pooltchr
11-08-2009, 10:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> At least there is a 4 year window to further address the situation,</div></div>

Good point. The government is going to be collecting the money for 4 years before the first person feels any benefit. So the 1.2 trillion estimated price tag in the first 10 years is in reality only the first 6 years, after paying for it in the first 4 years. Imagine what the cost is going to be for the 10 years from 2013 to 2022! I'm betting it will be well over 2 trillion, and will just go up from there.

Of course, we will only have to pay our 20% of our income for healthcare coverage. Our kids will be paying that plus the bills that we are going to be running up!

There were plenty of individual steps that could have been taken to address specific issues. For example, Obama said competition would be good. So why is there no provision to allow healthcare across state lines. That would seem to increase competition quite a bit, which, according to Obama would reduce costs.

Rather than a wholesale takeover of the industry by the government, wouldn't it make more sense to just fix the parts that are broken?

Steve

Gayle in MD
11-09-2009, 01:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle,
Hope you are taking Sunday off as a respite from the continual insane/hate filled, "fantasy island" posts and and their bs replies from the (we're not going) green meanies here...
Sometimes I feel that you and I are the only sane ones on the board ....and then sometimes,
I'm not even so sure about you /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

" Well I don't know why I came here tonight,
I got the feeling that something ain't right,
I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair,
And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs,
Clowns to the left of me,
Jokers to the right, here I am,
Stuck in the middle" </div></div>With you, baby, stuck in the middle with you.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Hey, I do like the middle. Not too gar right, not too far left, just kind of right in the middle. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
11-09-2009, 01:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm glad that it has passed, but wonder if we can shoulder the costs? At least there is a 4 year window to further address the situation, and with Obama still at the helm....much to the dismay of the "real Americans" here, hopefully they will be able to prevent another billions dollar scam like the one associated with
one of the "what's wrong with the boys making some money" bushmen.
And hope that claims here about the "Bladerunner" type panels led by blackwater, to keep the costs down are jes rumors... </div></div>

LOL. well, Bush's debts are still uncalculable, but mathmaticians are still wroking on it.

He cost the country five trillion dollars in tax cuts, and borrowed more money than all preivous administrations combined...we know that much, then there was that litttle three trillion dollar war in Iraq, but only China knows the skinny on the Bush deficits, with interest, and they're not spreading it around.

The one thing we do know is that only the wealthy got anything out of Bush, and even some of them lost money in the beloved, unemcumbered by regulations, Free Market...

funny how they're all touting Ayn Rand, these days, huh?

I mean, she turned her husband into her wife, was an athiest, screwed her young married student, held orgies, and hid her true background from the public.

Come to think of it, she does sound like a Republican!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
11-09-2009, 06:09 AM
What's odd is that we have people who are stupid enough to believe that the problem is health care which is too expensive and millions of uninsured Americans and the answer is a bill which increases health care costs and leaves us with millions of uninsured Americans.

LWW