PDA

View Full Version : To Facebook, or not?

Deeman3
11-23-2009, 08:03 AM
I was just wondering, is Facebook worthwhile? Do any of you use it for interaction and stuff. With the major decline of reasonable discussion here, I thought there might be a better way of wasting time on the computer.

What do you think?

pooltchr
11-23-2009, 10:03 AM
You do get to pick your friends, so you don't have to deal with difficult people if you don't want to. I use it, among other things, to keep up with some of the other instructors, and many of my pro friends.

Steve

sack316
11-23-2009, 02:55 PM
You got me, Steve, Ed, and Tom Russell on it... what more do you need? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

eg8r
11-23-2009, 03:56 PM
For me, Facebook is just another way to keep in contact with people I otherwise would not keep up with. It was a great way to get back in contact with people I have not seen in 20 years. Presently it is safer than Myspace as far as getting a virus.

eg8r

Deeman3
11-23-2009, 04:49 PM
I signed up, filled out the profile, found a few folks, now it won't letr me back in. The e-mail link they sent to confirm my account did not work so I may just be the only guy to only visit facebook once to set up my account, then die. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
11-23-2009, 05:54 PM
saw that you got my request, good deal!

If you're still have trouble with the confirmation, try it again later on. Facebook has been acting funny today.

Sack

Chopstick
11-24-2009, 08:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I signed up, filled out the profile, found a few folks, now it won't letr me back in. The e-mail link they sent to confirm my account did not work so I may just be the only guy to only visit facebook once to set up my account, then die. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Maybe it's time for Deeman4. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Spiderman's on there somewhere.

pooltchr
11-24-2009, 08:45 AM
I sent a request to you, and it went through. You show up on my list of friends as "pending response", so you're in there somewhere!
Steve

Qtec
11-24-2009, 08:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It was a great way to get back in contact with people I have not seen in 20 years. </div></div>

[You mean they found you! I'm guessing you owe both of them money! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Q............can't believe Eg has mellowed in the last 20 yrs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Deeman3
11-24-2009, 09:34 AM
Chopstick,

Where is Marty? I know he has better things to do than visit with us here but it has been many, many moons since I have heard from him. Is he still in Dallas?