PDA

View Full Version : Junior Players

08-14-2002, 12:10 PM
In the 70's, I was one of the top junior players in the country. My dad being a pro (Jack Colavita), I was in a pool room almost every night. I got to the point of running up to 100 balls in straight pool.

I would like to know how many of Junior players have made it to the top at the professional level. After the age of 18, I sort of shyed away from the game.

Does anyone remember Mark Beilfus from the midwest.

When I played for a spot to get into the US Open in 1975, I lost by 6 balls to Brian Asch in the Eastern US championship. Brian lost by a pretty big margin to Mark. What ever happened to him?

I read the article about the 15 year old in this BD issue.

Not many continue on to reach the top.

Let me know your thoughts.
Jack Jr.

Doctor_D
08-14-2002, 12:16 PM
Good afternoon:

One Junior to watch, another Austrian dynamo, is 16 year old Jasmine Ouschan. She competed in the WPBA Amatuer Nationals this past July at Murphy's Brass Rail in Athens Georgia moving undefeated through the field to take the honor of National Amatuer Champion as well as earning a spot in the WPBA Nationals to be held in Miami Florida this December.

Dr. D.

08-14-2002, 01:09 PM
Miami? No kidding? Would the good Dr. be there?

08-14-2002, 01:11 PM
I remember Mark Beilfuss from Grand Rapids Mi. He was a remarkable player at a very early age (approx. 13). I saw Mark play at Joe Farhat's Velvet Rail in Lansing Mi. about 1977-78 and he was gr8. He beat a number of top pros at age 13. Say hi to Jack sr. for me. Stedyfred

08-14-2002, 02:10 PM
I remember Mark was expected to be the next Steve Mizerak.

He definitly had great talent. I was surprised he never emerged.

Jack Jr