PDA

View Full Version : 10 burning questions with Jeanette Lee

Kato
08-14-2002, 12:14 PM
http://msn.espn.go.com/page2/s/questions/jeanettelee.html

Kato~~~#1 fan, in a normal, non-stalking way/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

08-14-2002, 12:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

And we're such different players. Allison's strength is her discipline and composure and shot routine. She's a lot more, I don't know how to say it, mechanical? Some people say she's like a surgeon. I call it methodical, but that's not very flattering. Let's just say, extremely consistent. But my top game is better than her top game because I have more natural talent and a bit more knowledge than her. Not much more, but a bit.

<hr></blockquote>

Jeanette always has been a bit delusional about her game. This one ranks right up there with her comment about the level of play between the women's tour and the men's tour (paraphrased): "The women play about even with the men, but the men break better." Oh well, any athelete has to have confidence and believe in themselves, so I don't hold her state of delusion against her :-)

Harold Acosta
08-14-2002, 08:29 PM
The reason why Jeanette Lee keep having those aching back pains is because she keeps sticking her head up her butt! The contortion a body has to endure to this will break anyone's back! Oouuch!

It's good to have confidence but her remarks are just plain BS!

NH_Steve
08-14-2002, 08:59 PM
You guys knockin' Jeanette Lee's interview -- ever read a Strickland interview??? I'll go with the Black Widow anytime, thank you very much!
(The questions weren't exactly Pulitzer quality either -- oh boy.)

08-14-2002, 09:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> The reason why Jeanette Lee keep having those aching back pains is because she keeps sticking her head up her butt! The contortion a body has to endure to this will break anyone's back! Oouuch!

That was uncalled for. Her personal affliction should not be used to make some juvenile attempt at humor. Let's see you go through what she's been through all her life and see if you would still make that comment

08-14-2002, 10:31 PM
If Jeanette really feels her top game is better than Allison's top game (or Karen's for that matter), she is admitting that she is virtually an underachieving choker - as she apparently has been unable to achieve that top game very often.

Her won/loss tournament match record against those two is a dismal one, and a simple check as to how many tournaments she has won in the last 7 years in comparison to those two will reveal all too clearly that she must be delusional.

One still has to love her - how she relates to the fans and all she has done for the popularity of the tour! - Chris in NC

Kato
08-14-2002, 11:33 PM
Hey look guys, I'm sorry, I just happened to be surfing ESPN.com and found the interview. I thought it was interesting. I didn't mean to stir the pot. It's just an interview with a pool player through a major media outlet.

Sure, she can't beat Allison and Karen in a race to 9 probably but hey, if you're single and you think she's a babe (like I do) you probably wouldn't turn down a dinner date right?

Come on now. Let's take this with a grain of salt. The average ESPN.com reader just knows her as the "hot chick in tight leather pants with the long black hair". It's just the Jeanette publicity machine happening.

Kato~~~fairly decent chance I'll never get that dinner date.
Kato

Lester
08-15-2002, 05:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr>
Kato~~~fairly decent chance I'll never get that dinner date.
Kato <hr></blockquote>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Kato, she is charming and quite witty in person. She does play a lot "looser" than AF and KC. This type of play is less successful than AF and KC's "mechanical" approach. However, she is fun to watch because you never know what she will try. And when she pulls it off, it's amazing. In order to compete with AF and KC, she must believe that she can play better or else why try. In short, she is a counter point to AF and KC in the WPBA line up.
P.S.
I hope you get that dinner date. ***Lester***

bluewolf
08-15-2002, 06:07 AM
<hr></blockquote>

Jeanette always has been a bit delusional about her game. This one ranks right up there with her comment about the level of play between the women's tour and the men's tour (paraphrased): "The women play about even with the men, but the men break better." Oh well, any athelete has to have confidence and believe in themselves, so I don't hold her state of delusion against her :-) <hr></blockquote>

I do not want to start a thread of men vs women. What I do do is watch men and women and observe what they do best and try to encorporate it into my game.

bluewolf

bluewolf
08-15-2002, 06:11 AM
'everyone has a right to be as ignorant as they choose' (even pros)
her quotes and record indicate the following

'my favorite state is the state of denial'

bluewolf

08-15-2002, 03:19 PM
I don't think anyone is knocking her interview. What we are knocking is the fact that she claims 1: That her "top game" is better than AF's because she has more natural talent. And 2: She has more knowledge than AF.

There are three completely false statements that happens to be the focus of the critism. 1: Jeanette's "top game" is NOT better than AF's "top game" 2: Jeanette doesn't have more "natural talent", otherwise, why is AF such a better player? 3: Jeanette doesn't have more knowledge than AF. Again, if she did, why would AF be such a better player?

I don't know what Earl has to do with Jeanette's comments. As much of a goofball as Earl can be, the difference here is, when he makes a comparison of his game to another player's, he can say what he wants and he's probably not too far off.

08-15-2002, 05:06 PM
The three 'facts' you quoted of J Lee's are much more statements of her opinion than they are representations of facts -- as such, she's certainly entitled to her opinion.

Then again, why am I even bothering to respond to a poster so afraid of taking responsibility for their own opinions that they hide behind 'anonymous'???

08-15-2002, 05:23 PM
If you knew my name, what, would you come beat me up? If you're so thick that you think Jeanette's statements are true, give YOUR name so I can come and find you some time at a WPBA event and make side-bets with you. As for the "facts", the only time I used that word was a sentence that partially reads, "the fact that Jeanette claims", which IS a fact ... Jeanette DOES claim. Sheesh.

Harold Acosta
08-15-2002, 05:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SteveNY:</font><hr>Harold Acosta: The reason why Jeanette Lee keep having those aching back pains is because she keeps sticking her head up her butt! The contortion a body has to endure to this will break anyone's back! Oouuch!
------------------------------------------------------

That was uncalled for. Her personal affliction should not be used to make some juvenile attempt at humor. Let's see you go through what she's been through all her life and see if you would still make that comment
<hr></blockquote>

Steve: Did I hurt your feelings? I'm so sorry...! Do you want a lolipop so that you can feel better?

08-15-2002, 09:04 PM

bluewolf
08-16-2002, 07:14 AM
perzactly

bluewolf

stickman
08-16-2002, 07:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: NH_Steve:</font><hr> You guys knockin' Jeanette Lee's interview -- ever read a Strickland interview??? I'll go with the Black Widow anytime, thank you very much!
(The questions weren't exactly Pulitzer quality either -- oh boy.) <hr></blockquote>

I'm with you Steve, she definately has my respect. Her opinions?, well they're just that. No one can dispute that on any given day she can compete with any of them. Jeanette has done more to improve the popularity of the sport than anyone. The fact that she can play at this level with serious back problems is yet another reason she earns my respect. If she's a little cocky, I think she's earned the right. If I were this good, I probably would be a little cocky too. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif