PDA

View Full Version : A day at the zoo

Paul_Mon
08-14-2002, 09:24 AM
Yesterday I went to our zoo to see this summers special guests. Two adult male giraffes are on loan to us from a zoo in Ohio. Our zoo is small by anyone's standards and yesterday was crowded. I was admiring these giraffes when my wife and daughter struck up a conversation with another woman who was there with her husband and young son. The ladies were jealous of the fact that the giraffes spend up to 20 hours daily just eating. Her husband joined the conversation after a few minutes and immediately I knew his voice was familiar. The voice belonged to Mike Sigel. I don't know Mike on a first name basis but we frequented the same halls in the 70's when he lived here in Rochester NY. I reintroduced myself and we exchanged intros with our wives and children. Not once did we talk about anything pool related, but I was on the verge of asking him about throw and the recent BD article

PQQLK9
08-14-2002, 09:33 AM
My favorite player...had the pleasure of meeting him once...

Lester
08-14-2002, 09:37 AM
>>>>>It's a small world Paul. And it seems to be getting smaller all the time, what with the internet. Running into Mike at the zoo would have made my day. ***Lester***

Chris Cass
08-14-2002, 12:02 PM
Hi Paul,

I had the pleasure of hitting some with Mike at a 9ball tourney in St. Charles, Ill. and stayed at the Pheasant Run. Did you know he charges $500. a lesson? That was like 1991. BY the way, he didn't miss much at all.

I like Nick really am impressed with Mike and he was my favorite player for a long time.

Regards,

C.C.~~were all railbirds at the zoo. I wonder what the animals think? LOL

Tom_In_Cincy
08-14-2002, 04:19 PM
When I heard that Mike was going to play in the 14.1 tournament in NY a couple of years ago.. I was about ready to book a flight and get a hotel room just to watch him play..

Last year it was rumored that he might play in the US Open and it was enough for me to take the chance and go.. just to see him..

I have seen Mike play in tournaments in the 80s and was THE best stroker I have ever seen. FLUID just FLUID..