PDA

View Full Version : The stake thru the heart of global warming myth?

LWW
11-20-2009, 04:24 PM
http://www.coolest-vampire-art-gallery.com/images/vampire-staked-through-the-heart.jpghttp://www.coolest-vampire-art-gallery.com/images/vampire-staked-through-the-heart.jpg

Unless these are proven to be fake ... this is no less than a garlic soaked dagger through the heart of the vampire that is cap and trade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 26pt'><u>Climategate: the final nail in the coffin of 'Anthropogenic Global Warming'?</u></span>

By James Delingpole Politics Last updated: November 20th, 2009
141 Comments Comment on this article

If you own any shares in alternative energy companies I should start dumping them NOW. The conspiracy behind the Anthropogenic Global Warming myth (aka AGW; aka ManBearPig) has been suddenly, brutally and quite deliciously exposed after a hacker broke into the computers at the University of East Anglia’s Climate Research Unit (aka Hadley CRU) and released 61 megabites of confidential files onto the internet. (Hat tip: Watts Up With That)

When you read some of those files – including 1079 emails and 72 documents – you realise just why the boffins at Hadley CRU might have preferred to keep them confidential. As Andrew Bolt puts it, this scandal could well be “the greatest in modern science”. These alleged emails – supposedly exchanged by some of the most prominent scientists pushing AGW theory – suggest:

Conspiracy, collusion in exaggerating warming data, possibly illegal destruction of embarrassing information, organised resistance to disclosure, manipulation of data, private admissions of flaws in their public claims and much more.

One of the alleged emails has a gentle gloat over the death in 2004 of John L Daly (one of the first climate change sceptics, founder of the Still Waiting For Greenhouse site), commenting:

“In an odd way this is cheering news.”

But perhaps the most damaging revelations – the scientific equivalent of the Telegraph’s MPs’ expenses scandal – are those concerning the way Warmist scientists may variously have manipulated or suppressed evidence in order to support their cause.

Here are a few tasters. (So far, we can only refer to them as alleged emails because – though Hadley CRU’s director Phil Jones has confirmed the break-in to Ian Wishart at the Briefing Room – he has yet to fess up to any specific contents.) But if genuine, they suggest dubious practices such as:

<u>Manipulation of evidence:</u>
I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.

<u>Private doubts about whether the world really is heating up:</u>
The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t. The CERES data published in the August BAMS 09 supplement on 2008 shows there should be even more warming: but the data are surely wrong. Our observing system is inadequate.

<u>Suppression of evidence:</u>
Can you delete any emails you may have had with Keith re AR4?
Keith will do likewise. He’s not in at the moment – minor family crisis.
Can you also email Gene and get him to do the same? I don’t have his new email address.

We will be getting Caspar to do likewise.

<u>Fantasies of violence against prominent Climate Sceptic scientists:</u>
Next time I see Pat Michaels at a scientific meeting, I’ll be tempted to beat
the crap out of him. Very tempted.

<u>Attempts to disguise the inconvenient truth of the Medieval Warm Period (MWP):</u>
……Phil and I have recently submitted a paper using about a dozen NH records that fit this category, and many of which are available nearly 2K back–I think that trying to adopt a timeframe of 2K, rather than the usual 1K, addresses a good earlier point that Peck made w/ regard to the memo, that it would be nice to try to “contain” the putative “MWP”, even if we don’t yet have a hemispheric mean reconstruction available that far back….

And, perhaps most reprehensibly, a long series of communications discussing how best to squeeze dissenting scientists out of the peer review process. How, in other words, to create a scientific climate in which anyone who disagrees with AGW can be written off as a crank, whose views do not have a scrap of authority.

“This was the danger of always criticising the skeptics for not publishing in the “peer-reviewed literature”. Obviously, they found a solution to that–take over a journal! So what do we do about this? I think we have to stop considering “Climate Research” as a legitimate peer-reviewed journal. Perhaps we should encourage our colleagues in the climate research community to no longer submit to, or cite papers in, this journal. We would also need to consider what we tell or request of our more reasonable colleagues who currently sit on the editorial board…What do others think?”

“I will be emailing the journal to tell them I’m having nothing more to do with it until they rid themselves of this troublesome editor.”“It results from this journal having a number of editors. The responsible one for this is a well-known skeptic in NZ. He has let a few papers through by Michaels and Gray in the past. I’ve had words with Hans von Storch about this, but got nowhere. Another thing to discuss in Nice !”

