PDA

View Full Version : Good News For My Fellow Democratics

Gayle in MD
11-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Former Health Care Employee, Wendell Potter, who also testified about the ruinous practices of the industry, and resulting devastation to our economy, and our citizens, has stated this evening on The Ed Show, MSNBC, that he is satisfied with the current HC Bill, as it stands.

According to Mr. Potter, this is a good beginning, and will definitely go a long way in holding the HC insurance industry's feet to the fire.

There are a number of other initiatives in the Bill, which are sure to be amended, in the best interest of consumers. I was happy to hear his statements, which you will be able to find on that website...

I've been following Mr. Potter for months, and he is certainly one of the most well informed on the practices of the HC Industry, that I have seen.

His statements were reassuring, and hence, wanted you to know about them, in case you might want to look for the interview yourself.

G.

pooltchr
11-16-2009, 07:24 PM
NBC news tonight reported that the government has changed is recommendation for women to be screened for breast cancer. They now recommend start screening at age 50 rather than 40, and it's only necessary every 2 years and not every year. According to the report, these standards are more in line with other countries who have nationalized healthcare. And the recurrent theme throughout the story was how much money it would save. What woman in her right mind is going to wait 2 years between screenings when such a simple thing can allow for early detection and cure of such a deadly disease?
We thought seniors would be the first to feel the brunt of the government run healthcare, but it looks like they are looking in another direction.

I guess since the government is going to be running things, they need to start cutting costs any way they can.

Oh yeah, the American Cancer Society is firmly against the changes.

Are they already giving us a taste of what our healthcare is going to look like in a few years?

Would any parent on here tell their daughter that annual mamograms are not that important? As someone who already lost a wife to cancer, I can tell you I would kick my daughter's butt if I thought it would make her go every year, but since she lost her mother, I don't have that problem. She's smart enough to know what's right.

Steve

Sid_Vicious
11-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Good! I need some reasonable HC, without being denied previous conditions...sid

llotter
11-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Radio talk show host, Michael Savage, calls liberalism a mental disorder and that makes a lot of sense in that they don't want to be denied insurance because of pre-existing conditions.

Qtec
11-17-2009, 08:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Radio talk show host, Michael Savage, calls liberalism a mental disorder and that makes a lot of sense in that they don't want to be denied insurance because of pre-existing conditions. </div></div>

If you catch swine flu, is it your own fault? Should we punish people because they are sick? The HC insurance industry does.

Q

Gayle in MD
11-17-2009, 11:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Radio talk show host, Michael Savage, calls liberalism a mental disorder and that makes a lot of sense in that they don't want to be denied insurance because of pre-existing conditions. </div></div>

If you catch swine flu, is it your own fault? Should we punish people because they are sick? The HC insurance industry does.

Q </div></div>

Q, everytime I read your by-line, I think about the book, The Greatest Story Ever Sold.

Every American should read that book. Most, still are unaware of the degree to which Bush orchestrated his attack on The Constitution Of The United states Of America, and the gross negligence regarding the way he treated our troops, along with his revenge against patriotic, career government employees, who tried their best to warn us.

His administration made Hitler look like an amatuer. Most of these righties still don't know what hit them.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
11-17-2009, 11:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good! I need some reasonable HC, without being denied previous conditions...sid </div></div>

We all do, Martin, because no one knows when they will be the next American to be dumped because they became ill.

The Republicans have so bastardized this process, with the money and aid of the insurance industry, that a society such as ours, where so few actually take the time to get a grasp of how this issue of health costs, and health insurance costs, impacts our economy, including outsourcing our jobs over the last few decades, it's hard to listen to all the BS.

As usual, Republicans have loads of criticism, and no answers for the pressing problems we face.

I just hope that all their obstructionism provides the results they so richly deserve.

G.

LWW
11-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Has anyone else noticed that every one of Gayle's pontifications has a striking resemblance to Soviet era edicts from Uncle Joe?

LWW

llotter
11-17-2009, 11:45 AM
You know Q, the great thing about freedom is that I don't have to solve everybody's problems or punish everybody for disagreeing and it would be wrong for me to try. If you want to give up your freedom then we have to shoulder the responsibility for everyone's welfare...that is not only extremely inefficient, it causes disasters on a mega-scale. The insurance industry performs a function that the public wants or it would not exist. Let gov. in to set their rules of their private contracts and the cost will increase and there with incalculable harm to their business.

pooltchr
11-17-2009, 11:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[Bush orchestrated his attack on The Constitution Of The United states Of America, and the gross negligence regarding the way he treated our troops, </div></div>

And yet, here we have Obama, taking advantage of the policys established by the previous administration, and even expanding them further to promote his own agenda, and you have no problem with that whatsoever.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

llotter
11-17-2009, 11:59 AM
I am not familiar with the works of Uncle Joe but I have noticed that the Left habitually accuses others of doing exactly what they do routinely.

Everyone has heard of the 'Vast RW conspiracy' but seldom do we hear of the 'Vast LW Conspiracy' as their talking points are repeated ad nauseam from a few LW websites.

While Uncle Joe herself rags on and on about Bush's attack on the Constitution while The Moron is making wholesale replacement of our founding documents.

Invariably their accusation are constructed from whole cloth, while their real activities go largely unnoticed.

pooltchr
11-17-2009, 01:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Invariably their accusation are constructed from whole cloth, while their real activities go largely unnoticed. </div></div>

It's the stock and trade of magicians...it's called misdirection.

Steve