PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Reps exposed

Qtec
11-09-2009, 06:48 AM
They just don't care.

unreal (http://crooksandliars.com/mike-stark/three-unreal-videos-0)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Three unreal videos</span>
By Mike Stark Sunday Nov 08, 2009 8:00am

Last week over at StarkReports.com, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>I began asking Republican opponents of health care reform if they could tell me how many of their constituents are uninsured. I asked Joe Wilson, Steve King, Jim DeMint, Darryl Issa and Virginia Foxx. None of them could answer the question.</span>

<u>Today, after months of debate,</u> the House vote is upon us. Steve King decided to rally the tea-baggers on the Capitol lawn one more time. About 15-25 other Republicans joined him on the stage at various times. I caught several of them as they made their way between their offices, the chamber and the rally. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Once again, not a single republican I spoke with knew how many of their constituents are uninsured. The lonely guy in the middle of the video that did know? That's Dan Boren, a Blue Dog Democrat from Oklahoma...</span> </div></div>

<u>They don't know, they don't want to know..they don't care.</u>
It shows that this HC Insurance industry backed campaign, this GOP 'intifada' of total non- cooperation and disinformation, in the cause of saving America from whatever 'ísm' it is they are calling it this week, is a sham.
When the whole Bill is about insuring the uninsured and you don't even know how many people in your district are without HC..............?

Q

Gayle in MD
11-09-2009, 07:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They just don't care.

unreal (http://crooksandliars.com/mike-stark/three-unreal-videos-0)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Three unreal videos</span>
By Mike Stark Sunday Nov 08, 2009 8:00am

Last week over at StarkReports.com, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>I began asking Republican opponents of health care reform if they could tell me how many of their constituents are uninsured. I asked Joe Wilson, Steve King, Jim DeMint, Darryl Issa and Virginia Foxx. None of them could answer the question.</span>

<u>Today, after months of debate,</u> the House vote is upon us. Steve King decided to rally the tea-baggers on the Capitol lawn one more time. About 15-25 other Republicans joined him on the stage at various times. I caught several of them as they made their way between their offices, the chamber and the rally. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Once again, not a single republican I spoke with knew how many of their constituents are uninsured. The lonely guy in the middle of the video that did know? That's Dan Boren, a Blue Dog Democrat from Oklahoma...</span> </div></div>

<u>They don't know, they don't want to know..they don't care.</u>
It shows that this HC Insurance industry backed campaign, this GOP 'intifada' of total non- cooperation and disinformation, in the cause of saving America from whatever 'ísm' it is they are calling it this week, is a sham.
When the whole Bill is about insuring the uninsured and you don't even know how many people in your district are without HC..............?

Q </div></div>

Excellent post, Q. I spent some time last week calling each of their offices asking the same question of their staffs, and not a single one had the aswer to "Could you please tell me how many uninsured reside in Congressman/Senator *****'s district/state."

DUH!

Obstructionism from the Grand Obstructionist Party! They are truly repulsive. You should have seen them screaming like idiots when the Florida Congressman began reading the names of the dead (due to no health care insurance) on the House Floor! It was the picture of arrogance and elitism, particularly when one knows that they have the best H.C. money can buy, and our dead and dying, along with the rest of us, have paid for THEM to have the best.

PIGS!

G.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Kerbouchard
11-09-2009, 07:48 AM
What difference does it make how many of their constituents are uninsured? The government has NO authority to insure the populace.

If you don't like the Constitution the way it is and you don't like the limits of the federal government, you need to have an Amendment drafted and attempt to get it passed through the proper channels.

The American people are sick of the government exceeding their authority and you're going to see a lot of these clueless bureaucrats lose their jobs in the upcoming elections.

pooltchr
11-09-2009, 08:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[Excellent post, Q. I spent some time last week calling each of their offices asking the same question of their staffs, and not a single one had the aswer to "Could you please tell me how many uninsured reside in Congressman/Senator *****'s district/state."

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif </div></div>

Sp the answer to the problem is to force people to buy insurance that is approved by the government, or face heafty fines from the government for not buying it????????????????????????

THAT should make things better financially for everybody!!!!!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

Gayle in MD
11-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Here you go Q, some "Conservatives" discuss the hypocracy and insanity of the current Republican mantra!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfJVgTqhU5w

Proof of the stupidity on this forum!

pooltchr
11-09-2009, 09:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Proof of the stupidity on this forum! </div></div>

Yes, that is exactly what you are!

Steve

Qtec
11-09-2009, 09:37 AM
This is better.

link (http://crooksandliars.com/nicole-belle/rep-defazio-gop-plan-if-youve-got-pro)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Woot! I love it when we get some plain-spoken truth on the House Floor. Such a refreshing change from the Republican lies and fear-mongering.</span>

The Republican record defies their rhetoric. <u>Remember their so-called Prescription Drug Benefit for Seniors passed in the dark of the night?<span style="color: #3333FF">Calling Steve!</span> No one read the bill, didn’t know what was in it.<span style="color: #000099">Hello?</span> Cost 700 billion dollars ‘cause that was subsidizing the pharmaceutical and insurance industry. But now, they’re worried about costs. It gave the seniors a donut hole.</u>

Now their concern is not about what they’re stating. It’s about their patrons in the insurance industry. Because this bill has real reforms of the worst abuses of the insurance industry. It takes away their unfair anti-trust immunity, so they can no longer collude to drive up premium prices or restrict coverages. The Republicans would continue the anti-trust exemption. This bill outlaws the unfair pre-existing condition restriction. Republicans would continue that for the insurance industry. This bill would not allow the industry to cancel your policy even though you’ve been paying your premiums when you get sick. It’s called recission. The Republicans allowed that abuse to continue. This bill, on our side, outlaws the small print that limits your lifetime coverage, which bankrupts families every day in America. The Republicans allow it to continue.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'><u>And that’s not enough. They’ve opened up a new loophole, their so-called national plaQ<span style='font-size: 8pt'></span>n: a company would only be regulated by the laws of the state in which it was based when it sold you a policy. </u>If you live in Oregon, but you bought a policy that was written--and oh, by the way, they expand the definition of state to include the territories in the Mariana Islands—<u>so if you’ve got a problem, call the Mariana Islands Insurance Commissioner. That’s the Republican plan and profits to the insurance industry!</u></span> </div></div>

Q

LWW
11-09-2009, 10:33 AM
The number of uninsured in America is whatever Obama says it is.

LWW

wolfdancer
11-09-2009, 10:59 AM
I don't blame you for being angry...this Bill passing after all your, yours and the others here, hard work at defeating it....failed!!!
As an expression of sympathy I am:
"Playing the world's saddest song on the world's smallest violin"
for you

pooltchr
11-09-2009, 11:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't blame you for being angry...this Bill passing after all your, yours and the others here, hard work at defeating it....failed!!!
As an expression of sympathy I am:
"Playing the world's saddest song on the world's smallest violin"
for you
</div></div>

I guess it just proves the ignorance of the majority of our representatives...a fact many of us have known for quite some time!

Steve

LWW
11-09-2009, 11:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't blame you for being angry...this Bill passing</div></div>

<span style='font-family: Arial Black'><span style='font-size: 26pt'><u>IT DID?</u></span></span>

We all know who slept through civics class don't we.

LWW

wolfdancer
11-09-2009, 02:21 PM
I think they should change their name from the tea party, party, to the "Tea and Sympathy" party...
and in regards to their current disarray/expose, deny-a....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Years from now when you talk about this - and you will - be kind. </div></div>

Qtec
11-10-2009, 08:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What difference does it make how many of their constituents are uninsured? The government has NO authority to insure the populace.</div></div>

Really. Why is auto insurance compulsory?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you don't like the Constitution the way it is and you don't like the limits of the federal government, you need to have an Amendment drafted and attempt to get it passed through the proper channels. </div></div>

Again, why is auto insurance compulsory? Was there a change in the USCON when that became law?

It was a nice dodge but it doesn't show the GOP are not a bunch of a-holes, who OTOH are SO fanatic about HC but seem to know NOTHING about it.............NOT EVEN what's happening to the people who they are supposed to represent.

Everyone will in their lifetime require medical help, that's a fact. The Q is , who pays for it when they get sick?
At the moment, the uninsured cost the taxpayer Billions of $ that could be saved, only if they had a doctor for preventative treatment and were insured so that a trip to the Emergency doesn't cost $ 20,000!

Look at this way, a person who cannot even afford basic medical insurance can never pay a $20,000 bill!........unless they sell their home of course!...........if they still have one. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Years ago they came to the conclusion that people who drive their cars recklessly [ or not ] and cause a lot of damage to other people property etc , should pay.
Every one should have HC Ins and every one should pay. End of story.

I guess the point is that the GOP-Tea Party mob are in the pockets of the HC Ins industry.
When asked a simple Q about they facts, they go into the robotic "Govt takeover, death panels, etc crap" mode.

How anyone could believe psycho M Bachmaan is beyond me.

Q .....

pooltchr
11-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Auto insurance is mandated by the states, not by Washington. And the only required insurance is the insurance that protects other drivers from any damage caused by you. You are not required to have insurance on yourself or even your vehicle (unless it is being financed, in which case it is required to protect the finance company)

See the difference?

Steve

Gayle in MD
11-10-2009, 09:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What difference does it make how many of their constituents are uninsured? The government has NO authority to insure the populace.</div></div>

Really. Why is auto insurance compulsory?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you don't like the Constitution the way it is and you don't like the limits of the federal government, you need to have an Amendment drafted and attempt to get it passed through the proper channels. </div></div>

Again, why is auto insurance compulsory? Was there a change in the USCON when that became law?

It was a nice dodge but it doesn't show the GOP are not a bunch of a-holes, who OTOH are SO fanatic about HC but seem to know NOTHING about it.............NOT EVEN what's happening to the people who they are supposed to represent.

Everyone will in their lifetime require medical help, that's a fact. The Q is , who pays for it when they get sick?
At the moment, the uninsured cost the taxpayer Billions of $ that could be saved, only if they had a doctor for preventative treatment and were insured so that a trip to the Emergency doesn't cost $ 20,000!

Look at this way, a person who cannot even afford basic medical insurance can never pay a $20,000 bill!........unless they sell their home of course!...........if they still have one. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Years ago they came to the conclusion that people who drive their cars recklessly [ or not ] and cause a lot of damage to other people property etc , should pay.
Every one should have HC Ins and every one should pay. End of story.

I guess the point is that the GOP-Tea Party mob are in the pockets of the HC Ins industry.
When asked a simple Q about they facts, they go into the robotic "Govt takeover, death panels, etc crap" mode.

How anyone could believe psycho M Bachmaan is beyond me.

Q ..... </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How anyone could believe psycho M Bachmaan is beyond me. </div></div>

Let's face it, people who think as she does, now comprise the entire Republican electorate, that is all that is left of the Grand Obstructionist Party, religious radicals, with an agenda of forcing everyone in this country to do as they say, and people too stupid to realize what Republican policies lead to, over and over again, with tax cuts, while blowiong money and growing the government. If the right is too stupid to realize the difference between what is a reasonable economic policy during times of economic stability, and what is a reasonable economic policy while teetering on the brink of global disaster, there isn't any hope for any of them to learn anything froom all of this mess...

Republicans refuse to acknowledge that greed and corruption must be addressed. Foreign and domestic oil costs, medical costs, both care and insurance, and corruption on Wall Street, all sucking the life out of our people, and our country, literally.

Since our system of elections is as corrupt as they come, We The People aren't even a blip compared to the special interests who are gouging the hell out of all the rest.

All of it can be solved with public financed elections, no future wars without a draft, and by going to the single payer system for Health Care, which is a human right, IMO.

The way things are set up now, only the poor and the Middle Class bleed to death, either on the battle field, or at the bank....Same set up now as what led to the Great Depression, where a handful of wealthy, ran everything...CEO's in concert with their counterparts in government, who are in bed with one another to get what is good for the rich, keep Goernment oversight to a minimum, and contineu to use taxes from all, to benefit the few, including the corrupt financial relationship between the Military Congressional Industrial Complex.

The system itself, is facsist, not a democracy at all...and we can thank the Supreme Court, who decided to count corrupt corporate America's influence as a right to free speech, money, is free speech, so the more money these "chosen few" have behind them, the louder is their influence, not at all what the founders were aiming for...and not a chance for equality, under such a corrupt system.

The right is so full of contradiction, yapping about no free lunch for the poor and Middle Class, while they're being massively swindled by the wealthy at every turn, and brain washed to think that anything good trickles down to the masses, from the swindlers at the top. Unless all are forced to carry enough insurance to take care of themselves, the set up we have now, which is killing our economy, will continue, uninsured going to the emergency room, and getting the costliest care of all, then passing on the bill to all the rest. Without a dot to dot picture and a crayon, they can't follow....

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
11-10-2009, 09:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think they should change their name from the tea party, party, to the "Tea and Sympathy" party...
and in regards to their current disarray/expose, deny-a....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Years from now when you talk about this - and you will - be kind. </div></div> </div></div>

I think Wanda Sykes had it right, and we should call them the Pee Party, because they always pee all over everything, and then leave a big mess for the left to come in and mop us...hey, we could spell it both ways, pee, and pea, to represent the size of their brains... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif