PDA

View Full Version : Dobbs Leaving CNN

Gayle in MD
11-11-2009, 07:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CNN host Lou Dobbs says he is leaving CNN effective immediately.

The longtime host of "Lou Dobbs Tonight" said Wednesday on his show that it would be his last. He said CNN had allowed him to be released from his contact, which would enable him "to pursue new opportunities."

He said he was considering a number of options.

The longest-running anchor on CNN's air, Dobbs was one of the nation's leading financial journalists before turning his program in a more opinionated direction. His persistent advocacy against illegal immigration angered many.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WANTAGE, N.J. (Associated Press) Police in New Jersey are trying to determine who fired a bullet that struck CNN commentator Lou Dobbs' home as his wife stood nearby.

State police Sgt. Stephen Jones says Dobbs' wife and driver were outside the home Oct. 5 when they heard the gunshot. Jones says the bullet didn't penetrate the siding and fell to the ground outside.

Dobbs mentioned the bullet earlier this week on CNN and his radio show.

Dobbs says he had been receiving threatening phone calls for weeks. On his radio show, he connected the gunshot to his advocacy for a crackdown on illegal immigration and to his opponents' rhetoric.

The home is on a farm in Wantage, about 50 miles northwest of New York City.

It is small-game hunting season, but no hunters were seen in the area.

___

</div></div>

Some people don't seem to understand what Domestic Terrorism is.

Shooting at a man's house, because he thinks differently than you do, is domestic terrorism.

I stopped watching Dobbs some time ago, because I began to detect racial overtones in is statements, that I thought went too far.

The man who shot at his house, is, nevertheless, a domestic terrorist. Just as the Anti-abortion radical religious fundamentalists in our country, who loiter outside of abortion clinics, kill doctors and injure others on the scene, are Domestic Terrorists.

An American man in the military who is mentally ill, has a break down, and goes on a shooting spree, is not a domestic terrorist. He is mentally ill.

A General in the Military, who lies about how one of his soldiers is killed, has commited an act that is punishable by five years in prison, and a dishonorable discharge.

A president who lies the country into a war on fake intelligence, is a traitor to his country.

A vice President, who discloses the identity of a NOC CIA Secret Agent, as revenge against someone who exposed his lies to the country, which sent his country to war, has committed treason against his country.

People who wear guns strapped to their legs, in crowds, are unstable, and a threat to everyone there.

A political party which would stoop to using the tragedy of the genocide in Germany, for political purposes, has no integrity.

A news station which intentionally uses propaganda to direct the country to it's owners financial interests, and political ideology, uses fake photographs to distort the truth, slanders people with false statements, is not a News organization, at all, it is a propaganda organization.

G.

LWW
11-12-2009, 01:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CNN host Lou Dobbs says he is leaving CNN effective immediately.

The longtime host of "Lou Dobbs Tonight" said Wednesday on his show that it would be his last. He said CNN had allowed him to be released from his contact, which would enable him "to pursue new opportunities."

He said he was considering a number of options.

The longest-running anchor on CNN's air, Dobbs was one of the nation's leading financial journalists before turning his program in a more opinionated direction. His persistent advocacy against illegal immigration angered many.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WANTAGE, N.J. (Associated Press) Police in New Jersey are trying to determine who fired a bullet that struck CNN commentator Lou Dobbs' home as his wife stood nearby.

State police Sgt. Stephen Jones says Dobbs' wife and driver were outside the home Oct. 5 when they heard the gunshot. Jones says the bullet didn't penetrate the siding and fell to the ground outside.

Dobbs mentioned the bullet earlier this week on CNN and his radio show.

Dobbs says he had been receiving threatening phone calls for weeks. On his radio show, he connected the gunshot to his advocacy for a crackdown on illegal immigration and to his opponents' rhetoric.

The home is on a farm in Wantage, about 50 miles northwest of New York City.

It is small-game hunting season, but no hunters were seen in the area.

___

</div></div>

Some people don't seem to understand what Domestic Terrorism is.

Shooting at a man's house, because he thinks differently than you do, is domestic terrorism.

G. </div></div>

And some people do understand what domestic terrorism is.

This was the moonbat crazy left using violence and intimidation to silence someone who dared question dearest leader and support liberty.

Please, spare us the crocodile tears ... you are at the very least sympathetic to and encouraging of these types of nut jobs.

LWW

pooltchr
11-12-2009, 07:22 AM
If violence comes from the right, it's radical terrorism.
If it comes from the left, they are just misunderstood and need help.

Are we seeing a pattern here????

Steve

Qtec
11-12-2009, 08:17 AM
Scozzafava.........?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This was the moonbat crazy Right using violence and intimidation to silence someone who dared question </div></div>

Jones?......... A RW crusade against him because he calls the GOP a bunch of A-Holes?
How come he does not have a right to an opinion that disagrees with yours?

Where are you on the looney scale.

Rick Santorum or Scozzafava?

Q

eg8r
11-12-2009, 05:28 PM
I am with Gayle, the person is a terrorist.

eg8r

pooltchr
11-12-2009, 05:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am with Gayle, the person is a terrorist.

eg8r </div></div>

??????

I'm confused.

In her post she said
"An American man in the military who is mentally ill, has a break down, and goes on a shooting spree, is not a domestic terrorist. He is mentally ill."

And you agree???

Of course, she made no mention of his being a muslim, nor of his regualr communication with al Q supporters...which would support the terrorist designation for his activities. But as I stated earlier, that would require Obama to admit that there was a terrorist attack on our soil, and on one of our military bases, on his watch.

Obama was awfully quick to jump to judgement against the New Haven police department...but won't say anything about this one. I guess the muslim brotherhood needs to stick together.

Steve

wolfdancer
11-12-2009, 06:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">??????

I'm confused. </div></div>
No need to advertise that, as it is a given.
Ed seems to understand and agree...and we all know that Ed is intelligent, but still a dickweed....so, where does that put you?

pooltchr
11-12-2009, 09:06 PM
When it comes to knowing what kind of person you are, I have no comfusion whatsoever. It's crystal clear!

Steve

wolfdancer
11-12-2009, 09:20 PM
I'm a self admitted jerk.....who can't stand to see other jerks trying to pass themselves off as moralists, intellects, or in the case of one **** here, some kind of Hero.
You write, as others on the wrong side of the aisle do, as though you were sitting on some gold throne, looking down upon others , and judging them for not getting your message....Only throne I picture your crew on has a lid, and a roll of tissue nearby...

pooltchr
11-13-2009, 06:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Only throne I picture your crew on has a lid, and a roll of tissue nearby... </div></div>

Personally, that particular throne is my favorite. It helps keep me from becoming full of shi......

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve

Chopstick
11-13-2009, 07:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
An American man in the military who is mentally ill, has a break down, and goes on a shooting spree, is not a domestic terrorist. He is mentally ill.

G. </div></div>

I'll suppose you believe that OJ and MJ were innocent too. Mental breakdown my a$$. Why did he take the time to research and select a firearm designed specifically to defeat military grade body amour and Kevlar helmets?

eg8r
11-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Oops, sorry, I did not read that. I think he is a terrorist.

eg8r

eg8r
11-13-2009, 08:15 AM
LOL, that is all you will admit to being? Pretty sad but understandable.

eg8r

Deeman3
11-13-2009, 08:18 AM
I guess CNN has now lost the very last of it's 5% audience share? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

DeadCrab
11-13-2009, 09:04 AM
I vote for the perp being an incompetent drunken hunter.

Dobbs has too much size to miss if you are actually aiming at him.

llotter
11-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Like me, Dobbs is a 'birther' so I am glad he has left CNN and hope he moves over to Fox and gets a wider audience.

Gayle in MD
11-13-2009, 06:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

G. </div></div>

I'll suppose you believe that OJ and MJ were innocent too. Mental breakdown my a$$. Why did he take the time to research and select a firearm designed specifically to defeat military grade body amour and Kevlar helmets? </div></div>

Premeditation is not the determining factor in an act of foreign terrorism.

An attack on the United States by al Qaeda, or any other terrorist organization, involves funding from the organization. Specific organized planning, led by a higher authority within the terrorist organization. Training, within the training grounds of the terrorist organization, and/or, trips back and forth in communication with the terrorist organization.

None of this is propagated completely via the net...and is usually put into action using a group of people, and more than one target location.

There simply is nothing about this that point to anything other than a military man, who is psychotic, and should have been removed for observation.

The face that he was a Muslim, obviousl;y became part of that psychological psychosis.

If you or anyone else thinks he is a terrorist, then that would also mean that the DC Sniper, committed an act of terrorism, making it the second terrorist attack during the Bush Administration.

This horrile situation smacks of several things IMO.

We are hurting for counselors for our soldiers who are suffering from PTSD. That has happened because we have never fought a war with four to six deployments, over a long period of time, this being the longest war.

Secondly, the good ol' boys, they do have a way of covering up for one another, don't they...all military....several noticed, and even made statements about his mental issues, but no one turned him in?????

Third, thanks to the National Rifle Association, the efforts of checking into someone's past, has been limited.

This man was an American, a Major in the Military, who, IMO, shouldn't have been promoted, was mentally ill, and was a coward.

To date, there are no indications of an organized terror attack, involving any training, funding, or organizational input from any terrorist organization.

G.

cushioncrawler
11-13-2009, 06:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">......I'll suppose you believe that OJ and MJ were innocent too.......</div></div>Chops -- OJ woz/iz innocent. Even i know that.
madMac.

Chopstick
11-14-2009, 05:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="color: #000099">Nobody said anything about foreign terrorism.</span>

None of this is propagated completely via the net...and is usually put into action using a group of people, and more than one target location.

There simply is nothing about this that point to anything other than a military man, who is psychotic, and should have been removed for observation.

<span style="color: #000099">Nonsense. A terrorist act can be committed by one individual acting alone.</span>

The face that he was a Muslim, obviousl;y became part of that psychological psychosis.

<span style="color: #000099">Religious extremism is not recognized as a mental illness.</span>

If you or anyone else thinks he is a terrorist, then that would also mean that the DC Sniper, committed an act of terrorism, making it the second terrorist attack during the Bush Administration.

<span style="color: #000099">That is correct and he is now a dead terrorist. No offense to Achmed.</span>

We are hurting for counselors for our soldiers who are suffering from PTSD. That has happened because we have never fought a war with four to six deployments, over a long period of time, this being the longest war.

<span style="color: #000099">Length of a war is not a specific determining factor. Soldiers can PTSD from one artillery shell.</span>

Secondly, the good ol' boys, they do have a way of covering up for one another, don't they...all military....several noticed, and even made statements about his mental issues, but no one turned him in?????

<span style="color: #000099">You got your wish with all the liberal PC. How's it feel now?</span>

Third, thanks to the National Rifle Association, the efforts of checking into someone's past, has been limited.

<span style="color: #000099">The NRA had nothing to do with it. His past was well known.</span>

This man was an American, a Major in the Military, who, IMO, shouldn't have been promoted, was mentally ill, and was a coward.

To date, there are no indications of an organized terror attack, involving any training, funding, or organizational input from any terrorist organization.

<span style="color: #000099">So all those emails the NSA and FBI have of him talking to those other terrorist groups don't count.</span>

G. </div></div>

Gayle in MD
11-14-2009, 08:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="color: #000099">Nobody said anything about foreign terrorism.</span>

<span style="color: #000099">Nonsense. A terrorist act can be committed by one individual acting alone.</span>

<span style="color: #000099">Religious extremism is not recognized as a mental illness.</span>
<span style="color: #660000">Then it should be...actually, it is linked to nearly all terrorism, foreign and domestic... </span>

<span style="color: #000099">That is correct and he is now a dead terrorist. No offense to Achmed.</span>

<span style="color: #000099">Length of a war is not a specific determining factor. <span style="color: #990000"> The length of this war had led to a higher percentages of suicides, divorce, PTSD, and all other emotional/mental problems that our soldiers are facing. Hence, you obviously don't read very much if you don't know that much. It's been written about for several years now....</span> Soldiers can PTSD from one artillery shell.</span>

<span style="color: #990000">Irrelevant.... </span>

<span style="color: #000099">You got your wish with all the liberal PC. How's it feel now?</span>

<span style="color: #660000">What an idiot. do you think the entire upper echalon of the Military suddenly became liberal last January? The military always aims for equality, except when it comes to gays, FYI. It has nothing to do with this situation, at all. What does have a lot to do with it is the fact that our military is short handed, particularly in terms of meltal health counselors....hence, reluctance on their part led to overlooking taking action against this guy. </span>

<span style="color: #000099">The NRA had nothing to do with it. His past was well known.</span>

<span style="color: #660000">Quite untrue. Blocks between the seller and other information have been put into place by NRA efforts, demanding privacy for their nutcases, who can't get enough guns to assuage their paranoia. </span>

<span style="color: #000099">So all those emails the NSA and FBI have of him talking to those other terrorist groups don't count.</span>

<span style="color: #990000">To date, they have been described as inoccuous, by the military.

One of the saddest parts of all this is Republicans, and their media pundits, immediately jumped on this story and tried to use it for political gain.

Disgusting.

</span>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

G. </div></div> </div></div>

Gayle in MD
11-14-2009, 08:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">......I'll suppose you believe that OJ and MJ were innocent too.......</div></div>Chops -- OJ woz/iz innocent. Even i know that.
madMac. </div></div>

Funny, a rightie using the OJ fiasco, while denying all of the Bush/Cheney law breaking and treason!

That is hilarious! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif