PDA

View Full Version : New Contest.... be the first to enter

wolfdancer
11-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Which name does not belong on this list?
A) Ed
B) llw
c) llotter
or
D) Steve
the rules are:
only one entry per person, and only one guess per entry
The winner will receive a copy of the 1948 headline, suitable for framing:
Quote:
"Dewey Defeats Truman!"

the judges decision,( and here come da judge.. me) is final
Maybe he did win, by losing, as in an earlier post, where two right wing pols were quoted as claiming a win, while being defeated. We even got a winner/loser here, who announces all his "victories" over on the "Area 9" intergalactic political discussion board. For them
"The Day The Earth Stood Still"
Was the day that the honorable and esteemed, Barack Obama, whom they claim to be an Alien, was sworn into office
Klaatu barada nikto!

Gayle in MD
11-13-2009, 05:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which name does not belong on this list?
A) Ed
B) llw
c) llotter
or
D) Steve
the rules are:
only one entry per person, and only one guess per entry
The winner will receive a copy of the 1948 headline, suitable for framing:
Quote:
"Dewey Defeats Truman!"

the judges decision,( and here come da judge.. me) is final
Maybe he did win, by losing, as in an earlier post, where two right wing pols were quoted as claiming a win, while being defeated. We even got a winner/loser here, who announces all his "victories" over on the "Area 9" intergalactic political discussion board. For them
"The Day The Earth Stood Still"
Was the day that the honorable and esteemed, Barack Obama, whom they claim to be an Alien, was sworn into office
Klaatu barada nikto! </div></div>

Are you sure there is one there, that doesn't belong there? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

cushioncrawler
11-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Woofly -- I think the answer iz "or".
Koz, Ed and llw and llotter and Steve are not logical disjunctions.
madMac.
Logical disjunction
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
"Either or" redirects here. For the philosophical work by Søren Kierkegaard, see Either/Or.
"Disjunction" redirects here. For separation of chromosomes, see meiosis........

More spoken articlesIn logic and mathematics, or, also known as logical disjunction or inclusive disjunction, is a logical operator that results in true whenever one or more of its operands are true. E.g. in this context, "A or B" is true if A is true, or if B is true, or if both A and B are true. In grammar, or is a coordinating conjunction. In ordinary language "or" sometimes has the meaning of exclusive disjunction.

wolfdancer
11-13-2009, 07:23 PM
touche!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

cushioncrawler
11-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Woofly -- True, they are all disjuncts -- but "or" iz the only logical disjunct....

Of course we can hav.........
logical disjunctions
inclusive disjunctions
exclusive disjunctions
Not to be confused with just'junks.
Nor with conjuncts.
madMac.

sack316
11-14-2009, 11:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Woofly -- True, they are all disjuncts -- but "or" iz the only logical disjunct....

Of course we can hav.........
logical disjunctions
inclusive disjunctions
exclusive disjunctions
Not to be confused with just'junks.
Nor with conjuncts.
madMac. </div></div>

I'm more a fan of a little junk in the trunk

Sack

Qtec
11-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Is this a trick question? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Q

wolfdancer
11-14-2009, 05:39 PM
I was always told not to display my "junk" in public

wolfdancer
11-14-2009, 05:41 PM
so yer logical reply is that this was an illogical question, given the choices listed?

cushioncrawler
11-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Woofly -- every such question has at least 4 answers -- koz any thing can be shown to not belong on any list -- for an infinite number of reezons.
And, i suppoze, the odd one out can in fakt be the odd 2 out, or the odd 3 out (stretching things a bit), or even the odd 4 out.
madMac.

llw iz odd, koz it aint got a vowell.
Ed iz odd, koz it aint got a double letter.

A) Ed
B) llw
c) llotter
or
D) Steve

wolfdancer
11-15-2009, 03:34 AM
We don't like it when you question the integrity of the contest, and heaven forbid, the judging itself. Therefore we have disqualified your submission.