PDA

View Full Version : Dems for amnesty

pooltchr
11-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Did anyone hear Napolitano's announcement on Friday that the Obama administration will be pushing for amnesty for 12 million illegal aliens in 2010?

Steve

pooltchr
11-16-2009, 03:32 PM
"The hope is that when we get into the first part of 2010, that we will see legislation begin to move," Napolitano said. The legislation should not only give law enforcement officials more tools to fight illegal immigration but create a "tough pathway" for <span style='font-size: 20pt'>undocumented workers to gain legal status</span>, she said.

Steve

pooltchr
11-16-2009, 03:34 PM
They got beat on this one in 2007, but now with their majority, they will try to ram this down our throats along with healthcare and the new energy tax.

Just when I think their elitism and holier than thou attituce can't get any worse.....it does!!!!!!

Steve

llotter
11-17-2009, 08:21 AM
Ever increasing dependence on government for more people is the M.O. for the Left to gain permanent majority status.

cushioncrawler
11-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Slavery in the United States lasted as a legal institution until the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution in 1865. It had its origins with the first English colonization of North America in Virginia in 1607, although African slaves were brought to Spanish Florida as early as the 1560s.[1] Most slaves were black and were held by whites, although some Native Americans and free blacks also held slaves; there was a small number of white slaves as well. Slaves were spreaded to the areas where there were good quality of soil for large plantation of high value cash crops, such as cotton, sugar, and coffee. The majority of slaveholders were in the southern United States, where most slaves were engaged in an efficient machine-like gang system of agriculture, with farms of fifteen or more slaves proving to be far more productive than farms without slaves.[citation needed] Also, these large groups of slaves were more efficient to work in a large group of slaves that were guarded by a small group of managerial class of overseers with rhythms to make sure that the slaves did not waste a second of movement.

From 1654 until 1865, slavery for life was legal within the boundaries of much of the present United States.[2] Before the widespread establishment of chattel slavery (outright ownership of the slave), much labor was organized under a system of bonded labor known as indentured servitude. This typically lasted for several years for white and black alike, and it was a means of using labor to pay the costs of transporting people to the colonies.[3] By the 18th century, court rulings established the racial basis of the American incarnation of slavery to apply chiefly to Black Africans and people of African descent, and occasionally to Native Americans. A 1705 Virginia law stated slavery would apply to those peoples from nations that were not Christian.[4] In part because of the success of tobacco as a cash crop in the Southern colonies, its labor-intensive character caused planters to import more slaves for labor by the end of the 17th century than did the northern colonies. The South had a significantly high number and proportion of slaves in the population.[3]

Twelve million Africans were shipped to the Americas from the 16th to the 19th centuries.[5][6] Of these, an estimated 645,000 were brought to what is now the United States. The largest number were shipped to Brazil (see slavery in Brazil).[7] The slave population in the United States had grown to four million by the 1860 Census.[8]

Slavery was the principal issue leading to the American Civil War. After the Union prevailed in the war, slavery was abolished throughout the United States with the adoption of the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.[9]

cushioncrawler
11-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Incarceration in the United States is a concurrent power under the Constitution of the United States, which means that prisons are operated under strict authority of both the federal and state governments. Incarceration is one of the main forms of punishment for the commission of felony offenses in the United States.

Less serious offenders, such as those convicted of misdemeanor offenses, may receive a short term sentence to be served in a local city or county jail, or to alternative forms of sanctions such as community corrections (halfway house) or house arrest. Different U.S. prisons operate at different levels of security, ranging from minimum-security prisons -- that mainly house non-violent offenders -- to Supermax facilities that house the more dangerous criminals such as Oklahoma City bomber Terry Nichols and September 11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui.

The United States has the highest documented incarceration rate in the world.[3][4] It also has the highest total documented prison population in the world.[3][5][6] As of year-end 2007, a record 7.2 million people were behind bars, on probation, or on parole, with 2.3 million of those actually incarcerated.[7] More than 1 in 100 American adults were incarcerated at the start of 2008. The People's Republic of China ranks second with 1.5 million, while having four times the population, thus having only about 18% of the US incarceration rate.[8][9]

cushioncrawler
11-17-2009, 02:01 PM
American prisons and jails held 2,299,116 inmates as of June 30, 2007.[12] One in every 31 American adults, or 7.3 million Americans, are in prison, on parole or probation. Approximately one in every 18 men in the United States is behind bars or being monitored. A significantly greater percentage of the American population is in some form of correctional control even though crime rates have declined by about 25 percent from 1988-2008.[13] 70% of prisoners in the United States are non-whites.[14] In recent decades the U.S. has experienced a surge in its prison population, quadrupling since 1980, partially as a result of mandated sentences that came about during the "war on drugs." Violent crime and property crime have declined since the early 1990s.[15]

As of 2004, the three states with the lowest ratio of imprisoned to civilian population are Maine (148 per 100,000), Minnesota (171 per 100,000), and Rhode Island (175 per 100,000). The three states with the highest ratio are Louisiana (816 per 100,000), Texas (694 per 100,000), and Mississippi (669 per 100,000).[16]

Nearly one million of those incarcerated in state and federal prisons, as well as local jails, are serving time for committing non-violent crimes.[17]

In 2002, 93.2% of prisoners were male. About 10.4% of all black males in the United States between the ages of 25 and 29 were sentenced and in prison, compared to 2.4% of Hispanic males and 1.3% of white males.[18]

In 2005, about 1 out of every 136 U.S. residents was incarcerated either in prison or jail.[19] The total amount being 2,320,359, with 1,446,269 in state and federal prisons and 747,529 in local jails.[20]

A 2005 report estimated that 27% of federal prison inmates are noncitizens, convicted of crimes while in the country legally or illegally.[21] However, federal prison inmates are only a 6 percent of the total incarcerated population; noncitizen populations in state and local prisons are more difficult to establish. The World Prison Brief puts the total number of foreign prisoners in all federal, state and local facilities at 5.9%.[3]

The United States has the highest documented per capita rate of incarceration of any country in the world.[3][5]

cushioncrawler
11-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Lyrics for ------------ In the land of the free.

Incarceration haz replaced slavery.
In the land of the free.

The war on drugs haz replaced lynching.
In the land of the free.

Illegal aliens hav replaced slaves.
In the land of the free.

Hate haz replaced hate.
In the land of the free.

Lord oh Lord, we need u now.
In the land of the free.

This needs a good tune -- must inklood harmonica -- probly for Bob Dylan & Co.
madMac.

llotter
11-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Would you mind summarizing your posts? Is this in response to my post or amnesty subject?

cushioncrawler
11-17-2009, 02:53 PM
llotter -- I woznt direktly talking at your posting -- nor Steve's original posting.
I woz jus thinking.
madMac.
By the way -- i am a legal alien.

llotter
11-17-2009, 03:22 PM
It was a fairly interesting post and you should put it on a new thread. I'll save a critique for then if that's ok.

wolfdancer
11-17-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm sure this will inspire even more craziness here on AZB lite.
I'll keep my personal thoughts re: that to myself, as anything I would try to say would be twisted here until it was unrecognizable.
If llotter wants to believe that I want to host a family of illegals, that would only receive credence with the few rw "extremists" here which I pray will someday receive Extreme Unction.
Amnesty (http://www.usamnesty.org/)