PDA

View Full Version : More LW Fear Mongering?

Bobbyrx
11-19-2009, 03:14 PM
GOP wants to abolish Medicare???......well...not quite
link (http://www.factcheck.org/2009/09/senior-scare-yet-again/)

Seems they ALL play the same game...

llotter
11-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Of course, the entire global warming scam is a mega scare tactic. On top of that is the whole entitlement scam that once it gets started rolling, will consume us all so we must pass along more power to the government to solve a problem that they themselves initiated.

wolfdancer
11-19-2009, 05:55 PM
didn't you mean llw, or llo...r fear/hate mongering?

llotter
11-19-2009, 06:17 PM
yes, you are correct as usual. It is obvious that it is the Left that is foisting global warming solutions on the public and it is the Left that started the huge entitlement failures.

Gayle in MD
11-21-2009, 08:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">didn't you mean llw, or llo...r fear/hate mongering? </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">LMAO! Hey, did you know that the entire cabal of Industrial Nations, are all involved in a secret consipracy, lying to the world about global warming, and the resulting devastation to the planet?

Imagine that!

What a bunch of idiots we have on here. If an educated public is the only protection of Democracy, we're sunk!

G. </span>

Bobbyrx
11-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Speaking of hijacking posts.......was global warming or the secret conspiracy of Industrial nations mentioned in the original post???

Gayle in MD
11-21-2009, 10:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speaking of hijacking posts.......was global warming or the secret conspiracy of Industrial nations mentioned in the original post??? </div></div>

I wasn't posting to you....now was I?

G.

Bobbyrx
11-21-2009, 12:22 PM
You are correct. My mistake. Care to comment on the original thread?

Gayle in MD
11-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Already did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a bunch of idiots we have on here. If an educated public is the only protection of Democracy, we're sunk!

</div></div>
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

pooltchr
11-21-2009, 06:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are correct. My mistake. Care to comment on the original thread? </div></div>

She is only allowed to comment on the subjects she has gotten the talking points for.

Steve

Bobbyrx
11-22-2009, 05:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a bunch of idiots we have on here. If an educated public is the only protection of Democracy, we're sunk!
</div></div>
What does that have to do with the accusation by the Dems that the GOP wanted to abolish Medicare?

Gayle in MD
11-23-2009, 02:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a bunch of idiots we have on here. If an educated public is the only protection of Democracy, we're sunk!
</div></div>
What does that have to do with the accusation by the Dems that the GOP wanted to abolish Medicare? </div></div>

Nothing, do I have to clear everything I write to others with you, in advance?

Do you think the GOP was for Medicare? Were they for Social Security? ARe they for a public option? did they pay for their iraq Fiasco? Their Tax cuts? Their prescription drug bill?

What DID they pay for in their last eight years of majority?

What did Bush pay for...

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Bobbyrx
11-24-2009, 04:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Nothing, do I have to clear everything I write to others with you, in advance?
</div></div>

Not at all. You just post so many things attacking the right for supposedly using fear tactics, I just thought you might like to see one with the left doing the same thing. They all do it. It's in their genes. They are politicians....

Gayle in MD
11-30-2009, 10:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Nothing, do I have to clear everything I write to others with you, in advance?
</div></div>

Not at all. You just post so many things attacking the right for supposedly using fear tactics, I just thought you might like to see one with the left doing the same thing. They all do it. It's in their genes. They are politicians.... </div></div>

Fear Mongering was brought to a whole new level under the Bush Regime. Mushroom clouds don't blow up into the skies from Aluminimum tubes, unfit for launching WMD's.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

wolfdancer
12-01-2009, 01:27 AM
I just read the trite comment posted by Steve to you. It's similar to the kind he posts to me...."I can't comment without your approval, etc"
I have to wonder, to what purpose do these type posts serve?
Well, when you get your own blog up, you then can for the most apart, avoid that type of useless commentary.

