PDA

View Full Version : Amusing/amazing scratched twice on one shot!

phil in sofla
08-14-2002, 12:12 PM
Playing pool for any length of time, you see things you can't believe happened. Just when you think you've seen every bizarre possibility, the game will throw you another one.

Saw this one two days ago. My opponent breaks hard, and loses control of the cue ball, which goes to a corner pocket and down, only to pop back up to the table, and mosey over to the other corner pocket closest to it, and scratch once again!

Frankly, although I've seen cue balls jar out of scratches before, I'd never seen a cue ball go down into the pocket and then come back up, ever. That was unique in my experience already. And then, to get across the table without anything hitting it, just from what pace was left on it once it climbed back onto the table, was outstanding.

All who witnessed it agreed they had never seen it happen before, I'm sure with many tens of thousands of games collectively between them.

Ever see something like this?

SpiderMan
08-14-2002, 12:38 PM
This is an incredible coincidence - at my APA match last night, I watched an object ball shot into a corner pocket disappear and come right back out, rolling a few feet across the table. That was a first-time apparition for me.

I suppose it could just as easily have been a cue ball, and given the right direction and a little more speed it could have dropped in the side.

This was a bar table, so it's not like a full pocket refused the ball - it went WAY down and came back up.

Last year I think Randy Goatlicker posted an interesting story of a ball being shot into a side pocket and coming back out the oposite side. Must have maintained speed through the ball-return channels.

SpiderMan

PQQLK9
08-14-2002, 01:23 PM
START(
%It3\0%PI7X7%Uf9D7%VZ5[9%WR1D6%X\1\0%[s5[2%\g8C5%]R2D4%^J0W7
%eA3a2
)END

This has actually happened to me twice....while banking into the side pocket the OB goes in and runs around the back of the pocket and shoots out to bank into the corner pocket.../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Lester
08-14-2002, 01:36 PM
>>>>Phil, when your opponent scratches twice on a single shot, you automatically get "ball in either hand". lol ***Lester***

Sally
08-14-2002, 02:51 PM
I haven't seen anything like that with the cue ball; however, once when I was playing 8-ball with some friends in Whittier, the guy on the 8 shot it so hard that it slammed into the corner pocket, arced into the air, and came down in the opposite corner pocket. Now that was cool. LOL.

Sid_Vicious
08-14-2002, 03:42 PM
I saw someone hit an OB with a mud ball on a bar box with so much induced spin that the OB went down, hestiated before popping back up on the table's surface about 10" in front of the same pocket, hesitate and then scurry back into the pocket to stay down...sid

SPetty
08-14-2002, 04:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SpiderMan:</font><hr>... I think Randy Goatlicker...<hr></blockquote>HaHaHa! I made sure to ask how it was pronounced before I ever attempted it. This is how I thought it would be pronounced - Goat Licker. That would be hard to say without laughing every time. He told me it's pronounced like "Get Liquor". Now I can pronounce it with the proper reverence, since getting liquor is an important activity in my life. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

08-15-2002, 06:39 AM
In the old place I played in they had a bar table that I saw put object balls back on the table. It was always out of the same corner.

Jerry S.