PDA

View Full Version : Martha's HOF Billiard Balls

Fran Crimi
08-14-2002, 12:55 PM
"SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) -- "Steady" Ed Headrick, the California inventor who figured out a way to make the Frisbee fly fast and straight, has died at the age of 78. His family said his ashes will be made into Frisbees."

For sale: Martha Stewart's Hall of Fame Billiard Balls

Own your very own set of Hall of Famers. 15 Beautifully designed billiard balls, constructed of genuine bone and ash of deceased HOF'ers, will add a pleasant and upbeat touch to any home billiard room. (Balls have been tested and are 100% playable.) Shoot Willie Mosconi into the side pocket. Play a combination shot of Ralph Greenleaf and Irving Crane...all for the low, low price of $29.95.

BONUS OFFER!!!! : If you order now, you will receive Minnesotta Fats in cue ball form, for only $9.95! "Break 'um, fat man!"

For orders: contact Ken.

Fran (been readin' too much of Ken's stuff)

Lester
08-14-2002, 12:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr>
For sale: Martha Stewart's Hall of Fame Billiard Balls

Own your very own set of Hall of Famers. 15 Beautifully designed billiard balls, constructed of genuine bone and ash of deceased HOF'ers, will add a pleasant and upbeat touch to any home billiard room. (Balls have been tested and are 100% playable.) Shoot Willie Mosconi into the side pocket. Play a combination shot of Ralph Greenleaf and Irving Crane...all for the low, low price of $29.95.

BONUS OFFER!!!! : If you order now, you will receive Minnesotta Fats in cue ball form, for only $9.95! "Break 'um, fat man!"

For orders: contact Ken.

Fran (been readin' too much of Ken's stuff)

<hr></blockquote>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Ha Ha Ha When I go, they kiss my ashes; I mean compress my ashes into a rack. I can rack with the best of them. lol ***Lester***

BLACKHEART
08-14-2002, 10:14 PM
Fran; what is the picture below your name ,when you post????????...JER

Rod
08-14-2002, 10:35 PM
Jer, what a coincident, I wonder that same thing earlier. It looks like Charlie Chaplin trying to play pool with a broom handle. The sign above says ONEY? Lent with a symbol inbetween. Looks like an old store front. Did you zoom in on it with your browser?

Fran Crimi
08-14-2002, 11:29 PM
You're right...it's Chaplin from the film "The Pawn Shop (or 'Broker')". I'm a huge Chaplin fan. The sign reads "Money Lent." It's cut off in the original photo, too. Charlie is trying to shoot pool (with a broom) with the pawn shop symbol. He's got a great looking back hand and arm. You can tell he's played before.

The pic is probably too small to really post here. I just like it a lot...I plan on switching them around as I go along, anyway.

Fran

Doctor_D
08-15-2002, 04:53 AM
Good morning:

Fran, this is too weird!

Dr. D.

rackmup
08-15-2002, 06:06 AM
Fran is the newest member of the Rackmup/Martha "the Velveteen Widow" Stewart Billiards Productions staff. She will serve as the marketing director for all new products and will sit on our advisory board.

Welcome to the team, Fran! Remember...there will be a meeting regarding the launch date of our NEW ImClone/Enron/WorldCom Executive's ashes 8-balls. You have to love the slogan:

"Why be the one caught behind the 8-ball when you can BE the 8-ball!"

See you in the board room!

Regards,

Ken

Doctor_D
08-15-2002, 06:29 AM
Good morning Ken:

Are you accepting applications for the position of CFO?

Dr. D.

Lester
08-15-2002, 06:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good morning Ken:

Are you accepting applications for the position of CFO?

Dr. D.
<hr></blockquote>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;You might want to re-think that Dr. D, you might be "buying a ticket on the Titanic". Unless you're a heck of a "bailer", MS's boat is currently "taking on water" and presently is listing to port. ***Lester***

Doctor_D
08-15-2002, 06:38 AM
Good morning:

I come equipment with my own life boat and PFD / Personal Flotation Device. These items, coupled with the fact that my practice specializes if the Work-Out and Turnaround of financially distressed and/or bankrupt companies, make me an ideal candidate - provided they are willing to pay the required freight to hire me ...

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

Lester
08-15-2002, 06:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good morning:

I come equipment with my own life boat and PFD / Personal Flotation Device. These items, coupled with the fact that my practice specializes if the Work-Out and Turnaround of financially distressed and/or bankrupt companies, make me an idea candidate - provided they are willing to pay the required freight to hire me ...

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.
<hr></blockquote>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Hey, you can always convert it to a submarine. ha ha

If it sinks then, you will still survive. ****Lester****