PDA

View Full Version : Cheney/Bush Blockade Broken!

Gayle in MD
11-20-2009, 02:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HOT DOCUMENTS
Cheney remarks in leak probe released
POSTED: 04:58 PM ET, 10/30/2009 by Liz Heron
TAGS: CIA, DOJ, Dick Cheney, FBI

Former Vice President Dick Cheney told a special prosecutor in 2004 that he could not remember playing any role in leaking the identity of Valerie Plame as a clandestine CIA officer, according to FBI records released under court order (PDF) today.

After years of legal maneuvering to keep the documents secret, they were made public late today under a lawsuit brought by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. That organization provided the FBI notes to The Washington Post. Portions of the three documents, totaling 67 pages, were redacted on grounds of national security, privacy or privileged presidential communications.

Outline and Notes from the Cheney Interview (PDF)

Second document from Cheney interview (PDF)

Third document from Cheney interview (PDF)

In his May 8, 2004 interview with Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald, Cheney said he could not recall when he learned that Plame, the wife of Iraq war critic Joe Wilson, worked for the CIA; could not recall telling his chief of staff, I. Lewis Libby, about Plame's employment; and could not recall telling Libby to disclose the news to reporters.

Libby was convicted of perjury and obstruction of justice for lying under oath about his conversations with reporters. Cheney's role remained a central mystery. In sworn grand jury statements, Libby said "it was possible" that Cheney asked him to leak Plame's identity to reporters, "but I don't recall it happening."

FBI notes of Cheney's May 8, 2004 interview, which have not been made public before, do little to clear up the unanswered questions that, according to Fitzgerald, left "a cloud over the vice president" in one of the most embarrassing episodes of the presidency of George W. Bush.

--Barton Gellman

</div></div>http://blog.washingtonpost.com/washingtonpostinvestigations/?nid=roll_investigations

With links to Cheney's notes...

Hellovalotof notes there on Joe Wilson, and directions for Libby....

Say this, say that, don't recall here, don't recall there...

But NOOOOOOOOOOOO, he wasn't involved in any of it!

BWA HA HA HA

G.

Bobbyrx
11-20-2009, 05:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">could not recall telling his chief of staff, I. Lewis Libby, about Plame's employment; and could not recall telling Libby to disclose the news to reporters.
</div></div>
Maybe his memory, when Cheney writes his book, with his notes in front of him, recreating the entire day in his mind, his memory will be sharpened far more than under sworn testimony, when the one thing you don't wish to do is tell something that could be distorted as a lie, so if you're not sure, you say,...."I don't recall"...

Gayle in MD
11-21-2009, 07:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">could not recall telling his chief of staff, I. Lewis Libby, about Plame's employment; and could not recall telling Libby to disclose the news to reporters.
</div></div>
Maybe his memory, when Cheney writes his book, with his notes in front of him, recreating the entire day in his mind, his memory will be sharpened far more than under sworn testimony, when the one thing you don't wish to do is tell something that could be distorted as a lie, so if you're not sure, you say,...."I don't recall"...
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Well, when trying to get to the truth, you don't just take research from only one source. Research means searching for the truth...and when doing so, one has to look to many sources. When they all point to the same answer, then you know you're on to something.

When the best investigative reporters in the country, are all saying the same thing, and laying it out with good documentation in their books, then you know you're on to the truth.

The fact that you have sought to twist the meaning of a sentence, does not change that a bit.

Clarke was not the person who made the decision. He recieved a request, from several higher ups, and that has been documented over and over again.

I'm not going to do this again, because you're famous for nit picking some little insignificant detail out of a much larger accumulatin of evidence, and try to blow it into something big, while completely ignoring the overall substance of mounting evidence. It's a waste of my time, because I've already read the books...why don't you do so yourself. Then you could proviide an educated opinion, instead of just some partisan nit picking...

Also, I'd appreciate it if you'd stop jumping into my threads and hi-jacking them into another personal vendetta of nit picking, while completely ignoring the overview of the original subject....

G.</span>

llotter
11-21-2009, 08:57 AM
If it is not Bush, it's Cheney. This is just a diversion away from The Moron while he 'transforms' America into a third world country. Lies are the stock and trade of the Left and by repeating them ad nauseum, the lies take on the color of truth but they are still just lies that are perpetuated to make their PC world look credible. That it fools as many people as it does shows that it is a very effective method of transforming America.