PDA

View Full Version : Beer may be Good for You

PQQLK9
08-14-2002, 08:27 AM
http://www.msnbc.com/news/793342.asp#BODY
BOTTOMS UP!

9 Ball Girl
08-14-2002, 08:28 AM
What are you kidding me?! It's the nectar of the Gods!

Wendy~~Mmmmm....beer (avid Simpsons fan) /ccboard/images/icons/crazy.gif

08-14-2002, 09:43 AM

Kato
08-14-2002, 09:52 AM
I believe guys can have 2 beers. It's a vicious double standard, 1 beer for the ladies, 2 beers for guys.

Kato~~~must be EXTREMELY healthy

griffith_d
08-14-2002, 11:44 AM
Make mine, Crown and water,...with a twist of lime.

Griff

bluewolf
08-15-2002, 08:42 AM
At one time they thought that 1-2 drinks a week may increase the good level of cholesterol, HDL. Recent research has shown that alcohol is not important in raising HDL levels.

I do remember something funny when I was taking my training in the early 80's to become a Medical Technologist. One of the pathologist said that when he did autopsy,s on heavy drinkers and alchololics that their veins were great but their livers were shot.

their are some physical remedies that the dr will recommend a little wine, like one serving a day.

bluewolf

bluewolf
08-15-2002, 08:47 AM
we have a no drinking rule in our house because i am a recovering alcoholic (11 yrs sober). whitewolf has been very helpful and supportive in this regard.

OTOH, if having one drink would get him off of lipitor, which i think is 1-2 per week, i might bend a little.

bluewolf

TomBrooklyn
08-15-2002, 09:50 AM
This must be why I never get sick.
-TB

Sid_Vicious
08-15-2002, 11:49 AM
My dear ol' dad drank no less than 8-10 beers every night of his life(@17yrs old...), he called it his medicine which I thought to be sarcasm at the time. This man NEVER missed a single day of work in his life for any reason, and as far as I or any of my family members can remember, he was NEVER ever sick. Everybody else in the family of 7 ran the routine of colds, flu and whatever was going around, but not him. To top that off he was always complimented on not looking anything like his age when he hit his 60s...you'd have thought he was 40-something.

I am a firm believer that he had it figured out with his beer routine, which incorporated the followup of a lean steak dinner and a fresh salad, followed by bed time. Yea, beer can be good both for the spirit and the health. I depends on the nature of your habit that makes it "happen" wrong..sid~~~don't worry, be happy