Gayle in MD
12-01-2009, 09:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just read the trite comment posted by Steve to you. It's similar to the kind he posts to me...."I can't comment without your approval, etc"
I have to wonder, to what purpose do these type posts serve?
Well, when you get your own blog up, you then can for the most apart, avoid that type of useless commentary.
</div></div>

Steve, is a joke! Miserable little man, out peddling pool lessons. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
12-01-2009, 12:52 PM
wolfie, of course you are right. My post was unprecedented!

Granny's little personal dig at my profession is typical bitter old woman, envious, APA 3 style hateful response.

I expect a little more from you, but I have come to expect the hate filled crap from her every time she posts, so it's no surprise.

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-01-2009, 04:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wolfie, of course you are right. My post was unprecedented!

Granny's little personal dig at my profession is typical bitter old woman, envious, APA 3 style hateful response.

I expect a little more from you, but I have come to expect the hate filled crap from her every time she posts, so it's no surprise.

Steve </div></div>

I'm not an APA 3, for one thing, and further, I'm not a BUBBA who has to go out and peddle pool lessons to make ends meet!!

However, I have enough sense to know that pool lessons from wannabees, are a rip off....

BWA HA HA HA...

What does that make you, Bubba?

Oh, and BTW, no one calls me Granny...

Just you.

Sonny.

wolfdancer
12-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Gayle, there is good and bad out there regarding pool instruction, and I did take a lesson from a "wannabe", once, but that was before the BCA began setting some standards for , along with, grading their approved instructors.
I sat in on introductory lessons down in LV, and while all of the cue tech panel were knowledgeable,in the end it's a matter of how personalities mesh, or clash. I believe, I'd be more comfortable taking lessons from "Tom, then Dick, Or Harry"
I wouldn't question Steve's knowledge, and know that he and Randy have done some joint ventures together, or have some in the works, and if Randy is comfortable working with Steve, that's a positive endorsement in itself.
He and I have come to a mutual agreement re: lessons....He wouldn't be willing to teach me, and I ain't willing to sign up for any "larning"
BUT his politics are a separate thing from his pool...

pooltchr
12-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Thank you for a reasonable, well thought-out, and accurate post, devoid of any sarcastic insults or comments.

I hope it felt good.

Steve

wolfdancer
12-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Was it good for you? lol
I don't like your politics, don't even like you, because of your politics, but see that as separate from your
pool instruction. I'm "sold" on the cue-tech program, and got to like the staff at Cue-Tech...because while it is a business, they all seem to really enjoy teaching others, and sharing their knowledge. I have picked up some good info, informally from an SPFF instructor, who is a friend.
When i compare that to the crap that was being put out in 1981 when I first began playing....and somebody taught aiming at the convergence of the three light shadows in front of the O.B. as an aiming system....it worked, sort of, with the old 3 warehouse style lamps. That gives me an idea....I have that same lighting, and had forgotten about that system.....I'll probably never lose another game on my home table. Maybe I can invite Dee here for some $$ games, and get this mortgage paid off

pooltchr
12-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Careful. Dee has been around enough he probably knows the same aiming system!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-02-2009, 10:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, there is good and bad out there regarding pool instruction, and I did take a lesson from a "wannabe", once, but that was before the BCA began setting some standards for , along with, grading their approved instructors.
I sat in on introductory lessons down in LV, and while all of the cue tech panel were knowledgeable,in the end it's a matter of how personalities mesh, or clash. I believe, I'd be more comfortable taking lessons from "Tom, then Dick, Or Harry"
I wouldn't question Steve's knowledge, and know that he and Randy have done some joint ventures together, or have some in the works, and if Randy is comfortable working with Steve, that's a positive endorsement in itself.
He and I have come to a mutual agreement re: lessons....He wouldn't be willing to teach me, and I ain't willing to sign up for any "larning"
BUT his politics are a separate thing from his pool... </div></div>

A condescending personality is hardly a recommendation for teaching anybody, anything.

Also, IMO, three days of intense discussion about an aiming system that was stolen from someone else, Hal, is hardly my idea of a reputable organization, particularly when one can get great instruction from a professional player, for far less....

But then, admittedly, just knowing that a certain someone here, is associated with that group, sours me on the entire group, particularly after reading his sexist statements over the years.....

I would still maintain, that one lesson is enough to know if your stroke, stance, and general approach, is sufficient. The rest, IMO, comes from experience, having your own table to practice on, having the opportunity to study the pros in action, and if one is serious, taking a few lessons from a PRO, not a wannabe...who has never made a mark in the professional rhelm.

Just my opinion, of course.

G.

pooltchr
12-02-2009, 11:00 AM
That might be a good theory, but it wouldn't explain why so many pro players go to professional instructors to improve their game.

Steve

wolfdancer
12-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Oops!! Sorry, for butting in....I thought your post was on "more LWW Fear Mongering", and since I don't read directly, what it is our little furry friend writes....I thought I could glenn, er, glean the gist of some latest brain fart of his from your post.
Carry on!!!

Gayle in MD
12-03-2009, 11:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That might be a good theory, but it wouldn't explain why so many pro players go to professional instructors to improve their game.

Steve </div></div>

The vast majority of Pro Players, go to other Pro players, not to wannabee amatuers, who never made it to the big time....

Nice try, but it doesn't fly....

G.

pooltchr
12-03-2009, 12:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That might be a good theory, but it wouldn't explain why so many pro players go to professional instructors to improve their game.

Steve </div></div>

The vast majority of Pro Players, go to other Pro players, not to wannabee amatuers, who never made it to the big time....

G.

</div></div>

And Gayle continues on her merry way in blissful ignorance...

If it were any of your business, I could give you a list of names who have been to our classes that would shock you. But I would hate to burst your bubble of being the all knowing master of every subject known to man.
Go back to fantasy land!

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-03-2009, 12:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That might be a good theory, but it wouldn't explain why so many pro players go to professional instructors to improve their game.

Steve </div></div>

G.

</div></div>

And Gayle continues on her merry way in blissful ignorance...

If it were any of your business, I could give you a list of names who have been to our classes that would shock you. But I would hate to burst your bubble of being the all knowing master of every subject known to man.
Go back to fantasy land!

Steve </div></div>

I heard about a few who were racking up their points for BCA...that's what that was all about...

Anyway, you're back on total ignore, no problemo for me, since your posts are as absurd as your claims....

Golf-Foxtrot-Yankee

pooltchr
12-03-2009, 01:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[
I heard about a few who were racking up their points for BCA...that's what that was all about...

</div></div>

That might make sense if the BCA had a points program for instructors, and if more than one or two of the pros were actually BCA instructors.
But since that's not the case, I guess you need to twist up yourself a new theory.

It's almost pittiful that below average league player pretends they already know all they need to know about their game and about the pro player's game as well. The fact is, the pros understand the value of learning everything they can to improve their game, while amateurs think they can figure it out on their own.

Once one pro finds out that another one went to such-and-such pool school, they are all lining up. They don't want anyone to have an edge that they might not have.

That's what makes them so good!

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-03-2009, 01:17 PM
You're on ignore, A.H.

pooltchr
12-03-2009, 01:18 PM
More lies

Gayle in MD
12-03-2009, 01:40 PM
You're on ignore, A.H.

Golf-Foxtrot-Yankee

Chilled
12-03-2009, 01:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're on ignore, A.H.

Golf-Foxtrot-Yankee </div></div>

Tiger himself may be privately running through the full gamut of swear words right now so can see where the word association influence may have arisen, but purely out of respect for the great game will just mention that strictly speaking the above expression should be "Gulf" Foxtrot Yankee lol.

Gayle in MD
12-03-2009, 02:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chilled</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're on ignore, A.H.

Golf-Foxtrot-Yankee </div></div>

Tiger himself may be privately running through the full gamut of swear words right now so can see where the word association influence may have arisen, but purely out of respect for the great game will just mention that strictly speaking the above expression should be "Gulf" Foxtrot Yankee lol. </div></div>

Unless you're making a joke, I beg to differ...the correct word in the Maritime Alphabet, is Golf.

http://www.maritime-rescue.com/search-light/14-safety-information/6-phonetic-alphabet.html