PDA

View Full Version : Needed Pool Movie!!!!!

Lester
08-14-2002, 03:24 PM
Okay, what we need is a really good pool movie. When the Hustler came out, you had an influx of Fast Eddie wannabes. The new movie should be about a group of players in one pool hall learning, and helping each other and all sharing a dream of competing professionally. Each player would have their own personalities. Some good and some bad, but they're all from the same PH so theres a bond. The movie would culminate with the ones that make it to the U.S.Open or a professional tournament. The dedication, perserverence and focus of this goal would be emphasized throughout the movie. The hardships, bad matches and the bad side of pool could be touched upon as obstacles they encounter, overcome and learn from. This sort of movie would produce a new generation of pool players, and maybe even a new image in the public's myopic perception of pool. JMHO ***Lester***

08-14-2002, 05:30 PM
Well, i've heard worse ideas. But while we're rolling in anodyne Hollywood mush, perhaps we should include a love interest. I know! One of the female players can fall in love with one of the men, leading to a love-withstanding-hardship subplot, as they battle to overcome the perils of the professional circuit.

The Colour of Money spawned appauling Tom Cruise rip offs, but The Hustler went relatively unnoticed. Even the Oscars it won, were the ones they edit out in the highlight shows; cinematography etc. A pool movie won't help pool. It will take more than a new craze, or a whim to make it popular. Just like Tin Cup wasn't responsible for Golf's popularity.

08-14-2002, 06:24 PM
OK LESTER, I AGREE - THE HUSTLER DID BRING OUT A LOT OF FAST EDDIE WANNTABES. THE COLOR OF MONEY DID LIFT POOL QUITE A BIT OUT HERE IN SFO BAY AREA. BUT MAKING MONEY NOT ONLY REQUIRES A STORY - VERY GOOD ONE - IT ALSO REQUIRES TONS OF MONEY. THERE LIES THE RUB OR WHERE THE TIRE MEETS THE ROAD. SO YOUR BEST BET MIGHT TO BE GO AHEAD AND WRITE THAT SCREEN PLAY AND MAKE IT DYN0-MITE !! OK HOWARD

Doctor_D
08-14-2002, 06:34 PM
Good evening:

Ideas such as yours usually require a syndicate, a group of financial investors, to underwrite the production and marketing costs. While the idea may not prove of great interest in the main stream of venture capital and investment capital, alterantive sources might be available.

Dr. D.

Lester
08-15-2002, 05:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good evening:

Ideas such as yours usually require a syndicate, a group of financial investors, to underwrite the production and marketing costs. While the idea may not prove of great interest in the main stream of venture capital and investment capital, alterantive sources might be available.

Dr. D.
<hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;I hear ya Dr. D. And mentioning "Syndicate Money", we would include some sort of mob connection in the movie. Everybody likes gangster movies, ha ha Seriously though, this type of movie would be monumental for pool, not to mention if conceived properly (to include human interest, drama, and action) would in my opinion introduce a new way of looking at pool to a younger market. It would also take the emphasis off of shady characters waiting around places with pool tables to beat you out of your money. (A not too far from the truth viewpoint, held by the public) Pool is alot more than that, and we could use a movie that shows it. Everything starts with an idea, if you get enough people that believe in the idea, the money would come. JMHO ***Lester***

bluewolf
08-15-2002, 05:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good evening:

Dr. D.
<hr></blockquote>

oh lets go for it. make up a plot, get our video camera out and shoot. who cares if nobody ever sees it as long as we have a copy.it could even be funny like snow dogs.

i volunteer to be a partner in writing the script &lt;G&gt;

for starters, someone should video all of us at the ccb tourn, then turn it into a vhs, and we could all get copies.

Laura

Lester
08-15-2002, 05:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:
oh lets go for it. make up a plot, get our video camera out and shoot. who cares if nobody ever sees it as long as we have a copy.it could even be funny like snow dogs.

i volunteer to be a partner in writing the script &lt;G&gt;

for starters, someone should video all of us at the ccb tourn, then turn it into a vhs, and we could all get copies.

Laura <hr></blockquote>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Bluewolf, we can rule out filming the CCB Tourney as part of the movie. I don't want to make a horror flick. ha ha
But the CCB Tourney is an excellent example of what I mean. This would not fit in the public's perception of serious poolplayers. ****Lester****

08-15-2002, 09:17 AM
I have the perfect script. www.doitforthegame.com (http://www.doitforthegame.com)

Kato
08-15-2002, 09:35 AM
Come on Lester. I'm taking the CCB tournament VERY seriously. I'm VERY serious about taking 200 pictures that day. I'm not sure how I'm going to fit my matches into my VERY serious schedule. But I am very serious about preserving my memories with each of the CCB'ers in that room.

Kato~~~were you talking about being serious about the tournament? I leave that stuff up to the real players on the board.

Lester
08-15-2002, 10:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Come on Lester. I'm taking the CCB tournament VERY seriously. I'm VERY serious about taking 200 pictures that day. I'm not sure how I'm going to fit my matches into my VERY serious schedule. But I am very serious about preserving my memories with each of the CCB'ers in that room.

Kato~~~were you talking about being serious about the tournament? I leave that stuff up to the real players on the board. <hr></blockquote>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;I know you're serious Kato. You better get "releases" signed for everybody that you take pictures of. I shudder to think what you will do with those pictures,once you have them. I'm looking forward to putting faces to the names. ***Lester***

SPetty
08-15-2002, 11:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> I'm VERY serious about taking 200 pictures that day. <hr></blockquote>Hi Kato, I'm ready and waiting for those pics!

Lester
08-15-2002, 11:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Come on Lester. I'm taking the CCB tournament VERY seriously. I'm VERY serious about taking 200 pictures that day. I'm not sure how I'm going to fit my matches into my VERY serious schedule. But I am very serious about preserving my memories with each of the CCB'ers in that room.

Kato~~~were you talking about being serious about the tournament? I leave that stuff up to the real players on the board. <hr></blockquote>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Kato, will you be putting these pictures up on a web site somewhere so everyone that didn't make it can eat their heart out? ***Lester***

bluewolf
08-15-2002, 12:15 PM
I am serious about meeting lots of you folks and taking pics with my digital camera. I will try to play my best pool though but dont have experience with 9 ball. So if i win a match, kool, if i dont, kool. I am coming to have fun!!

bluewolf

Lester
08-16-2002, 05:28 AM

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Kato, I thought I read somewhere on the board that you were "in training" for the tournament? Don't make me ask Voodoo for the real "skinny". ***Lester***