Hadley CRU has form in this regard. In September – I wrote the story up here as “How the global warming industry is based on a massive lie” – Hadley CRU’s researchers were exposed as having “cherry-picked” data in order to support their untrue claim that global temperatures had risen higher at the end of the 20th century than at any time in the last millenium. Hadley CRU was also the organisation which – in contravention of all acceptable behaviour in the international scientific community – spent years withholding data from researchers it deemed unhelpful to its cause. This matters because Hadley CRU, established in 1990 by the Met Office, is a government-funded body which is supposed to be a model of rectitude. Its HadCrut record is one of the four official sources of global temperature data used by the IPCC.

I asked in my title whether this will be the final nail in the coffin of Anthropenic Global Warming. This was wishful thinking, of course. In the run up to Copenhagen, we will see more and more hysterical (and grotesquely exaggerated) stories such as this in the Mainstream Media. And we will see ever-more-virulent campaigns conducted by eco-fascist activists, such as this risible new advertising campaign by Plane Stupid showing CGI polar bears falling from the sky and exploding because kind of, like, man, that’s sort of what happens whenever you take another trip on an aeroplane.

The world is currently cooling; electorates are increasingly reluctant to support eco-policies leading to more oppressive regulation, higher taxes and higher utility bills; the tide is turning against Al Gore’s Anthropogenic Global Warming theory. The so-called “sceptical” view is now also the majority view.

Unfortunately, we’ve a long, long way to go before the public mood (and scientific truth) is reflected by our policy makers. There are too many vested interests in AGW, with far too much to lose either in terms of reputation or money, for this to end without a bitter fight.

But if the Hadley CRU scandal is true,it’s a blow to the AGW lobby’s credibility which is never likely to recover.</div></div>

&gt;&gt;&gt;CLICK HERE&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100017393/climategate-the-final-nail-in-the-coffin-of-anthropogenic-global-warming/)

LWW

cushioncrawler
11-21-2009, 05:58 PM
I will look into this and report back -- it might take a week or two. But it will be the uzual lies by the anti warming bunch.

Hmmmmmm -- It brings to mind a scene from Get Smart ......
Chief --- "KAOS haz infiltrated CONTROL to get its hands on the secret formula for AR4".
Max ----- "Why thats terrible Chief".
Chief --- "Max, u have to find the KAOS mole, and save the world -- have u got any questions".
Max ----- "Errr, just one Chief -- what iz AR4 ???"
madMac.

LWW
11-22-2009, 10:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will look into this and report back -- it might take a week or two. But it will be the uzual lies by the anti warming bunch.</div></div>

I love how you prove your open mind by displaying your closed mind.

That was just precious.

LWW

llotter
11-22-2009, 01:46 PM
The important thing here is that the earth is getting warmer due to human activity, especially burning fossil fuels with their polluting CO2 by-products. If the numbers have to be jiggered a little to wake up the knuckle dragging dummies, so much the better. We all know that science necessarily lags reality but the truth is so obvious for all to see and we must act before the sky really does fall.

We didn't have to wait for science to prove that cigarette smoking was bad for your health before we acted by printing warnings on the packages and started to tax the hell out of them for the good of all. Al Gore himself, grew up on a farm four months out of the year and had a dog and a pony and knows the feel of the earth and if he isn't the smartest guy to follow on this important issue, there are thousands of others that also know the truth.

So wake up America and place yourself in the good hands of the state, where really smart people don't have to wait for proof of the obvious before taking action...Smart people who always put the interest of the greatest good for the greatest number of people.

llotter
11-22-2009, 02:02 PM
You know, it wouldn't surprise me if some oil or coal interests had infiltrated some of these research labs and planted info to discredit the veracity of their unbiased data. This is all too convenient to get released just as the biggest most important summit of all time is about to get started.

Follow the money to wherever it leads but we know the truth and it has only to be discovered who and how good science and good scientists should be brought under the pall of dishonesty. We know that there is no limit to which these dastardly 'capitalists' will not go to protect their ill gotten gains.

cushioncrawler
11-22-2009, 02:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will look into this and report back -- it might take a week or two. But it will be the uzual lies by the anti warming bunch.</div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love how you prove your open mind by displaying your closed mind. That was just precious. LWW</div></div>ElDubb -- Firstly, this stuff will be found to be lies.
Secondly, the second lie, iz of course the inference that any of that stuff iz wicked -- every word of it can hav a perfiktly good context.

I hav gone throo this sort of anti-global warming krapp on this forum before -- and every single point raized by idiots in the past haz been shown to be false at one level or another -- and now we hav a new idiot.
madMac.

cushioncrawler
11-22-2009, 02:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.......Attempts to disguise the inconvenient truth of the Medieval Warm Period (MWP).......</div></div>The MWP woz not a very strong change, and woz not global, but certainly had a large effekt on Greenland. Scientists think that it woz due to changes in local (north atlantic) ocean currents, possibly due to very high rainfall, ie due to a large amount of fresh water.
It reminds us that if the main atlantic current suffers a tipping point it could change life az we know it in the greater part of that hemisphere.
madMac.

llotter
11-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Geez, I just cannot believe that a thinking person can fall for this GW scam and I sorta thought your were a thinking person, Mac

cushioncrawler
11-22-2009, 03:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geez, I just cannot believe that a thinking person can fall for this GW scam and I sorta thought your were a thinking person, Mac</div></div>llotter -- The scams and lies are within the anti'mob. Their No1 lie iz that at issue iz "the truth" of GW -- it aint the main issue -- the main issue iz that GW "might be true".

GW science needs good anti'science to keep the science true.
Science haztabe able to answer every question raized -- but there haznt been much good anti'science round -- there hav been very few good anti'questions.
madMac.

llotter
11-23-2009, 08:44 AM
What the Left is proposing is to decrease man-caused CO2 emissions across the world in the hope that this might effect long-term warming trends but the numbers just don't justify the actions proposed.

First, CO2 only represents .0004 part of the atmosphere and only, according to 'science' about .05 part of the greenhouse gases. On top of that, only about .05 part is man-caused CO2 gases according to 'science'.

So, putting these number in perspective, we are attempting to control GW based on affecting about 6 sq. inches on an area the size of a football field. Now, we can't even control that small amount because most all of it is essential for life to continue at anything close to what we currently enjoy. At best, we can actually control maybe 1 or 2 % of that very small area when you consider that the third world still want to grow and become rich themselves. I would suggest that 'science' is nowhere near the accuracy level to justify the draconian measures that the cool-aid drinkers have demanded especially when there is still significant disagreement as to cause or whether it even exists.

All of this is not to suggest that conservation or resources is not a good thing but that will best happen in the marketplace where a price is added for inefficiency. Politician and bureaucrats do not and cannot have the ability to control the future of anything and should be voted out of office for being so arrogant to think they can.

I read recently that a good sized dog creates a carbon footprint as big as a Hummer so it won't be long before pets become illegal with The Moron's in charge.

LWW
11-23-2009, 10:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ElDubb -- Firstly, this stuff will be found to be lies.</div></div>

Thank you.

When one determines the answer and then formulates the equation to "PROVE" the answer they have entered the realm of junk science ... and junk science has been the foundation of AGW from the beginning.

LWW

cushioncrawler
11-23-2009, 03:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ElDubb -- Firstly, this stuff will be found to be lies.</div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[Thank you. When one determines the answer and then formulates the equation to "PROVE" the answer they have entered the realm of junk science ... and junk science has been the foundation of AGW from the beginning. LWW</div></div>ElDubb -- A good anti will take the raw data -- show how the liers hav changed and analysed the data to help their lie -- and show how the data shood really look and what it really says.
Wont happen.

In the meantime sort of what we hav iz some bits of emails that someone reckons hav been sent by murderers. Fine, but, to take this anywhere further they then havta find a body or blood or something -- otherwize it iz all hot air.
Will they find bodys -- no they wont.
madMac.

LWW
11-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Sorry ... using science in the haphazard manner of the IPCC I can proof that the cause of GW was pirates.

http://www.venganza.org/images/PiratesVsTemp.png

LWW

cushioncrawler
11-23-2009, 03:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry ... using science in the haphazard manner of the IPCC I can proof that the cause of GW was pirates. LWW</div></div>ElDubb -- That pirate stuff iznt good science. Anyhow, what about the medieval period, when temps went up even tho pirating woz in a bad slump -- most of the pirates were on unemployment when their bubble broke.

And then what about the little ice age in about 1820 -- where iz that shown on that graff. In addition, we know that pirating woz booming at that same period -- mainly due to a shortage of pirates -- mainly due to lots of them being eaten by polar bears when the carribean froze.
madMac.